It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Pressure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Been thinking about this for a long time. And this is kind of inspired by a post I got on my last food and cooking thread.

But I finally got myself a pressure cooker! It can also be used as a slow cooker, but not sure I have the patience for something like that. I want my food nuked and ready as soon as possible.

I have a couple recipes in mind that I want to try. Really, the reason I wanted a pressure cooker in the first place was to finally have some good beef bourguinon for a change. It's funny how all my cooking experiences lead me to make a decent dish that local restaurants just can't do for me.

In fact, I got interested in cooking because no one ever really cooked for me growing up. If I wanted a decent meal, I had to make it myself; so I am
self-taught and basically refuse to look in cookbooks.

I am more of a trailer trash gourmet who likes to experiment with what's on hand. Trial and error have given me my skills.

So naturally I was interested in the pressure cooker...just toss stuff in and see what comes out...this is my kind of style!

It wouldn't hurt to get some recipes from people who use them though. What do you have for me to try?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I can suggest Osso Bucco. Get some veal shanks, bay leaf and mixed herbs. Water, teaspoon of salt or more to taste. Vegies of choice but I like medium sized whole potatoes, some carrots, 1 small chopped chilli, cauliflower and broadbeans. In the pot they go mix and stir. Give it 2 hours at a low heat when boiling occurs.

Make a favourite gravy mix, when pot is opened pour mix in and blend with the meal.

Nice with red wine.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I like to cook artichokes in mine. It takes 15 minutes for a large artichoke. We grow them in our garden

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I just recently got one. It's a kind of magic I'm sure. I put a pork picnic in mine and an hour and a half later had a roast that was falling off the bone in what would normally take twelve hours in a slow oven. 275°.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You can make beef stew in literally minutes.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Lucky you.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
You can make beef stew in literally minutes.

I wouldn't call that stew anymore. I know you can do it in a pressure cooker but imo that takes away everything of what a traditional stew is.
Stewing is a cooking technique where ingredients are cooked for a long time at a relatively low temperature in a liquid, wine, broth, water,...
Just happened I made one today, traditional beef stew with some dark beer. Cooking time 2-3 hours, finger licking good stuff.

Take that you pressure cook

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

+1 on the artichokes! Don't forget the garlic

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

top topics

join