It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-matter and terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Back in the 80's the Libyans were sold plutonium and I'm sure some people are still selling terrorists this stuff. So what if terrorists got their hands on Anti-matter? It would be much harder to detect as thyey came into the country. They could just take the tour of the White House or something and once their inside release it and KABLOOM!!!!! Also a small amount can blow up a huge area. 1 gram contains the energy of a 20 kiloton bomb!!!!!!

[edit on 12/2/05 by Atomix]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
McGuyver will save us if it comes down to that.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
We just need to wait for a 20 mile long, terrorist run particle accelerator, coupled with them devloping technologies that allow anit matter to be stored and transported elsewhere.

Not really an issue for now, maybe in 30 years

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Could someone please put a link up on 'anti-matter' that prooves it can work now?

I've yet to find one myself.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thats because it cant, anti-matter at the moment is too unstable to be stored for longer than a few micro seconds, if it worked now then the world would be a lot different. Although a lot of progress is being made with the containment of anti-matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
We just need to wait for a 20 mile long, terrorist run particle accelerator, coupled with them devloping technologies that allow anit matter to be stored and transported elsewhere.

Not really an issue for now, maybe in 30 years

What if they went into CERN or had someone on the inside and they just stole it. If they got the NSA, CIA or MI6 global intelligence would be crippled right? And if they could only hold it for a few microseconds what if they waited a little too long and it went off.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix

What if they went into CERN or had someone on the inside and they just stole it. If they got the NSA, CIA or MI6 global intelligence would be crippled right? And if they could only hold it for a few microseconds what if they waited a little too long and it went off.

You can't just put the stuff in your pocket and walk out with it you know. It has to be contained within a magnetic field and super cooled to slow it down enough for the containment chamber to be a reasonable size (still huge). Even then if it touches anything your in trouble, and i mean anything, metal, air, a stray hydrogen atom. So no terrorists will not be getting it any time soon

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Maybe not terrorists but there is that George Bush character......................

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Damn that Bush! Damn him and his plans for 'Anti-Matter' and world Domination.

It's all the Church's fault, that and the fact he's a Giant Lizard. LMAO

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah, damn, now I can't fax that 3D molecular structure to the Whitehouse's nanotech-printer-bottler combo.

All those elections for nothing! What am I going to do with my anti-matter generator plans now?!?!?! Or that software that took an age to download, so that the nanobots at the Whitehouse would know what to build.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
antimatter is not something they'd be qualified to tinker with. Nuclear tech is around 50+ years old. Antimatter is not. Chances are, if they did somehow get some, and there existed enough to be of use, they'd blow themselves up in the process (accidentally of course).
them terrors, not the most skilled in very advanced physics.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Terrorist 1:"Look what Allah has sent us!"
Terrorist 2:"My, the might Anti-Matter. Now we'll destroy the infidels."
Evil laughing
BOOM

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ha ha! Its funny because its true!!! Except the Allah bit.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ha ha! Its funny because its true!!! Except the Allah bit.

top topics

join