It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Turns Transgender

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know I'm supposed to care...but I don't, not really.

Who is being hurt here?

This has had, will have, no effect on my normal day to day existence.

If this family, assuming for a moment this story is even true, is happy? Who am I to judge?

Society, as a whole, needs to mind its own business. Certainly many folks within it do.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: mobiusmale

The United States has finally lost its collective mind!

I agree but not because of this.

How this family chose to live their lives is up to them , who are they hurting ?
their minors (children)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey people, been a while since I came around, thought I would pop in and give my penny worth.

Some of you won't like it.

Any of you that remember me know that I am a pretty liberal person, however when it comes to this gender stuff I can't simply say let them get on with it, it isn't hurting anybody.

In truth I think it is, most of all the people who undergo the change, as I believe there is more than a chunk who actually are metally ill rather than accepting their true nature.

As a society if we pander to this how are we helping and it is getting worse with all these women who are in the process of "transition" that are having babies and we are expected to acknowledge this as "man goves birth."

No, man doesn't give birth, women do (unless you are a seahorse too), personally I am offended everythime this happens and it is beginning to happen a lot.

Sure, there may well a number of people who identify with the opposite sex to their physical traits, I can understand their brain wiring could reflect this, however I refuse to believe it is to the scale at which we are seeing, plus dysphoria last I checked was never a positive way to describe a persons state of mind.

As a society we need to be more cautious about accepting this as the norm, I'm saying trans should be outlawed but I do think we need to be more cautious as to accept it in the same way we accept gay relationships.

The whole if it isn't hurting anyone just deosn't ring true here, there are those amoungst them who have transitioned then wish to transition back, taking whatever family members and friends along the way on their rollercoaster of indecision, there is also something to be said for not expecting universal acceptance when psychological terms can be so easily applied and the number affected continues to creep up almost exponentially.

I'm sure my viewpoint will rub some the wrong way, I do have one additional notion when it comes to transgender....is it linked to re-incarnation? Are people experiencng issues with adapting to their gender in this life as they were a different gender in the one previous?

Something to think about to be sure, though going forward we do need to have a thinky about this...just how far do we allow people to indulge how they feel?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The United States has finally lost its collective mind!

I agree but not because of this.

How this family chose to live their lives is up to them , who are they hurting ?

They have no control over themselves, they are possessed.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Weird.

So, what happens when a 13 year old girl chooses to be a 30 year old man? Legalized drinking because. Feelings?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Chongun

Really?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well said. So many people are way too concerned with the sex lives and genders of complete strangers. If someone feels that they were born in the wrong body, why should someone else on the other side of the country be angry about it?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Abysha

gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis

Controversy exists as to if, and when, gender affirmative (GA) treatment should be offered to individuals with gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis. Concerns exist regarding a high risk of misdiagnosis, regret afterward due to impulsive decision making, and deterioration of psychotic symptoms.

Credentials:

Julia H. Meijer, MD, PhD,1 Guus M. Eeckhout, MD,2 Roy H.T. van Vlerken, MD,1 and Annelou L.C. de Vries, MD, PhD3

1Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

3Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Source

Gender Dysphoria and psychosis go hand in hand.

Did you even read that? It's not suggesting there are higher rates of comorbidity. It is analyzing the best way to treat people with psychosis who also happen to exhibit symptoms of gender dysphoria in order to lessen and prevent misdiagnosis.

Read it fine, it proves Gender Dysphoria and Psychosis go hand in hand.

Lol. I did read it. Quote where it says that.

Rub two of your braincells together after ingesting the content. A misdiagnosis would not be possible if the two conditions could not coexist. They do coexist.

Here is a study of three people where it happened,

Source

Oh my god, of course they can coexist! That's the point of the article. But you are suggesting they coexist at a higher rate than any two other conditions, which this article does not address at all.

The study is done for the same reason there would be a study about comorbidity between HIV and smoking since both have a correlation with white blood cell ratios and other factors. That study wouldn't suggest that smokers are more likely to get HIV. It's to prevent misdiagnosis.

No, the transsexual community and supporters act like it is natural and we shouldn't question it.

That what is natural? For two conditions to coexist?

Wanting the switcheroo of private parts.

There are plenty of lifeforms in Nature that "switcheroo" their private parts (like frogs, lobsters, and many fish), and others that replicate themselves, meaning they're either both "male" and "female" or they are neither (like earthworms and various types of vegetation). And other lifeforms can change their gender depending on simple things like temperatures or the ascension to the leadership of their colony.

So by definition, it is both normal & natural, especially for people who actually believe that God created Nature (because He'd be the one who made their genders, gender switching, dual genders, and non-genders in the first place). Humans are just learning about the basics of what makes life "life", so it's wildly premature for people to pretend that our ignorant ancestors understood this stuff.
edit on 16-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis

Controversy exists as to if, and when, gender affirmative (GA) treatment should be offered to individuals with gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis. Concerns exist regarding a high risk of misdiagnosis, regret afterward due to impulsive decision making, and deterioration of psychotic symptoms.

Credentials:

Julia H. Meijer, MD, PhD,1 Guus M. Eeckhout, MD,2 Roy H.T. van Vlerken, MD,1 and Annelou L.C. de Vries, MD, PhD3

1Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

3Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Source

Gender Dysphoria and psychosis go hand in hand.

Did you even read that? It's not suggesting there are higher rates of comorbidity. It is analyzing the best way to treat people with psychosis who also happen to exhibit symptoms of gender dysphoria in order to lessen and prevent misdiagnosis.

Read it fine, it proves Gender Dysphoria and Psychosis go hand in hand.

Lol. I did read it. Quote where it says that.

Rub two of your braincells together after ingesting the content. A misdiagnosis would not be possible if the two conditions could not coexist. They do coexist.

Here is a study of three people where it happened,

Source

Oh my god, of course they can coexist! That's the point of the article. But you are suggesting they coexist at a higher rate than any two other conditions, which this article does not address at all.

The study is done for the same reason there would be a study about comorbidity between HIV and smoking since both have a correlation with white blood cell ratios and other factors. That study wouldn't suggest that smokers are more likely to get HIV. It's to prevent misdiagnosis.

No, the transsexual community and supporters act like it is natural and we shouldn't question it.

That what is natural? For two conditions to coexist?

Wanting the switcheroo of private parts.

There are plenty of lifeforms in Nature that "switcheroo" their private parts (like frogs, lobsters, and many fish), and others that replicate themselves, meaning they're either both "male" and "female" or they are neither (like earthworms and various types of vegetation). And other lifeforms can change their gender depending on simple things like temperatures or the ascension to the leadership of their colony.

So by definition, it is both normal & natural, especially for people who actually believe that God created Nature (because He'd be the one who made their genders, gender switching, dual genders, and non-genders in the first place). Humans are just learning about the basics of what makes life "life", so it's wildly premature for people to pretend that our ignorant ancestors understood this stuff.

Those lower organisms have natural processes to accommodate the biology. We don't. The 23rd pair of chromosomes in every one of your cells identifies you as male or female. You can chop off parts and sew parts in but your chromosomes stay the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Hey, you were saying that wanting to "switcheroo private parts" was unnatural. I simply pointed out that not only is it natural (as is homosexuality), but it existed long before hominids were ever created/evolved.

Chromosomes are a semi-recent discovery to humans (less than 200 years), as is DNA (less than 70 years). This is part of what I meant by "Humans are just learning about the basics of what makes life 'life'." We still don't fully understand what they represent or their implications on life. There are even geneticists who are currently doing research to see if transgender people are indeed born with those traits (HERE's one such effort), so I think it's too early to claim that humans fully understand what's going on here.

Either way, I still don't think it matters. People are just nosy and want to control the lives of complete strangers. The people in the OP aren't harming anyone else, so the overly sensitive snowflakes who can't stand their gender identifications are the ones at fault here.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Hey, you were saying that wanting to "switcheroo private parts" was unnatural. I simply pointed out that not only is it natural (as is homosexuality), but it existed long before hominids were ever created/evolved.

Chromosomes are a semi-recent discovery to humans (less than 200 years), as is DNA (less than 70 years). This is part of what I meant by "Humans are just learning about the basics of what makes life 'life'." We still don't fully understand what they represent or their implications on life. There are even geneticists who are currently doing research to see if transgender people are indeed born with those traits (HERE's one such effort), so I think it's too early to claim that humans fully understand what's going on here.

Either way, I still don't think it matters. People are just nosy and want to control the lives of complete strangers. The people in the OP aren't harming anyone else, so the overly sensitive snowflakes who can't stand their gender identifications are the ones at fault here.

No, the chromosome number 23 is different in males from females and they are in every cell in your body. Unless they can change that then there is no gender swapping, it's just cosmetic hack jobs.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Somebody has not been able to figure out "correlation does not equate to causation". Derp.

With your logic, having migraines could be construed as a coexisting indicator of psychosis. Or gender dysphoria. Or cancer. Or, or, or. I get raging migraines myself, let's go nuts jumping to the false conclusions!

Actually those conditions are comorbid as are migraine and depression.

Let's not kid ourselves as migraine sufferers. Just because you and I may not have the other conditions personally does not mean there is not significant overlap.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Can't wait to see the movie, they could call it " Harry and the transgendersons ".

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, I am the last Romanov. (Anastasia reincarnate)

So if you know where all my riches are, drop me a pm.

TIA.

edit on 12 16 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It's Not Nice to Make Fun of the Mentally Ill .

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Women can't even have their tubes tied until a certain age.
And we're allowing children to take hormones to change their gender? As if taking gender altering hormones isn't
going to completely wreck the kids doing it?

Psychologists come up with disorders like defiant opposition disorder for kids who don't listen and others for people who eat healthy foods among a myriad of others but feeling like your in the wrong body then your gender is supposed to be this normal magical thing to be celebrated?

You people that support this are all being brainwashed, plain and simple.

And we're (at least the media) all supposed to be celebrating this whole trans nonsense as something positive.

Sorry if people can't see the forest for the trees but the inmates are running the asylum and there's an agenda at work whether you want to believe it or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Here's one.

Politician dis intellect reverse normalacy demented brain disorder.

Yeah. They should add that one.

Is there one for Billionaire Asshole Syndrome?
edit on 17-12-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster

. . . we're allowing children to take hormones to change their gender?

NO!

Hormone blockers only delay puberty and the physical changes it causes.

Postponed until legal adulthood, so any further decisions will be made as an adult.

Studies show there are no adverse effects to hormone blockers.

Ignorance never helps in a debate.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: canuckster

. . . we're allowing children to take hormones to change their gender?

NO!

Hormone blockers only delay puberty and the physical changes it causes.

Postponed until legal adulthood, so any further decisions will be made as an adult.

Studies show there are no adverse effects to hormone blockers.

Ignorance never helps in a debate.

That is one of the most bizarre statements and proof of mental illness one could ever hear.

How can one be an adult IF THEY HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH PUBERTY AND THE PHYSICAL CHANGES.

WHAT further decisions...

This transgenderness will not be fixed or solved by any of the current "treatments", noone is even sure of what is going on.

One thing that SHOULD be known and actually is..brain damage of all types is highly undiagnosed and needs to be looked into.

A second thing would be to refute the incredible thought that hormone blockers...HAVE NO ADVERSE EFFECT.

Time to round up these "scientists" a pathetic bunch that they are, and ask them why they lie so much.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I bet they are shopping for a TV show and some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anybody want to BET!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join