It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House rejects Trump impeachment resolution after Dem Rep. Al Green forces vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

lawmakers immediately voted to effectively kill his resolution, with 364 voting to table it and 58 Democrats voting to move ahead.

Source

Well that didn't go well did it, lol.

I thought all the Dems were on the same page in hating Trump, they could only get 58 votes......something is off with this reality of votes and what is portrayed by the Dem Party in the MSM.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

totally

The symbolic vote had been expected to fail in the Republican-controlled House. It put some lawmakers in competitive districts in a tough spot by forcing them on the record about impeachment.
Lawmakers did not actually vote on the actual articles of impeachment, but on a procedural measure that would have led to a vote on them.

your source

were you super stoked when you started this thread?
edit on 6-12-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
To be expected, next.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yea that was hail mary at best...and generally a bad call that probably did more to goose Green's visibility than anything else....

Also, check out the bonnie and clyde link at the top of the source article. Bonnie was a hottie.

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

lawmakers immediately voted to effectively kill his resolution, with 364 voting to table it and 58 Democrats voting to move ahead.

Source

Well that didn't go well did it, lol.

I thought all the Dems were on the same page in hating Trump, they could only get 58 votes......something is off with this reality of votes and what is portrayed by the Dem Party in the MSM.

I think it has more to do with the fact even if it passed the House the Senate would never convict. Also some Democrats are aware that political retribution, IE we hate that Trump won and want to remove him because of that, opens the door to the same idiotic childish behavior should a Democrat become President.

We need a constitutional amendment that better defines the impeachment process and what high crimes and misdemeanors are in this realm. Leaving that question to the interpretation of individual members of Congress and not law is a recipe for disaster.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
To be expected, next.

youre exactly right.
exactly as expected. just like the article says

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

*You're

Capitalize the "E" in "Exactly".

...was there seriously a need to point that out? No, hence, nobody cares.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

*You're

ahahahaha.
owned me.
there was a point but you didnt get it.
its cool.

how many errors in that^^^btw?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Gotta love those "investigations". They somehow never find anything on anybody.

The higher the level the more guarantee the secret wicked state is going to cover its tracks.

Oh and by now, y'all been conditioned to turn the channel whenever they announce they are going to investigate so and so for this and that allegation.

Who cares anyway, right?

edit on 6-12-2017 by intrptr because: Oh and by now,

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This was just a warm up, they'll try again with the same result.

Impeachment does not mean removal from office, I keep seeing this hope

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So much for the swamp wanting to get rid of Trump. Maybe Trump is actually one of them after all, a wolf in sheep's clothing if you will.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Glad I "owned" you, tough lessons of the net, go get'em slugger!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As I stated in the other thread about this:

I think somebody should look into Al Green there. I'm not sure about the other 57 that wanted to vote for impeachment, but Green has been pushing for this since day 1 of the Trump Administration (or was it day 2 I can't remember). It really seems that he has been trying to do this since trump announced that he was going to "Drain the Swamp".

Sure he could be doing this just because his side lost an election, but he really doesn't seem to be doing all this "just for that". I could be wrong though, but given all the scum that's been rising to the surface lately it might be worth the trip down his record (hidden and public).

Again I'm wondering about why would Green do this while investigations are taking place. If it's to shine a light on him, it was a bad idea since it seems to have backfired. On the other hand if he is trying to distract everyone from the Franken thing then he may have succeeded. I think (and so far this is just me thinking this) that since green started this "Impeachment" talk a while ago, that Green may be trying to hide something. Again this is just my perceptions based on how other people will try this same type of behaviors when trying to hide something.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Only 58 votes from the Democrats? So, apparently, there are quite a few Democrats in the House (thank God) who aren't as stupidly partisan as the Democrat leadership... Or the GOP leadership, either. That's actually cause for celebration...

Or maybe they don't think quite as many people are unhappy with Trump as is, well, Trumpeted... Maybe?

So, maybe, just maybe, they ought to do what they should have been doing in the f'n first damned place...concentrate on taking back one of the Houses of Congress, during the midterms, which are next year.

The Democrats need to wake up and smell the damned coffee, Trump isn't going anywhere. Not 'til he's beaten for re-election, or his term runs out.

Get Congress, or half of it, back. Is it really that hard to figure out??

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

When emotions run high, you don't think clearly. This was a political and ideological defeat for Dems.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So the vast majority of the Democrat reps just certified with an official vote that most of their rhetoric against Trump is false. If they really believed most of the nonsense they spout, they would have voted yes to impeach him. This is proof positive all you #resist lemmings are being led by your tongue. They just verified, on official record, that they're lying to you for votes and donations.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

*You're

ahahahaha.
owned me.
there was a point but you didnt get it.
its cool.

how many errors in that^^^btw?

Well, there's Capitalization, sentence fragments, text language.

Who's counting ?

That's three.

😳

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh yes.

The ongoing DNC Ostracism Epic.

It seems they're absolutely convinced we're all living in Ancient Greece.

Greek Ostracism

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes, it is.

Which is unfortunate. The worrisome aspect, at least to me, is that the Democrats, barring utter and complete stupidity on the part of the GOP, could lose even more seats in Congress come next years mid-terms.

I'm not a big fan of one party being in control of not only Congress, but the White House. That sort of thing gets us the ACA, and 3 plus trillion dollars of added debt in essentially a stroke of a pen.

I'm a Democrat, and this annoys the Hell out of me. There were no grounds, not one single grain of evidence, that could even remotely lead to impeachment. My party just made themselves look like, well, jackasses--or donkeys.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh yes.

The ongoing DNC Ostracism Epic.

It seems they're absolutely convinced we're all living in Ancient Greece.

Greek Ostracism

Which is another reason why what's happening in the US almost parallels what happened in Athens after the rise of Democracy. After a while (decades) the Political Elite ended up usurping the will of the people, in favor of their own wills. This ended up causing unnecessary wars, meaningless laws, and cultural divisions amongst the Greek speaking people. The average citizen was allowed to give lip service to the Political Elites believing that they would do their duties without the verifications of them really doing a thing.

I hope it turns out better for us, but everyday it seems less and less likely.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join