It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy! premieres tonight on SyFy. Don't miss it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).

Get your fix of dark comedy....it's gonna be big!

Honestly I ain't ashamed to admit I've had a bit of a man-crush on Chris since HBO's Oz, and while his turn on SVU was more depressing than entertaining I am totally tuning in to see him return to his roots as a darker and far more interesting character actor than most people have the balls to play in this hyper sensitive age.

And really, much love to SyFy for keeping up the quality of their shows over the past couple years....with the Expanse, the Magicians and now this...I almost wish I paid for cable!

So cmon everyone....get Happy!
edit on 6-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Graphic-- I mean edited for tv. Is there a plot?

Cartoon characters, guns, drugs and PG rated violence... yaaay

I liked Frank the wabbit in Donnie Darko better than whatever Looney Tune character Happy is supposed to portray.

But alas, I'm suckered, will give episode one about five minutes before reaching for the clicker.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Had me at soulless sex.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Pg rated? I think maybe you haven't been watching SyFy lately....the Magicians especially was pretty dark and graphic. That demon rape scene was one of the heavier things ive seen on cable tv in awhile.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Patton Oswalt).

Get your fix of dark comedy....it's gonna be big!

Honestly I ain't ashamed to admit I've had a bit of a man-crush on Chris since HBO's Oz, and while his turn on SVU was more depressing than entertaining I am totally tuning in to see him return to his roots as a darker and far more interesting character actor than most people have the balls to play in this hyper sensitive age.

And really, much love to SyFy for keeping up the quality of their shows over the past couple years....with the Expanse, the Magicians and now this...I almost wish I paid for cable!

So cmon everyone....get Happy!

I KNEW there was a reason I subscribed to SlingTV with the SyFy channel! This looks awesome! LOL "In thin slices...like salami"

Many thanks for the heads up!!

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Is sling worth it? I've seen the promos but never really dug into it.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I think it is worth it. About 5 years ago, I dropped cable/dish completely. went for most of that time with just netflix and hulu (for a while, just under $20 bucks a month as opposed to $120...no brainer to me...).

Afew months ago I got a Roku. I think maybe the best $30 bucks i've ever spent! Never had heard of SlingTV before. Got a week free trial and was hooked! Remembered some of the shows I used to watch, as well as some channels. I typically watch the food networks, SyFy, and TRUtv (Impractical Jokers is one of my favorite shows!!) Oh and that new A&E show LivePD...Cops 2.0...

Almost all channels have some sort of "on demand" programming...some more than others...

For instance: SyFy has on demand "Blood Drive"!

And TNT has on demand "The Last Ship"

For me, this is $25 bucks well spent

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: intrptr

Pg rated? I think maybe you haven't been watching SyFy lately....the Magicians especially was pretty dark and graphic. That demon rape scene was one of the heavier things ive seen on cable tv in awhile.

They lost me at the intro when he blew his brains out. I was Happy to miss it.
Last night I watched some nature show stuff. Real predation, blood, rape, infanticide, where it belongs.

Sorry to trounce on TV drama, not my thang.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Sick.
Dark.
Disturbing.
Violent.
Twisted.

I loved it!

top topics

join