It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A on a Sunday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this so I think General Chit Chat is best since it really isn't a joke (I don't think) and isn't just about music. Anyway, I thought this was a very relate-able video for those of us in love with Chick-fil-A chicken.

What do you think?

ETA: Going to get some chicken...

edit on 2017/12/28 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That is awesome!

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Music with a message.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don`t watch commercials, I always push the mute button when commercials come on,i`ve gotten good at it after 20+ years of doing it.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I never eat there because the lines are always to long.
I think I know their secret ingredient. Salt.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I never eat there because the lines are always to long.
I think I know their secret ingredient. Salt.

They marinade their chicken in pickle juice.
Or they did.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I stopped eating "fast food" many years ago because I have no interest in eating a whole days worth of fat, salt and cholesterol in one meal.

edit on 29-12-2017 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And thanks to that song, I now know how to pronounce their name properly.

Up until today, I've always pronounced it as "Chick-Fill-Ah" anytime I've seen the name posted here on ATS and wondered how a restaurant came up with such a stupid name.

But alas, it's actually pronounced as "Chick-Filet".

.... which now makes more sense.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The spicy sandwich there is unparalleled. If i have a Sunday hankerin' for fried chicken, I'll go to a Zaxby's. I'm not originally from here but damn, the American south has great chicken. The mom and pop chicken shacks put the name brands to shame though.
edit on 29-12-2017 by InspectorGadget13 because: Autocorrect

edit on 29-12-2017 by InspectorGadget13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Metallicus

And thanks to that song, I now know how to pronounce their name properly.

Up until today, I've always pronounced it as "Chick-Fill-Ah" anytime I've seen the name posted here on ATS and wondered how a restaurant came up with such a stupid name.

But alas, it's actually pronounced as "Chick-Filet".

.... which now makes more sense.

Moved to the Atlanta metro area about twelve years ago...There were the backed up lines at the Chic-filla, Popeye's, KFC, and "Bojangles" (another fried chicken and biscuits fast food place).

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Didn't listen to the song. YouTube is my Chic fil a Sunday hours.
It doesn't happen.
It could.

And the world would be a better place if they had them. Millions in profit. Happy families not having to find another exit since the food sign only had a Chic fil a and a CLOSED SUNDAYS underneath.

But The Holy Chic-Fil-A (pope? Supreme bishop of chicken and jeebus?) declared it shall keep the Sabbath of the South(ern, woo-woo types) as its Law.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
I don`t watch commercials, I always push the mute button when commercials come on,i`ve gotten good at it after 20+ years of doing it.

It’s not a commercial it’s a rap song...maybe listen to it or don’t post at all since you have no idea what the rest of us are talking about.

edit on 2017/12/29 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: skunkape23

I stopped eating "fast food" many years ago because I have no interest in eating a whole days worth of fat, salt and cholesterol in one meal.

It’s not fast food in the traditional sense as most of their food is healthy. They even have super food sides made of kale.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have an interesting story about them (and Sundays). ...

At a certain airport, which shall remain nameless, Chick-Fil-A had a concession in one of the concourses. The terms of all the concession agreements was all concessions had to be open 7 days per week (meaning Sunday also!). When the facility opened Chick-Fil-A was open M-S(aturday), but closed on Sunday. It was a lucrative endeavor for both the franchise and the airport, but the Sunday issue was a customer service problem for the airport.

Over the years there were numerous lawsuits where the airport tried to force the franchise to open on Sundays. Chick-Fil-A resisted and fought tooth & nail. There were numerous iterations, even some including a partnership with another major chain who were open on Sundays. Nothing was ever agreed upon and the airport ultimately terminated the concession agreement. The franchise closed.

The closing created an uproar with the traveling public, they wanted Chick-Fil-A, and how!

Many years passed with no Chick-Fil-A at the airport. Legends of the story were even born as a result. Chick-Fil-A stood their ground.

A couple years ago Chick-Fil-A was granted another concession, this time in a far more prominent location at the airport. They were welcomed back with open and adoring arms. They opened to much fan fare, and to this day still command a whopping business.

They're still not open on Sunday.

edit on 12/29/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I don't know that I have a strong opinion one way or the other on the 'Sunday' issue, but I applaud them for standing by their principles the way they do!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I don't know that I have a strong opinion one way or the other on the 'Sunday' issue, but I applaud them for standing by their principles the way they do!

I have respect for what they do and what they stand for, but I do miss my Sunday chicken sandwich. That is one of the reasons I related to this song and the artist.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Sunday is roast dinner day.

Crazy Americans.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
Sunday is roast dinner day.

Crazy Americans.

Obviously you have never had Chick-fil-A chicken, sir!

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It is what it is. They have a right to run their business as they see fit.

Sure, they could make a lot of money being open on Sunday, but apparently, they do not feel it worthwhile. In other words, for them there are other things more important than the money. Perhaps, just maybe, they feel they make enough of that the other six days of the week to have a successful business?

At this point in time, not being open on Sunday is as much a part of Chick-fil-A as anything else.
edit on 29-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don’t believe my OP implied ther was fundamental issue with being closed on Sunday other than to address the craving alluded to in the video and the dismay of not being able to get the world’s best chicken.

On the contrary...I respect that they stand up for their beliefs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join