It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A woman says GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 14. Leigh Corfman, now 53, told The Washington Post in an article published Thursday that Moore, then a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, took off her shirt and removed his clothes in the 1979 incident. He touched her over her bra and led the child’s hands to touch him over his underwear, she said. HuffPo

Another sad story about abuse of power. Does this taint the religious right? No.

Can we agree that the politics of a molester have nothing to do with the crime? I'm open to that (while the irony doesn't escape me)
edit on 9-11-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

If true fry the scumbag.

However, You got to wonder why all the recent new accusations? Is rape and sexual misconduct the new racist card?

It appears that the racist card has lost its effectiveness as a form of intimidation, are they now going to use the rape and sexual misconduct card as the new racist card to intimidate people?

It just crazy how the flood gates have opened on something that has existed for such a long time.

edit on 581130America/ChicagoThu, 09 Nov 2017 12:58:59 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How old is the accuser now? Does anyone else remember anything unusual about the situation if they did have personal contact of any sort? What is her background? Will she come to any gain by pursuing this claim? Is there any real evidence other than the claim?

These are the questions everyone should ask in these situations. Especially if there is denial of the situation. For instance, in Harvry Weinstein, Weiner, and others recently - there has been evidence brought against them that seems indisputable. In this case, not so much more than she said he said.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Right.............

I believe this one as much as the bimbo eruptions used to taint Herman Cain who would have removed race card and sympathy vote from Obama - gee whatever happened to those woman - take money and dissappear - these games are getting old.

A 32 Y.O. takes 14 Y.O. off very public town square bench and molests.

I have swampland for sale if you believe this story.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think someone just pipped you on this story...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

A 32 Y.O. takes 14 Y.O. off very public town square bench and molests.

I have swampland for sale if you believe this story.

That's not at all what the story said happened, and you know that.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

38 years of silence + WaPo being the originating "news" report = highly suspect of being "news" of the bull# variety. The Dems try this periodically, they tried it with Clarence Thomas, they tried it with Herman Cain, they tried it with Trump... false accusations presented with zero proof in elections or political nominations they've literally got nothing else to fight against.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

38 years of silence + WaPo being the originating "news" report = highly suspect of being "news" of the bull# variety. The Dems try this periodically, they tried it with Clarence Thomas, they tried it with Herman Cain, they tried it with Trump... false accusations presented with zero proof in elections or political nominations they've literally got nothing else to fight against.

Maybe...maybe not. But I don't think blame the victim is the 'go-to' strategy. And I really don't think the Dems own 'fake news'.

My presumption is that the claim is most likely legit. And it reflects upon hypocrisy, not Conservatism.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread, after almost 40 years, I'm going to need more evidence that this actually happened than just someone's accusations.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Innocent until proven guilty, I believe the concept is recognized in Canada, and I know the American legal system is *allegedly* formed around it. The burden of proof is on the accuser. Sadly, in regards to accusations of sexual misconduct, it seems like that burden of proof has been abdicated in favor of "shoot first, ask questions later." Let's say this alleged victim does provide sufficient proof to convict Moore, what is lost by roasting the man after that conviction versus doing so now and potentially discovering in the end that he didn't do anything?

YOU may not be basing your position against him on his Conservatism, but I damn sure bet you all the cheese in Wisconsin the goddamned disgrace of a digital fishwrap owned by Jeff Bezos, the Washington Post made his Conservatism the driving force to report/compose/invent this "news."

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well that was fast...

www.politico.com...

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) called on the party's nominee for Senate in Alabama, Roy Moore, to withdraw from the race if a new report that he pursued teenage girls in his 30's is confirmed.

If true Moore should step down.
Are there limitations on prosecuting if true?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's okay because he's ultra-conservative. In fact, it's a virtuous act by the lusty Moore to go for a p'grab.

This may even lead to more approval from his base which believes women are for childbearing. Why, if Moore's abuse had gone all the way and resulted in pregnancy, she could have given birth to the next Einstein or Bill Gates.
edit on 9-11-2017 by icanteven because: added a word

edit on 9-11-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The accuser voted for Trump, and Republcians the last three elections. Doesn't seem partisan TO ME.

I'm so SICK of victim-shaming and gaslighting.

Victims won't EVER come forward if we dismiss them. NONE of us know what they went through or why they were afraid to come forward sooner.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

It's okay because he's ultra-conservative. In fact, it's a virtuous act by the lusty Moore to go for a p'grab.

This may even lead to more approval from his base which believes women are for childbearing. Why, if Moore's abuse resulted in pregnancy, she could have given birth to the next Einstein or Bill Gates.

He has a magical "R" next to his name.

It DOES seem to sheild people from gross and lecherous behavior.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was sexually assaulted when I was 7. If that babysitter becomes rich, I might file charges!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

So there's no burden of proof required in your mind? We have an entire legal system that covers every crime except accusations of sexual assault, and for those we remove the bar and just take whatever the accuser says as the gospel?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

good thing trump backed his opponent then, eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
As I said in the other thread, after almost 40 years, I'm going to need more evidence that this actually happened than just someone's accusations.

Here ya go...apparently there were many others. Lecherous old perv!!

www.rawstory.com...
ed it on 9-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

good thing trump backed his opponent then, eh?

Was that Luther Strange?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I find it ironic that when a hollywood type get accused of being a perve, it's "stringem up no questions asked" but when

a conservative gets accused....fake news, need more info, deep state influence, and stroke the strawman....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join