It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptic Assange tweet ignites concern for his well-being

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A Julian Assange tweet featuring a 60 character code and a YouTube link to a popular rap song has sparked a frenzy of speculation about the meaning of the message and the wellbeing of the WikiLeaks founder.

Link

The 46-year-old published the tweet in the early hours of Monday morning. The peculiar post, which lacked any apparent context, triggered a flurry of speculation on Twitter and on message boards.

M.I.A. - Paper Planes (Wiki)

The song's backing track is a replayed sample of the 1982 song "Straight to Hell" by The Clash.

Lyrics:

I fly like paper, get high like planes
If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name
If you come around here, I make 'em all day
I get one down in a second if you wait (x2)

Sometimes I think sitting on trains
Every stop I get to I'm clicking my gun
Everyone's a winner we're making that fame
Bonafide hustler making my name (x2)

All I wanna do is (gunfire)
And (gun cocking)
And take your money (x4)

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system (x2)

No one on the corner has swag like us
Hit me on my burner prepaid wireless
We pack and deliver like UPS trucks
Already going to hell, just pumping that gas (x2)

And (gun cocking)
And take your money (x4)

M.I.A.
Third world democracy
Yeah, I got more records than the K.G.B.
So, uh, no funny business

Some some some I some I murder
Some I some I let go
Some some some I some I murder
Some I some I let go

And (gun cocking)
And take your money (x4)

I will agree that Assange appears to like the attention he garners. Whether that attention should be given or not (especially on the heels of other partly related, anonymous offerings), will cause just enough uncertainty to feed the hype. The correct thing to do, would be to suspend any notion of belief until the message becomes clear and intentions are known. Until then, I will say that some things are absolutely worth publicizing.

Good luck trying to make sense of it.

The song received wide acclaim upon release, with contemporary critics complimenting its music direction and the subversive, unconventional subject matter of the piece, citing its chorus and its lyrical humour in the promotion of globalization.

edit on 1-1-2018 by eisegesis because: cleaned up

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
More hexadecimal code.

Because none of the letters exceed F in the alphabet. 16 bit base numeric and letter system, 0-9 a-f.

Anybody figure out the lsat one yet?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

He does like the attention, doesn’t he..

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

How many tweets and threads are we going to see in which Assange's well-being is of concern?

At this point, it's the boy who cried wolf...a hundred times over.

Considering that wikileaks outed itself as being a pro-Right Wing outlet that relies on the stupidity of it's readers, I couldn't really care less.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

How many tweets and threads are we going to see in which Assange's well-being is of concern?

Considering that wikileaks outed itself as being a pro-Right Wing outlet that relies on the stupidity of it's readers, I couldn't really care less.

How many inane posts must we suffer through from left wing ignorance ?

+49 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Yea, Wikileaks was a hero to the left when they exposed the Bush admin but now that they've exposed the DNC and showed how they treated Bernie Sanders, rigged the primary for HRC, showed collusion between the media and the Clinton campaign, NOW they're just right wing propaganda.

Keep those partisan blinders on!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Yea, Wikileaks was a hero to the left when they exposed the Bush admin but now that they've exposed the DNC and showed how they treated Bernie Sanders, rigged the primary for HRC, showed collusion between the media and the Clinton campaign, NOW they're just right wing propaganda.

How soon they forget.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

That has nothing to do with what I said.

It has been confirmed that Wikileaks has begun to push false narratives and "fake news" against the media and the Left, even though Wikileaks itself was involved with the very people they are trying to "expose".

Wikileaks is now a pro-Right Wing political operation and they are relying on the stupidity of others to not fact check them.

Pot...kettle.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

How many inane posts must we suffer through from left wing ignorance ?

Well, you aren't even trying to hide your deflections very well.

Obvious "I know you are but what am I tactic".

Kindergartners everywhere are proud of ya.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So, wiki leaks did or did not publish emails exposing the corruption of the DNC? Is that just fake news? Or would you rather just keep pretending that didn't happen? Maybe Russia did it.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

So, wiki leaks did or did not publish emails exposing the corruption of the DNC? Is that just fake news? Or would you rather just keep pretending that didn't happen? Maybe Russia did it.

They did. Now tell me how that is relevant to the topic and how it changes the fact they just outed themselves as being not only biased, but pushers of fake news.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They did. Now tell me how that is relevant to the topic and how it changes the fact they just outed themselves as being not only biased, but pushers of fake news.

They've exposed republicans, they've exposed democrats so that makes them biased? How is it fake? What about the thousands of emails published were fake news?

It's relevant because you posted:

Did you not read any of the emails because CNN told you it would be illegal for you to do so? Why are people who read the published emails stupid?

How could they push fake news? If you go to their website it is nothing but leaked documents. There is no opinion pieces there. There is no editorial board.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

What fake news was that again?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

They've exposed republicans, they've exposed democrats so that makes them biased? How is it fake?

I did not say that was fake news. Did you not read that wikileaks purposefully pushed fake news about the NYT and the Clinton State Department?

Did you not read any of the emails because CNN told you it would be illegal for you to do so?

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Why are people who read the published emails stupid?

I didn't say that either. Reading issues this morning?

How could they push fake news? If you go to their website it is nothing but leaked documents. There is no opinion pieces there. There is no editorial board.

Twitter.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

What fake news was that again?

Here is a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I did not say that was fake news. Did you not read that wikileaks purposefully pushed fake news about the NYT and the Clinton State Department?

I missed it. Who proved that the NYT wasn't leaking news stories to Clinton a week in advance of their publishing?

edit on 1-1-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Only fake news I am seeing here is your statement above.. Prove it!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That thread doesn't revolve around the topic being fake news. Where's the fake part?

edit on 1-1-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I missed it. Who proved that the NYT wasn't leaking news stories to Clinton a couple of weeks in advance of their publishing?

Did you not read the thread?

The NYT times was not leaking news storied to the SD or Clinton. They were working with the SD in regards to leaks cables to ensure they did not publish sensitive or classified info. Something that is common in the media.

Wikileaks wrongfully asserted that it was to give the SD time to spin or divert, even though Wikileaks itself was part of the entire issue regarding the cables.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

ME

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join