It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44,000 ‘unknown’ military personnel stationed around the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The U. S. military has more than 44,000 troops across the globe that the Pentagon claims it cannot track, according to a recent report.

“We are not at a point where we can give numbers other than those officially stated,” said Army Col. Rob Manning, a Pentagon spokesman.

The report — compiled by the Defense Manpower Data Center under the Office of the Secretary of Defense — shows more than 44,000 personnel in a category labeled “Unknown.”

“If you take the total numbers assigned in the United States and assigned overseas, and add the ‘Unknown,’ you get the total force numbers for each service.”

44,000 ‘unknown’ military personnel stationed around the world

The article itself goes on to state how numbers can be murky and shouldn't represent actual force deployments at any given time. It also says that there is no system in place to accurately track where DOD personnel because there is no easy way to track them. Which sounds a bit off doesn't it?

Nevertheless, the Pentagon argues that "accounting procedures" make it difficult to determine end strength and that the use of private contractors only further complicate the issue.

Now most of us have heard/read the conspiracy theories and strange stories over the years and can make all sorts of guesses as to where these people are.

So where are they ATS?

Is it just fluid numbers flowing around the world?

Are they even on this planet?
Solar Warden

Maybe they are inside it?
Hollow Earth

edit on 9-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
so how are these soldiers getting paid? id imagine that would be a pretty good way to track them. or do we have many people working for us that we just pay under the table somehow

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

They are in Antarctica fighting Nazi Yetis.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

What was that one guys name who claimed he was part of the Secret Space Program awhile back?

I ask because it was pointed out that his "pay level" didn't match his story, which I always thought was a convenient way to make sure no one involved could prove anything about their service to congress or the news media.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And some people trust the government with their tax dollars and medical future... DUH !!!

As Thescale said these people are getting paid so knowing where the money is going and to whom is not rocket science.. SICKENING Dumb*ss procedures and policies..unless....it really is a black op covert organization along with the normal governmental cover-up.. ?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Imagine that the US govt falls, or any other scenario that results in no more secret salaries being paid, and the collapse of black command structures.
Imagine all of the spooks, crawling out of the woodwork.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Maybe they are the private army of the Shadow Government. They most likely do not answer to the American People.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

What was that one guys name who claimed he was part of the Secret Space Program awhile back?

The U. S. military has more than 44,000 troops across the globe that the Pentagon claims it cannot track, according to a recent report.

Not off the globe.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

If i wouldve known earlier i would have enlisted
edit on 9-12-2017 by dashen because: dangit

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They never stated which globe they were spread across Phage, so unless I am mistaken wouldn't any planet be a globe?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Indeed.
It could be that it's harder to keep track of Mars troops than those on Earth.

But I would suspect the opposite.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oddly specific number and my first thought was that they are probably off world. They could also be used in guarding D.U.M.B.S. without people noticing. Plausable deniability if something happens could be one of the reasons to keep it off books.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Hey, Yetis are not Nazis. Just because they live in Antarctica does not mean they are polarized.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Nothin

Maybe they are the private army of the Shadow Government. They most likely do not answer to the American People.

There always seems to be more we don't know, than we think we know.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Hey, Yetis are not Nazis. Just because they live in Antarctica does not mean they are polarized.

Yetis live in Tibet.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It could probably more than 44,000.

My greatest concern is unlike many ordinary US soldiers, they are probably more likely to shoot US citizens. It's possible to be part of this secret club, soldiers with "certain qualities" are chosen.
edit on 12/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yetis live in Tibet.
You've never heard of Aryan Yetis?

Hitler’s secret Yeti hunt: Nazis ‘thought Bigfoot was missing link to Aryan race’

link to Article

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

borne

For whatever reason Pav I hope you're right. There's
nothing worse than a big hairy wise guy with an MP15.
Especially with an extra pair of socks..."At least it ain't
Bastogne." Shifty Powers, 101 Airborne

44k troops with no tags or other methods to trace them?
It sounds like Nixon on steroids, God Help Us.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well sure, with just 44000 people on Mars they should be really easy to track.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: TheScale

I ask because it was pointed out that his "pay level" didn't match his story, which I always thought was a convenient way to make sure no one involved could prove anything about their service to congress or the news media.

Didn't a really famous hacker say he saw rosters of ships in the USSC? United States Space Command. I forget his name, on the tip of my tongue. Wasn't 40,000 though. That's Starfleet numbers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join