It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Tony Podesta Been Arrested?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It wasn't just him stepping down, the entire firm dissipated like a fart in a whirlwind:

Fritts is starting her own firm and intends to bring many of the firm’s top lobbyists with her, according to seven Podesta Group staffers, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the situation candidly. But less than two weeks after Podesta stepped down as chairman, the firm he founded 30 years ago may soon shut its doors, with staffers unsure if they’ll be paid after next week.

“The firm as it existed is essentially over,” one Podesta Group staffer said. “The vast majority of people are going their own way.”

Politico

If this were merely in response to a minor infraction, the firm would have retained its viability as a lobbying group. Instead we have rats fleeing a sinking (sunken?) ship.

Fritts, who has worked with Podesta for more than 20 years, was expected to launch a spinoff of the Podesta Group. However, the longtime Podesta confidante instead launched her own firm, which signed its first ten clients on Sunday.

Cogent Strategies was retained by the Business Roundtable, Enterprise Holdings, Gramercy Funds Management, Independent Film and Television Alliance, One Concern, Inc., Pearl Mobile DTV Company LLC, Shaw Industries Group, South Carolina Ports Authority, SPIE – the international society for optics and photonics, and The Optical Society, disclosures show.

All ten clients were previously signed with the Podesta Group.

Freebeacon

How are things in your little snowglobe of delusion?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I'll save her a minute of her life and answer on her behalf:

This is a nothing burger. Russia Russia Russia.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Tony is 74. Not too far fetched to think he said "eff this I'm outta here".

In the popularity game that is politics it isn't odd that others would distance themselves instead of trying to carry the same banner.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

He was the founder. The plan to close was implemented two months ago when the Manafort indictment was made public. He didn't want to get his foundation tied up in the whole mess which is not good for anyone being associated with. Why bog down associates that were only doing a job? The P.R. alone would damage their ability to lobby in this atmosphere.
I'm not aware of any other things Mueller is looking at Podesta for except the FARA act charges which as I pointed out and as Manafort supporters have asserted is a minor issue that is seldom prosecuted.
What supposedly would he be getting indicted for?
edit on 172018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You just can't help yourself I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: purplemer

Yes, because reporters always don't report news when they get it. They hold this but fill the airways with that fake news.
How does this crazy fit in anyone's head?

Real news they don't report...because ..?
Fake news they publish...
If Podesta had been arrested it would be front page headlines and on every cable news programs from CNN to Fox.

🌎 here, ...come back ...

POTUS does have power to blackout news stories. Its often done in wartime/nat'l security. That's under threat of imprisonment so Yes journalists almost always comply.
edit on 9-1-2018 by rry6961 because: Added last sentence

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Their reputation is crap amongst those that think Infowars and yournewswire are reputable sources, so there's that....

edit on 9/1/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rry6961

Would trump pass up the opportunity to have this in the news cycle of it were true?
And news that may threaten national security may be withheld but no the president does not have the authority to black out news if he wants. The whole first amendment thing I'm sure you've heard of.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join