It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody use a pressure cooker/Instant Pot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm supposed to come up with a Christmas list (I'm doing a great job right?), and was thinking it might be nice to have one. I like having a slow cooker around, but if I could bang out chicken (from frozen) in about 10 minutes that would be AWESOME!

Wondering if anyone has experience, whether that's loving it, or it being another thing that gets lost in the back of a cabinet.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
IT GOES HARD AF!

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

My Grandmother used to use one all the time. She would make the most amazing pot roast and gravy in it. I've never used one myself, they kind of scare me. I see myself doing it wrong and having it blow up all over the kitchen or in my face...lol

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've made pulled pork, beef stew, carnitas so far using the instapot.

I think maybe I should make yogurt?

I mean its got a button for it...

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I'm supposed to come up with a Christmas list (I'm doing a great job right?), and was thinking it might be nice to have one. I like having a slow cooker around, but if I could bang out chicken (from frozen) in about 10 minutes that would be AWESOME!

Wondering if anyone has experience, whether that's loving it, or it being another thing that gets lost in the back of a cabinet.

my old roommate used to use an electric rice cooker for cooking his chicken. he would buy the big packs of frozen chicken breasts, and toss in some rice chicken buillion cubes and the frozen chicken and it was done in about 10-15mins and was quite delicious actually. my mother is also a big fan of a low pressure, pressure cooker she uses. its a "cook essentials" brand. i think she bought it on qvc. its alot like a slow cooker but can also do low pressure cooking aswell.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't understand some of the replies. I have used a pressure cooker for ever. Makes the best beans in a short time. Have a slow cooker for other things. Are you talking about what I have heard as 'steam it' which is a slow cooker and pressure cooker in one?

I don't know about it but sure would be willing to try it.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Maybe used around here 4-5 times a year. Up to you if that is worth the expense .
In the back of the cabinet , but never "lost"
Wonderful item .

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Yeah, its the Instant Pot and its amazeballs.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have a pressure cooker that I use for canning, and it works great! Absolutely love it

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

We have an instapot.
It's great for making a roast. Always tender.

I bake ribs in the oven at 200 degrees for 4 hours.
But when I don't have that much time I use the instapot and it's done in an hour.
Not quite as tender but still good.

I also make brown rice in it. I don't normally care for brown rice because it's so damn chewy but this turned out pretty nice.

I would recommend an instapot.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: liveandlearn

Yeah, its the Instant Pot and its amazeballs.[/quote

Thanks for that. Think I will make it a Christmas gift to myself...since it is the only gift I get.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think the daughter is buying us one for Christmas. I don't know if they are any good though. I tend to try to keep the boiling point of soups below a hundred ninety degrees to preserve some much needed chemistry in it. This goes the opposite way.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So I kept seeing "instant pot" suggested for my google searches. Thought 'Wow! A lot of people want some pot right away!'

edit on 22-12-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
PC is perfect for beans or beef. Vegetable soups are richer in taste. There is trade of in higher temperature but + in shorter cooking time.

And it also serve well as geeks autoclave for sterilizing anything from jams to scalpels. Also it may be used as boiler for distillation column.

For this reason I prefer at least 10L models but it somehow limits its usefulness in day to day cooking - unless you have farm. Imagine geese bouillon

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Lmao, drug lords missed out on a Christmas sale special

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Never cooked with one but they are awesome for mushroom cultivation of the mystical variety.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I grow my own beans and peas for the freezer and the pressure cooker is the only way I prepare them. After the pressure builds they are done in 3 or 4 minuets in the pressure cooker.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I use mine every week. It's an electric pressure cooker. I make curries, stews. soups, roasts, potatoes, rice. The meat is always tender and the sauces are full of flavour.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I bought one last Christmas, zero regrets, even minus the damn owners manual.

I've cooked a number of different dishes in it, all turned out pretty well in a very short amount of time. I really love cooking roast, or carne guisada, or potatoe soup. Those always turn out the best.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I bought one last Christmas, zero regrets, even minus the damn owners manual.

I've cooked a number of different dishes in it, all turned out pretty well in a very short amount of time. I really love cooking roast, or carne guisada, or potatoe soup. Those always turn out the best.

I have downloaded cooking instructions for a pressure cooker and caner as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join