It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army's 4th PSYOPs Group worked/s at CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now I realize that this news is 5 years old but I think it‘s still relevant today, what with the U.S. sponsored war of terror and the 9/11 whitewash. Along with Popular Mechanics straw man attempt to cover up the true perpetrators of 9/11 and their involvement with the CIA it’s not too difficult for U.S. bureaucracy to infiltrate and corrupt the major media outlets, this piece was written a few years back CNN has said they terminated the deal but I am of the believe that the Psyop’s teams is still there, I mean why would they leave they were put in place a year before 9/11

Army's 4th PSYOPs Group worked at CNN

The Military and CNN
by Alexander Cockburn
March 23, 2000

A handful of military personnel from the 4th Psychological Operations Group (i.e. PSYOPs) based at Fort Bragg in North Carolina have until recently been working in CNN's headquarters in Atlanta.
Col. Christopher St. John, commander of the U.S. Army's 4th PSYOPs Group, was quoted by a French Intelligence correspondent, present at the symposium, as (in the correspondent's words) having ``called for greater cooperation between the armed forces and media giants. He (St. John) pointed out that some Army PSYOPs personnel had worked for CNN for several weeks, and helped in the production of some news stories for the network.''

Eason Jordan was full of indignation that I had somehow compromised the reputation of CNN. But in the course of our conversation, it turned out that, yes, CNN had hosted a total of five interns from U.S. Army PSYOPs, two in television, two in radio, and one in satellite operations. Jordan said the program had begun on June 7 (just before the end of the war against Serbia), and only recently terminated, I would guess at about the time CNN's higher management read Abe De Vries' stories.
Link

source:
CNN and Psyops

'Popular Mechanics' & Other CIA Front Organizations

[edit on 14/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
But Zed I thought CNN was totally unbiased and only reported hard facts

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Still better than FOX!!!

booyah!

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
But Zed I thought CNN was totally unbiased and only reported hard facts

yea thats thier story
oh yea I'm not Zed by the way

Originally posted by skippytjc
Still better than FOX!!!
booyah!

LOL Fox the Bush feel good news, I watch them both when I put the boob toob on, hear the head lines and then go source the real story

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's an interesting story from the psyops' exploits:

Headquartered at the 4th Psychological Operations Group in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, the psy-op artists typically rely on cartoon animations to get their messages across. But it's psy-op history itself that belongs in a comic strip: Its collection of harebrained schemes is sometimes almost too colorful to believe, though all of the following tales have been reported on from time to time. One such plan initially investigated by the air force before Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait entailed the projection of a holographic image of Allah floating over Baghdad and instructing Iraqi civilians to overthrow Saddam. The idea was promptly dropped after scientists informed the Pentagon that it would require a mirror that was a square mile in area, not to mention the added problem that no one knows what Allah looks like. Furthermore, since divine portrayals of any kind are strictly forbidden in Islam, the hologram would surely have gotten a reaction, but probably not exactly the one intended.

top topics

join