It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the accomplishments of creation " science "

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I always thought the quintessential nature of humanity was self realization and autonomy.

Absolutely. Free will. It's what differentiates us from mind-numbing automatons like Creationists. They've given up their free will in favor of a crutch.

That was a nice post you wrote.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That is truly an odd pursuit. Why...why does that mean everything?

It is odd that you would ask such a question?

So you mean it does not matter who is in charge of everything?

That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard......

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66
Asking "who is in charge of everything" is a bit like asking "How often do you beat your wife?", they both make assumptions which are implied in the question.

More reasonably phrased questions would be "Is anybody in charge of everything? If so, then who?" or "Do you beat your wife? If so, how often?"

If the answer to the first part happens to be no, the second part of the question isn't even applicable, in both cases.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson asks, why did God kill 80,000 of his loyal followers who were in church worshiping him on a holy day?

I don't know if anybody is in charge or not, but if there is anybody in that role like God or whoever, they would have to be mean to do something like that; I would call it evil. Now if the devil is in charge, then that might make sense, to kill 80,000 people worshiping god, though I'm not saying I believe that either, I think the answer to the question "is anyone in charge?" is unknown. If the answer is yes, I give them low marks for their performance for the reasons Neil Tyson explains in that video.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
If the answer is yes, I give them low marks for their performance for the reasons Neil Tyson explains in that video.

George Carlin's joke was that if there actually is a God, the kindest thing you could say about him is that he was an "underachiever."

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
I remember Carlin saying that with his usual humorous spin!

The quote Neil Tyson likes which he used repeatedly in the above video is extremely relevant to the topic of this thread, when Galileo noticed looking through his telescope that the universe didn't seem to be behaving in accordance with the bible.

www.brainyquote.com...

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go."

He also mentions large numbers of religious scientists who are able to make the same wise distinction as Galileo.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

That is truly an odd pursuit. Why...why does that mean everything?

It is odd that you would ask such a question?

So you mean it does not matter who is in charge of everything?

That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard......

It's so dumb that you forgot to actually answer the question? Or are you deflecting?

Why does it matter who is in charge of everything? How does the president of all existence decide what your existence means to you and what you should do about it and why your values are of worth to you? How/why does such a being determine who you want to be?

Please answer these questions in detail. I would like to understand, because no one else has answered fully.
edit on 15-2-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
If the answer is yes, I give them low marks for their performance for the reasons Neil Tyson explains in that video.

George Carlin's joke was that if there actually is a God, the kindest thing you could say about him is that he was an "underachiever."

Ah, bless that guy's soul. He was a rare breed.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join