It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Never bothered standing still.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
OK it's been all of two wks now, and yes there were media reports about disclosure, some eyebrows raised, but you know what?? On my social media accounts, no one seemed to care ,
friends and contacts I have many, off-line too, this was just not a thing.
Star Wars attracted more comments than the disclosure thing.

But maybe I'm living in a bubble here, but have any of you guys noticed the same lack of enthusiasm?? I mean not for UFO enthusiasts, but regular barroom or barber shop talk.

I'm beginning to think ,even if aliens did land on the White House lawn, after a couple of selfies folks would just settled back into the same routine.
I'm I wrong in this??
edit on 2-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

i think the media reports from the past weeks regarding 'disclosure' was just not enough to bring a reaction out of most folks. The naysayers still shrug it off as fake, for the believers its nothing new really.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I noticed the same at work I mentioned it and people just shrugged or it didn't appear to compute with them.
Those who can not think of the big questions are mentally deficient.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Too many "boys who cried wolf" is the reason behind the lack of interest.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I'm beginning to think ,even if aliens did land on the White House lawn, after a couple of selfies folks would just settled back into the same routine.

I'm I wrong in this??

If aliens ever did decide to make themselves known publicly on a mass scale or through a major event, it would wholly depend on how the media decided to jump on the matter that would manipulate a wide scale public response.

If they did land on the White House lawn and were unusually hostile or over-reachingly beautiful, you can bet the media would be all over it for the mobilization of public awareness (hostile) or some sort of fanfare super groupie response a la celebrity status (beautiful).

I tend to fall into the mindset that they are already here, going about their business and not making much of a fuss over things, or are being kept somewhat of a secret because they have specifically requested not to be made known by the higher authorities and the media just drips information to keep the public somewhat entertained by the possibility as opposed to actual confirmation.

Suppose they are highly intelligent, but also shy and protective of themselves.....you have to admit keeping them somewhat shielded from the onslaught of media attention would be beneficial, as folks these days are head over heels involved in aggressive, hostile and combative opinions over just about everything the news does report.

Were I from another world visiting, I'd want to keep my head down low around these parts as well.

Whatever the case, beings from another world would only suit the media agenda if they had an angle to spin it to their advantage, and whether or not the higher ups deemed it suitable for publication and mass awareness.

Otherwise, we're just going to have to rely on our own shared experiences and reconnaissance when it comes to the possibility and phenomena. I have had several, and it disrupted my life on such a mass scale and I'm still trying to work my head around what happened. I can only image the cognitive dissonance of the entire populace were said beings made known officially....it would be chaos in my opinion.

edit on 1/2/18 by GENERAL EYES because: fixed ex tags

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

If aliens did land on the white house with their shiny fancy saucers, NASA still would be looking for life in the solarsytem and telling us that Mars once had an atmosphere with maybe life.

SETI was still trying to figure out if the WOW signal could be authentic and not static.

Neil Degrasse Tyson would still say that we don't know what we're looking at because its a unidentified flying OBJECTTT.

Stephen Hawking would still say we shouldn't make contact because they could be wanting to destroy us and take over the Earth.

And Steven Greer would say that's a falseflag alien and I've got the real ones here in my dresser.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Too many "boys who cried wolf" is the reason behind the lack of interest.

Hmm maybe you are on to something, years of YouTube viewing ,fuzzy pics talks of imminent disclosure etc nothing ever happens.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There was a spike in interest and a mass UFO sighting on Dec 23rd but it turned out to just be the Spacex launch. Other than that people at work and social media friends don't seem to care or be interested at all.

I guess people either accept that there's something out there but don't want to worry about its repercussions or they're too busy scouring Kim Krapdashians instagram/too stupid to care.

Solid proof of Alien life is the biggest single event to effect the Human psyche since early Homosapiens first looked up and the sky and questioned their place in life

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
As far as the MSM goes:

An Alien craft could land in South Africa ala District 9 and all we'd be hearing about is how Trump will make a fool of Earthlings and will be landing us in some sort of Intergalactic war. Maybe with a 2 minute overview of what attire the Aliens are wearing.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

You apparently have no concepts of how earth-shaking would be contact with ETIs. It would not be a walk in the park or back the the usual as you suggest. Upon what basis would you even think such a simplistic possibility?

I'm tired of trying to make people understand that their entire world, based on nothing more than human thinking about themselves individually and as a whole is going to eventually, if not swiftly, end once a relationship is started with the ETIs that are here already in the UFOs.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In my experience, many people just don't think about such things, it doesn't factor in their life. Such things are quickly ignored, ridiculed or brushed aside. I think it would take a huge media announcement, with hard facts and no room for doubt at all before people would sit up and take note.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You apparently have no concepts of how earth-shaking would be contact with ETIs. It would not be a walk in the park or back the the usual as you suggest. Upon what basis would you even think such a simplistic possibility? 

But you are over looking the lack of overall response of the general public, one would think that such revelations as occurred two weeks ago on all media outlets , without the smirk and giggles one usually get, folks social media and office water fountain talk should be all a buzz, but act as if nothing remarkable took place, I mean didn't some really really big. deal in both govt and industry came out and said yes..this is a thing???

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sorry dbl post.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

OK it's been all of two wks now, and yes there were media reports about disclosure, some eyebrows raised, but you know what?? On my social media accounts, no one seemed to care ...

What was there to care about?

Are you talking about the program that Harry Reid got pushed through, or did I miss something?

If it *is* the senator's program, then I do not know why anyone should care enough to make it a social media thing. There seems to be nothing to it. It had a tiny, tiny budget, the Pentagon did not want/ask for it, and though I believe Reids interest to be genuine it just reeks of quid pro pro:

Robert Bigelow lobbies to get Harry Reid hooked on the subject, Bigelow then donates money to Reid's campaign, Reid get the $22 million UFO-program on the Pentagon budget, and Bigelow's company is awarded the contract for most of money.

If anything is disclosed it is how lobbying works.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Are you talking about the program that Harry Reid got pushed through, or did I miss something? 

If it *is* the senator's program, then I do not know why anyone should care enough to make it a social media thing.

Yes that's what I'm referring to, even if one thought it a waste of tax dollars, why made this public, I mean not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but still what would be the point.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yes that's what I'm referring to, even if one thought it a waste of tax dollars, why made this public, I mean not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things, but still what would be the point.

But that is the thing; it was not 'disclosed' as such, it was just a story that NYT broke, sort of on Harry Reid's behalf, and despite what the article makes it seem, the program was never classified.

George Knapp, who is a friend of Reid, had thought of doing a piece on it, but Reid suggested that it would be better if it was an MSM outlet like NYT that ran the story, as it would not 'preach to the choir' to the same extend.

(To me the most interesting aspect of this is that NYT ran the story without its usual ridicule-angle. That had me wonder a but, but to be honest I suspect that it is just a bit of pandering to a senator. That would be understandable.)

edit on 2-1-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

If aliens did land on the white house with their shiny fancy saucers, NASA still would be looking for life in the solarsytem and telling us that Mars once had an atmosphere with maybe life.

SETI was still trying to figure out if the WOW signal could be authentic and not static.

Neil Degrasse Tyson would still say that we don't know what we're looking at because its a unidentified flying OBJECTTT.

Stephen Hawking would still say we shouldn't make contact because they could be wanting to destroy us and take over the Earth.

And Steven Greer would say that's a falseflag alien and I've got the real ones here in my dresser.

You didnt have anyone in there saying it was a Project BLUEBEAM PSYOP.

Because thats what it would be.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Good points, but my social media ppl are not into alien or UFOS as a topic, the kind of folks that should be shocked the most, some "may"have heard of Roswell, but I can almost guarantee not much else, this public release would rank as a fail.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Maybe I'll start believing that when I see them shapeshifting into something else , although if words can shift into total opposite of their original stories I have to consider it fact..

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

If it *is* the senator's program, then I do not know why anyone should care enough to make it a social media thing.

What was the point, I'll ask you?

It doesn't seem to be disclosure.

Also why is now the right time to talk about aliens?

It's an article about a program what to find out if aliens or UFOs are real? Which?

We already know of government projects studying UFOs from the airforce..

So to me it was a nothing article and calling that "disclosure" is ludacris. Any real evidence of aliens would shake our world to the core.. now we live in starwars... not to bring up a sore subject.. yikes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join