It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far left Teacher debates Right wing student... facts vs. emotions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here, we have some startling evidence as to why every parent should be cynical of what is being taught in school to today's youth.

The fact that this teacher has a job considering everything she states, is amazing; between claiming that she is smarter than a dictionary and the claims that not agreeing with her, you are automatically "perpetuating white supremacy" (especially saying this to someone of Latino decent), it is my opinion that this teacher has absolutely no business instructing children

The video begins as the Latino student and his teacher debate about police brutality in America. The student cites facts — that black-on-black crime is more prominent and police shoot more white people — but the teacher simply dismisses the argument by criticizing him.

“You’re clearly a radical, a conservative,” the teacher says.

School is a place for facts, not opinion. Teaching is a position for instructing, not demeaning.

I mean ok, they probably shouldn't have had a debate like this in the first place....... However, if you have a teaching degree and choose to debate someone, you should at least use facts and not emotionally charged responses. Link to article and video below:

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 7-11-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2017 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Definitely good to hear students are challenging the status quo. Sounds like the teacher has insecurity issues considering she can't admit to being wrong. It's also sad the maturity level of the student seems to be exponentially higher than the teacher.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That "conservatives" are "radicals" now sure is something.

edit on 7-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sadly these problems will never get fixed when one side dismisses the facts and refuses to look at the reality and just calls you names like racist and radical.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

The fact that this teacher has a job considering everything she states, is amazing; between claiming that she is smarter than a dictionary and the claims that not agreeing with her, you are automatically "perpetuating white supremacy"

Just that statement should be enough to tell you about their sanity...

Facts do not give a f#ck about your feelings!!!....

I have a honestly held belief that these far left types are simply there to try and cover up the fact that certain cultures have major issues, "facts are skewed" she stated when the lad was giving her pure facts.., sounds very much like a religious nut job selling the idea of religion by hook or by crook.. Nothing to back up the argument.

That lad did a f#cking awesome job, and that POS teacher has the kuhunas to say the "problem with people like you"....

RA
edit on 7-11-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

That's refreshing. Seeing kids challenge what they're taught IS critical thinking. That's called learning.

And you're right, that teacher has no business getting paid to share her manufactured opinions with today's youth.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
" You can navigate your entire academic career and never have a conservative teacher or professor.."
- Ben Shapiro

Regardless of your opinions of Ben himself, that IS a problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Good times!

This is a great video for reals!!

edit on 7-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
" You can navigate your entire academic career and never have a conservative teacher or professor.."
- Ben Shapiro

That works in reverse too.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: EternalShadow
- Ben Shapiro

That works in reverse too.

You overlooked my intent. I was speaking to balance.
edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 07 Nov 2017 10:33:08 -060011amTuesdayth10am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Here’s the video..
Smart kid btw...knows his stuff
Hopefully the teacher is investigated but we all know she will be given an award and/or raise...
FBI was overseen by a black AG (Eric holder and Lynch) when these statistics were acquired..
This teacher is a fool...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Holy #e! I thought it's just our beloved forum was grotesquely triggered, but now I see that the same nonsense is really going on in real life too.

Not to mention that kind of teachers should be expelled from schools (and I don't mean her "political views"). IMO.
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Here, we have some startling evidence as to why every parent should be cynical of what is being taught in school to today's youth.

The fact that this teacher has a job considering everything she states, is amazing; between claiming that she is smarter than a dictionary and the claims that not agreeing with her, you are automatically "perpetuating white supremacy" (especially saying this to someone of Latino decent), it is my opinion that this teacher has absolutely no business instructing children

The video begins as the Latino student and his teacher debate about police brutality in America. The student cites facts — that black-on-black crime is more prominent and police shoot more white people — but the teacher simply dismisses the argument by criticizing him.

“You’re clearly a radical, a conservative,” the teacher says.

School is a place for facts, not opinion. Teaching is a position for instructing, not demeaning.

I have no problem with what the teaching was saying or doing. We do not want to create students who are sponges who blindly conform to authority without questioning authority. The more mad the student got at the teacher the better. People are in school to learn how to HAVE opinions. People are in school to learn how to learn.

It's not about teaching people how to be thought drones with politically correct right or left ways of thinking.

edit on 7-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The kids starts with the "argument" that what? Black civilians kill more black people than cops do? Utterly irrelevant. Diabetes is responsible for WAY more deaths per year in the US than murder. So I guess we shouldn't be concerned about murder either?

If homicide rates go up, are conservatives going to rush to say "can't talk about that until we get this heart disease situation taken care of?"

Then he just goes off some diatribe with straw men about "just like slavery" and "right wing death squads" which is pure fantasy on his part.

I can't make out what the teacher is saying either in most of this but it sounds like this kid she's just repeating talking points. Wonderful, these two are having the same "debate" we see 10,000 times a day on the Internet.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As an off-duty Fire Fighter I worked at a school in a low income area. I heard a black teacher tell the class about the State of Boston. A 3rd grade Hispanic kid said "isn't Boston a city?". Which she replied with an air of superiority "no, it's a state". The dumb fireman stepped in and helped the 8 year old out correcting his teacher.
She was no Neil deGrasse.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
arent there any standards with teachers anymore. That teacher should be fired for being a lunatic and severly pathological.
Those poor children being brainwashed and having reality distorted by this crazy 'teacher'

This is why i choose not to raise children in the usa anymore. Theyre screwed by their own education system.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They werent having a debate. The kids was trying to relay facts to the teacher that point out her distorted view of reality.

And she was basically throwing a tantrum and being largely non sequiter and vastly ignorant. She even said her own personal definition was correct and the dictionary wasnt. Claimed she was smarter than the dictionary. If you cant see the profound pathology in that then that sounds like a personal problem.

edit on 7-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I had a spanish teacher at a prestigious local high school in los angeles berate and belittle kids because they didnt agree with him. His claim was that mexico invented the pizza. Mexico colonized hawaii before the Polynesians. And that the car company BMW stands for British Motor Works. No joke. Thats some serious crazy talk there. We all just rolled our eyes knowing the teacher was just plain crazy. Now a days kids are so smothered in BS i think its hard for them to even see reality through all the excrement theyre taught.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I dont know what you were watching but its clear it was the teacher trying to force her precieved version of reality in a totalitarian way onto the student who was vastly more open minded and pragmatic in that 'conversation' than the so called teacher. whereas the teacher simplistically over emotionally prattled on and on ad nausium about her view points being the only correct ones. Even said her view point was more valid than the definition in the dictionary regarding it. You dont see that as severly pathological?

The teacher was a textbook combination of self righteous and ignorant.
edit on 7-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

They werent having a debate. The kids was trying to relay facts to the teacher that point out her distorted view of reality.

Of course you'd say that, you've probably made the same nonsensical "arguments." As I said, it wasn't much of a debate. Clearly the teacher wasn't up to having it either or that kid wouldn't have found the video worth posting.

Oh, you don't agree?

Well white people are responsible for 81.3% of the murders of white people in recent FBI stats. Boom. Mic drop.

"But wait," you may be thinking, "That's got nothing to do with what you were saying?"

And you'd be right. It's a random tangentially related fact that has no real bearing on what I was saying. But it's a fact. So technically, I'm "relaying facts" and by your distorted view of logic, I win.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join