It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippine government to sue Sanofi over dengue vaccine fiasco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
On one side of this coin I hate to hear the vaccine is causing deaths and bad side effects. On the other side though I hope they sue them for enough to get their attention so that this kind of stuff does not happen again. Dengue fever is not something to take lightly as every year people die regardless of the age.. It is carried by mosquitoes and transmitted by their bite. Even healthy people seem to have a touch and go time at hospital UNTIL CURED OR DEAD..

The Department of Health of the Philippines will file charges against and demand refund from French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur, the maker of the world’s first dengue vaccine, Dengvaxia, The Manila Times Online reported on Friday (Dec 8).

Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd said on Thursday they will sue Sanofi over the deaths and illness allegedly caused to mostly children who were inoculated with the vaccine against dengue fever.

The company earlier warned that the vaccine might cause severe dengue on those without prior infection.

englishnews.thaipbs.or.th...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons we must have vaccine choice. There are always risks associated with any vaccine and it must be up to the individual if they are willing to accept the risk or not.

Often times the efficacy of the vaccines simply isn't worth the the side effects. I am not against vaccines, but it is up to the person what they put in their body not Government.

Hopefully you are right and they get enough money to keep this from happening in the future. At least they appear to have the freedom to sue in their country. Something we do not have in America the 'land of the free'.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i hadn't heard about this. but i guess this is why the other night the evening news was saying people should not get the Dengue vaccine.

what i find interesting is that they are saying it is effective for those who have previously suffered from Dengue. while it can make the sickness worse for those who have not had Dengue. helps those who have had it before, but can make it even worse for those who have not had it? seems rather strange for a vaccine. and Dengue is rather nasty. there is no real cure or medicine to treat it. from what i have heard from those who have or their children have gotten it, is all they can really do is hook the person up to an IV and pray they can fight it and get better. so the possibility of this vaccine making things worse is very bad. and of course the cost of the hospital stay and treatment can literally destroy families financially. i know one family that had to sell off all of their means of earning a living to pay for their child's hospital stay from Dengue several years ago.

“Dengvaxia provides persistent protective benefits against dengue fever in those who had prior infection. For those not previously infected by dengue virus, however…more cases of severe disease could occur following vaccination upon a subsequent dengue infection,”
news.abs-cbn.com...

and the number of just 9 year olds vaccinated, just under the government program alone number almost 1/2 MILLION. plus who knows how many others from private medical sources, since it was recommended for those 9 years old to 45 years old. and to top it off they seem to be saying the risk will be life long. i certainly hope that the government forces the vaccination company to pay for all those treated for any and all hospital and any other related costs, like funeral expenses and future loss of income/wrongful death suits for those that die. for all those given the vaccination due to Dengue, or other problems caused by this vaccination.

A total of 491,990 9-year-old students were vaccinated in the first phase, under then Health Secretary Janette Garin.
Of that number, 415,681 turned up for the second phase, which by then was implemented by Garin’s successor, Secretary Paulyn Ubial.
Data is still being collated to determine how many school children completed the third and final round of vaccinations
None of the children were ever tested to determine if they had been previously infected with the dengue virus.

“It means some of them will develop severe dengue, we don’t know who,” said Independent Health Advocate Dr. Anthony Leachon. 
“All of them will have to live with this possibility for the rest of their lives.”

and since they were following World Health Organisation guidelines, WHO shares responsibility for this as well. and should equally be held responsible for it. WHO is completely unreliable and clueless for disease vaccinations. years ago my parents got the WHO recommended vaccination for Malaria (for the Philippines), before coming to the Philippines. only to find out after they got to the Philippines, that that Malaria vaccine was completely useless for the Malaria in the Philippines.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me at all.
The Lyme vaccine in the US was taken off the market because it caused Lyme! So yeah!
It's still available for dogs, but that just makes me wonder if that's safe!

My friend's sister got the Lyme shot because she spends a lot of time in the woods hiking & hunting. Wanted to make sure she didn't get Lyme, which is reaching epidemic proportions in our area. As soon as she got the shot she started getting sick! It took awhile for them to say that she had Lyme. They said she had the shot, she couldn't have Lyme! So it was awhile before they would treat her for it. So still to this day she has trouble from it! And she had to pay $1,000 to get the vaccine because her insurance wouldn't pay for it! The irony! So yeah!

I developed Guillain-Barre about ten years ago.
I was paralyzed from the neck down. The first question that the neurologist asked me, was if I had had the 1976 flu shot! Apparently it's known for causing GB! Even that many years later?! I hadn't had it, but I do remember the headlines in the newspaper that year, saying that 26 people had died & the flu shot was implicated! So yeah!

The vaccine schedule now for our grandkids, is at least three or four times the amount that our kids had! And now they are mandatory. Only a few were for our kids. And it's not just one every couple of months. Sometimes three at a time! And multiple boosters! Totally irresponsible!

The worst is newborns while still in the hospital, having to have a Hepatitis B shot! If the mother doesn't have it, why would a newborn with an undeveloped immune system be given that!!!
And more mothers than not, don't nurse anymore. So the babies aren't getting immunity from their mothers! So yeah!

I am really scared for this generation! The way auto immune diseases are increasing now, I'm afraid that it's going to get much worse!
And the increase in the amount of depression lately, especially in the young ones? Could it have something to do with the aluminum & other preservatives in vaccines building up in the brain?

And what about the increase in Alzheimer's? Same thing? That generation didn't get baby shots, but what about the flu, shingle & pneumonia shots that they push on middle aged people?

They don't known the long term effects yet. Or what multiple vaccines at the same time could lead to. We are nothing more than human guinea pigs! It's all about greed!

Can you tell what side of that fence I'm on?
I have nothing against 'necessary' life saving ones.
I had the small pox one. They don't give that anymore. Supposedly it's eradicated. Is it because of the vaccine, or did it just run it's course?
And I had the oral polio chaser. You don't hear about polio anymore either, but they still give it.

Today more people than ever, have had either the more common shots, or the diseases themselves. But measles etc. are still around. Kids have even gotten measles that have been vaccinated. Why? If it works, why do we still have it?

So yeah.
WOQ

edit on 9-12-2017 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is everything you need to know about vaccines. It's a koan (look it up).

If you have the antibodies without having the vaccine for x, you are sick, even if you are not sick.

If you have the antibodies AFTER having had the vaccine for x, you are not only not sick, you are on the road to immunity.

If you can work that koan out, you will learn something remarkable about the true reason for the vaccines (hint, it is not money...).

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My father in law got guillain barre from the flu shot. He became disabled for life and has since passed away. When my daughters were born, I refused to get them the flu shot as I saw first hand what it did to my FIL. Doctors said I was crazy etc. I am not an anti vaxer, this is just for the flu shot. Fast forward 17 years, doctors now have it in my kids medical records as there may be a genetic issue with some people and guillain barre / Flu shots. They don't think it is hereditary but can't guarantee it isn't. Point is, they just aren't sure. Just imagine, in less than 20 years I went from being called crazy to be called prudent.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I knew a woman who got guillain barre who swore it was from the flu shot... She was in a wheel chair for over a year before her symptoms improved.. Within two years she was almost normal as far as strength and being able to walk.. sorry to hear about your father...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

On one side of this coin I hate to hear the vaccine is causing deaths and bad side effects. On the other side though I hope they sue them for enough to get their attention so that this kind of stuff does not happen again.
Did the government ignore the warnings? Did those who inoculated the children?

RTFM

edit on 12/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

join