It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Time Travel be Revealed in the Year 2028?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Even Dr Who never travelled through time. When he steps into the Tardis it is now and when he steps out it is now.
There is no time to travel through. There is only ever now appearing.

Time is a lie!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”
Dr Who.

All instances of existence, are all now.

There is no now. Everything is past and future.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ah, yes, 'time'..

Even as a child I was totally confused by the concept of time. I recall asking questions that I struggled with even as a six year old, questions that nobody could answer. Proving perhaps that a fool can ask more then all wise men can answer

"Mom, how long, exactly, does 'now' last"? - hinting at the next question: how can you measure that, it seems to require meta-time.. or, more philosophical, "Dad, say that God exists, does he have the same 'time' we have, or is it literally true that 'one year is like a day to him'? (hinting at God's missing granularity, perhaps that's why it takes some time before your prayers are answered..) or "say that God stops time on our level (he's omnipotent they told me, so he can) .. would we notice?" (I didn't think so at the time, perhaps he did so a kazillion times already, but hey, I did not notice). And more fascinating: if he can't stop time - we humans seem to create it by doing 'observation' - how can he be omnipotent? Omnipotence is, like 'time', also mystery to me. A bit tongue-in-cheek question, but related, and one that always scares the bejeezus out of Jehova Witnesses, whom ring my bell and ask if I believe in an omnipotent God: "If an omnipotent God exists, can he make a stone so heavy he can't lift it?" (which is actually time related, as yes, he can make a stone NOW he can't lift NOW, but can lift it LATER).

Anyway. I believe time travel is done by all of us, continuously. Going 'back' is impossible, but we can create timelines that have the 'look and feel' of yesteryears, probably employing VR. If there is a 'time memory' somewhere in a realm we don't understand yet, and we can 'tap' it, we may be able to use that to recreate a certain place on a certain time that allows people to VIRTUALLY travel 'back' into time. But timelines would not revert, timetravelers would have a continuous timeline since their birth. But they would be witnessing (or perhaps even be part of) a RECREATED period of time, not actually that period itself as it has long 'gone' .

Even such mere VR time travel would have interesting implications, of course: that still would enable you to witness the murder of a person and see 'who dunnit', and arrest him. His or her rebuttal would probably be that the VR system has been hacked and that he is innocent. But alas, we still don't have found the realm in which all events are recorded that ever happened, let alone how to 'tap' it. Perhaps our universe is splitting up in multiverses at the speed of one per length-of-now which all freeze at that moment so we can later inspect them, but then the questions remains how to tap them and inspect them - and hold on, aren't we changing them then? O, dear.

When I decided to check out ATS and write this reply, I actively choose for the continuation of a timeline, hence making ALL infinite other options impossible. I must have passed an infinite number of 'nows' since then..

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Even Dr Who never travelled through time. When he steps into the Tardis it is now and when he steps out it is now.

Time is a lie!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”
Dr Who.

Yes - 'things' can only exist in the past and future stories that the mind tell. When does the mind tell stories? Now!!
Edit:
All that is, is present. But words make believe that there is some 'thing' other. The present configuration cannot be spoken about, it is ungraspable with words - so the mind has to divide 'what is' into 'before and after'.
edit on 24-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is the presence of the lord - always.
But the mind speaks and invents some 'thing' outside presence and scares itself - any thing can happen in imagination - but what is really happening seems to be missed.
Jesus was said to heal the deaf and blind - he who has ears hear, he who has eyes see!!

If there was no thought of other than what there is - no concepts - what would there actually be?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think if time travel is ever invented, it will NEVER be revealed to the public. Otherwise we would have too many lottery winners

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Given our imaginations are true. It could be. There might be no time travel. But there could be time dilation.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is it not the case that if one was to travel away from earth at a vast speed and then return at a vast speed that upon return the time on ones wrist watch would be different from those wrist watches that remained on earth?

If this is the case then you have the answer and its only the mechanism for traversing time either way that is required to make it possible.

I would also question premis that one wouldn't be able to traverse back in time beyond the date time travel was created!

If something has already happened then it exists/existed and is possibly recorded in the fabric of the universe (tapping into that fabric may be the answer) and anything that is recorded can be replayed. The key is how do you enter the replay!

30 years from now we will be joking about how we thought time travel was impossible. And it may already be a joke in our future which may have already occurred which means we actually are existing in the past thus time travel is a fundamental factor of the fabric of the universe!
edit on 24-11-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

How does the "Conservation of Matter" work into this? If I went back in time, where does my matter go, where does it come from?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm not an expert but I would imagine an immense amount of power would be needed to rip through the fabric of space and time and I'm not sure that power existed in the 70's.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I like this. Not really time travel, but relative time differences between you and the everyone else. I think someone mentioned time dilation. You would not have traveled into the future per se...everyone's present would have gone on without you. Not sure how that would work going backward.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Time is a lie!

You sir are obviously not a Dr Who fan. The time lords created the time vortex which links every point in space and time. With the doctor there is never truly a now. But this is difficult for even the doctor to explain but maybe the new doctor can help. Since she will have a unique look on life.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Where ever you are it is now. So where ever/when ever Dr Who is, for him, it is now.
No one can escape now.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Where ever you are it is now. So where ever/when ever Dr Who is, for him, it is now.
No one can escape now.

Now is the illusion. Even the universe cant decide what is now.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Even the universe cant decide what is now.

Well - when it does..............it will be now.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This needs a theme song...

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Time is a lie!

Dr Who.

Yes - 'things' can only exist in the past and future stories that the mind tell. When does the mind tell stories? Now!!
Edit:
All that is, is present. But words make believe that there is some 'thing' other. The present configuration cannot be spoken about, it is ungraspable with words - so the mind has to divide 'what is' into 'before and after'.
Define present. It’s gone before you can.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Define present. It’s gone before you can.

It is never gone. All the while the defining is happening it is never not now.
Nothing can appear outside now - but words say there is an outside to now but those words appear and disappear now.

'Outside of now' is only a story - a dream of separation. It makes one believe that one 'has' a life.

Of course now will be denied because if it is seen - you (as a separate person) will die. There never was a separate person - so nothing really dies. No thing was ever born - so no thing will ever die.

Isn't that the good news that no one ever hears?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

First vid: The guy sounds very sincere in his speech but there's no way to tell for sure.

2nd vid is bs because the guy says that people are sent back to prevent terrorist attacks? Well, how come they still happen? I stopped that one after 2 mins 30 secs.

I gave up on the others after watching 30 secs of vid 3

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've always wondered about "time traveling in the future", sad to say, there is no proof that is can possibly exist, for we as humans have only one life span here on Earth.

Time traveling into the future is easy (well, okay, not easy, but POSSIBLE), and we've already done it on small scales. All you have to do is travel at highly relativistic speeds to make a meaningful jump into the future of the reference frame here on Earth.

Time travel into the past ..... that's the one that might be impossible.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yet another post with a question in the thread title to which the obvious answer is "No".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join