It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A War Trump Won

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: nwtrucker

You said it yourself, Trump isn't interested in nation building. So once we deoccupy Syria then the terrorists will move right back in. Iraq may catch a break because their government is a bit more stable, but then again you never know. What I do know is that you are being stupidly naive if you don't think another terrorist organization won't fill in the gaps. Trump may not have started this, but that doesn't mean he is handling this issue correctly.

There IS hope.

Not with Trump. Mr. I Don't Care About Nuance.

Your heroes Russia will step in and secure Assad's State for him, he is their puppet.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Kurds should also be given the glory of defeating ISIS. With training and support from the US-Led Combined Joint Task Force, the Peshmerga and Kurd forces have been destroying ISIS in both Iraq and Syria for years now. Let's hope Trump supports an autonomous Kurdistan.
edit on 18-12-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This isn't the mud pit, man. If you can't talk to me without insulting then gtfo.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If that happens I will deal with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

furthermore, who does half a job then leaves someone else to mop up when you are done?

Are you advocating nation building? My my my how the turn tables.... lol (reference from the office for those unaware)

But more seriously, we (US and Russia) were the demolition crew. We just need a rebuild crew as we aren't very good at it if recent history is any indicator.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ISIS has been defeated? So there will be no more ISIS attack anywhere?

If so then great job if not then stop this propaganda bull#.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

ISIS the organization has been defeated. ISIS the ideology will never be defeated.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

a reply to: Fools

You think? Trump seems terrified of the media. Why else would he need to constantly attack them?

Bull. You could use the same spin in reverse.

Trump is the only President I've ever seen trying to wage a propaganda war to discredit any media that disagrees with him. He is TERRIFIED of the media's power.

Again bull. He's the only one who gives it back in return. You or I would do the same when those reprobates dump on his wife, his kids, even his grandson.

Then add in the brownie points he wins with his supporters that see he hasn't changed one bit from the man they elected.

The left may scream it isn't 'Presidential'. It isn't....that's why we elected him and continue to support him.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Uhm, but the US hasn't defeated ISIS.

ISIS were defeated in Iraq by the Iraqi army with support from American and British forces.

If that’s what you think, you’ve obviously spent no time in the “sand box”, nor observed what American (and British) “support” consists of...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I am just curious does anyone know what exactly were Trump's policies or actions that supposedly won the war? The article doesn't state any. What exactly did Trump do differently? I did hear that he ordered far more drone strikes than Obama did, but didn't Trump criticize Obama for using drone strikes? Did he change his mind on that?

Well, if the war on ISIS has been won then that's great it has been ongoing for years. Most ISIS strongholds have been near collapse for the past couple years now I am just wondering what Trump did to cinch the victory.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

He stepped back, let his generals do the battle fighting and strategery. Like he said he would do during the campaign. Obama micromanaged the ME wars and skirmishes, according to his generals.

Here's when it all was actually put into motion:
www.military.com...
edit on 18-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So exactly what did the generals do differently from before? More drone strikes we already know was there anything else?

I am all for giving credit where credit is due so just what were the meritorious deeds that were done?

Dude your article says Trump ordered military leaders to give him a report in 30 days that outlines a new strategy for defeating ISIS.

You know that is pretty much expected of every president. Not really news IMO or any different from other presidents.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm not sure we know all of the nitty gritty details. I know they changed the ROE for our troops, ordered more drone strikes, sent in some specialty teams, made their income sources (oil an drugs) a priority for recapture or destruction, etc.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Msm and isis are anti-USA. Both should be punished appropriately.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Here are the results:
imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The only raid I remember being reported that Trump pushed for wound up being highly advised against and got team members killed, but Trump blamed it on Obama at the time so that shouldn't count right?

So pretty much business as usual from the Obama era or nothing really changed. Pressure was kept on which is good.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Here are the results:
imgur.com...

Cool pics. Shows the war was being won for years right?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You're surprised that the media only reported on a single failed raid?

So pretty much business as usual from the Obama era or nothing really changed.

No, not business as usual from the obama era. See the maps I posted. In 2016 ISIS lost some ground in the east but gained in the west. In 2017 they've lost almost every area they controlled.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes, obama made some progress. But nothing compared to what trump has done. I believe the stats were something like this: Jan 2015 to dec 2016 (two years) ISIS lost 35% of their territory. From Jan 2017 to now they've lost 95% of their controlled territory.

Obama was doing a mediocre job, dragging it out by hamstringing and micromanaging our efforts to help. Trump did in a year what would have taken obama three to five years.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well we already tore the nation down. If we don't do something then the terrorists will do something for us. If we want to refrain from nation building then we shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place. All I see now is a large problem that you guys are trying to pretend won't exist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join