It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hexagon In The Hexagon - France's New Military HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As you maybe aware of France is often referred to as "le hexagone" by the French. And now they have their own "Pentagon" the Hexagone Balard. Let's have a look, shall we?

The French's idea of their country's shape:

And here it is France's all new military Hexagon. Impressive, eh?

Kidding, that is the women's prison of Rennes. It was built from 1863 to 1875. But it serves as a good illustration because the 1860s is when French schoolteachers, the so called "hussards noirs" started teaching schoolchildren to think of France as a Hexagon. What better way to get your point across what you think of the people's place in society than to build a prison in the same shape. Ha, way ahead of prison planet, amirite?

But now without further ado messieurs, dames, I give you le Balardgone as some like to call it. That doesn't sound very fortunate in english, does it?

It is based in Paris. Work started in 2012 and it was inaugurated two years ago in November 2015. So how does it compare to the pentagon? Let's start with a visual scale comparison:

a $4.5 billion project that has long been billed as France’s answer to the Pentagon. For the first time, more than 9,000 personnel from the French Army, Navy, and Air Force have abandoned a dozen scattered offices in charming 18th-century mansions in Paris and nearby suburbs to unite under one roof.

The complex includes three day care centers, the largest solar-paneled roof in Paris, a gym, a hair salon, 12 gardens, two cafeterias, an auditorium, and a $32 million pool.
France’s New Defense Building, Inspired by the Pentagon, Is … a Hexagon

What? It's not really Paris if there is no Tour Eiffel? Here ya go:

Let's crunch some numbers (Pent vs Hex):

The Pentagon is one of the world's largest office buildings, with about 6,500,000 sq ft (600,000 m2), of which 3,700,000 sq ft (340,000 m2) are used as offices. Approximately 23,000 military and civilian employees and about 3,000 non-defense support personnel work in the Pentagon. It has five sides, five floors above ground, two basement levels, and five ring corridors per floor with a total of 17.5 mi (28.2 km) of corridors.

Wikipedia

Hexagone Balard: 13.5 hectares ( 1,453,128 sq ft) of surface with 420,000 m2 (4,520,842 sq ft) of office space for about 9,300 military and civilian employees.

That seems a lot of space by comparison! Is this maybe also intended as head quarters for a European Union army in the future? Or is the French deep state planning to go imperial again? Well, I didn't see anything on the Hexagone Balard here on ATS, so I hope you find this interesting
edit on 26-11-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That first picture of the new building is really messing with my brain. M.C. Escher design that thing?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex I had no idea about this building being built. Really cool building and I love the design. On the EU Army side of things, I agree that that is really big for just the French Army. But I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Active military personnel

US 1,429,995
EU 1,423,097

and France alone: 207,000

2.5 as many people in Pentagon as in Hexagon. But Office space in Hexagon more than 1.2 times the Pentagon's. EU and US active military by numbers: same size. US vs France almost seven times in numbers.

Hmmmmmh...
edit on 26-11-2017 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex I think there is something going on here we are not being told. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Nice thread!

In the comparison pic, does anyone else see the Owl or an animal with legs?

P

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I see a horned skull with a body that actually reminds me of a dragon. I also see an incredibly confused and ugly building that could only be there power project if some rich kids architecture "degree." (Degree as in Lori Lougglin bought it situation )

top topics

join