It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Documents Show Commerce Secretary (Wilbur Ross) Concealed Ties to Putin Cronies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary in the Trump administration, shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position. Ross — a billionaire industrialist — retains an interest in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, that was partially owned by his former investment company. One of Navigator’s most important business relationships is with a Russian energy firm controlled, in turn, by Putin’s son-in-law and other members of the Russian president’s inner circle. Some of the details of Ross’s continuing financial holdings — much of which were not disclosed during his confirmation process — are revealed in a trove of more than 7 million internal documents of Appleby, a Bermuda-based law firm, that was leaked to the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung. The documents consist of emails, presentations and other electronic data. These were then shared with the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists — a global network that won the Pulitzer Prize this year for its work on the Panama Papers — and its international media partners. NBC News was given access to some of the leaked documents, which the ICIJ calls the “Paradise Papers.”

www.nbcnews.com...

You know, it appears that these are ethically questionable ties that coincide with some information on the infamous dossier. Ties to Putin connected companies look odd, and what of these Paradise Papers? It seems the elite are getting busted all over.

Now we must consider the Sanctions Violations that are to surface in the near future after this information is investigated further.

Look, as long as Trump and cronies, Hillary and friends, and other capitalist elites all go to jail, I'm good.

Rule of Law, not Rule of Man.
edit on 5-11-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did you say NBC news? That's a problem right there. Of course, ain't nobody going to jail unless TPTB say so.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Trump getting something done by not doing something is perfect .I had earlier said that Trump may only be buying us time to get to the swamp creatures .Following the money usually works but we need to use some caution because some may have made lots of money legitimately .

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It would be quite easy of him not to know Putin's extended family or what companies he is involved with.

I own shares of Lockheed, does that mean I am colluding with them to sell weapons or something?? How does either one of these business connections even pertain to some kind crime?

I think its worth revisiting to put him in front of a hearing again to confirm whether he even knew to what extent or at all Putin's son in law who does not even have the same last name had in such company. This article had to jump two companies to find one with about a 1/3 ownership stake in a company that used to do business.

It looks good as a headline no doubt, and for entertainment value. Unfortunately it will likely hold no water in actual hearings or courtrooms. I bet you have no idea how many companies in your 401k are connected to companies that do business with companies owned 1/3 by people in Russia.

So lets ask him if he knew, and see what comes of his next response.
edit on 11-5-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was just trying to post this, it's being called the Paradise Papers looks to be a bigger data haul than the Panama Papers.
Paradise Papers leak reveals secrets of world elite's hidden wealth

Files from offshore law firm show financial dealings of the Queen, big multinationals and members of Donald Trump’s cabinet

Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate has been invested in a Cayman Islands fund – and some of her money went to a retailer accused of exploiting poor families and vulnerable people.

Extensive offshore dealings by Donald Trump’s cabinet members, advisers and donors, including substantial payments from a firm co-owned by Vladimir Putin’s son-in-law to the shipping group of the US commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross.

How Twitter and Facebook received hundreds of millions of dollars in investments that can be traced back to Russian state financial institutions.

The tax-avoiding Cayman Islands trust managed by the Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau’s chief moneyman.

A previously unknown $450m offshore trust that has sheltered the wealth of Lord Ashcroft.

Aggressive tax avoidance by multinational corporations, including Nike and Apple.

How some of the biggest names in the film and TV industries protect their wealth with an array of offshore schemes. The billions in tax refunds by the Isle of Man and Malta to the owners of private jets and luxury yachts.

The secret loan and alliance used by the London-listed multinational Glencore in its efforts to secure lucrative mining rights in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The complex offshore webs used by two Russian billionaires to buy stakes in Arsenal and Everton football clubs.

The publication of this investigation, for which more than 380 journalists have spent a year combing through data that stretches back 70 years, comes at a time of growing global income inequality.

www.theguardian.com...

K~
edit on 5-11-2017 by aethertek because: wdwwd

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Right now i am watching TV and a report about the "Appleby Files".
This is as huge as the Panama Papers, so i guess the MSM will not report long about it.

It´s just another now visible battle in the war of the rich against the rest of the world.
These greedy a-holes just want to get, get, get, more, more and much, much more, but don´t even want to pay one cent of taxes, like avreage people HAVE to do, if they don´t wanna end in jail!

But i guess these greedy rich a-holes are all "to big to fail"...

Till it´s "Hammer Time"!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric

Now we must consider the Sanctions Violations that are to surface in the near future after this information is investigated further.

That's why everyone knew that economic sanctions haven't worked for years, just political bluster that few Governments could resist...probably even some that used the system themselves anyway, but I dare say the excuse will be they were just papering the cracks.

BTW, watch out for a plethera of Wienstein distraction posts in the tittle-tattle forums...maybe even the politico ones.
I like the name, Paradise Papers...the BBC is going potty now that the 'leak' is public.
Something else that's happening...to me anyway, I can't get on to a search engine now...no user ID??

edit on 5-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wait there's more,,,

Paradise Papers Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner associate Institutions with close links to Kremlin financed stakes through business associate of Trump’s son-in-law, leaked files reveal

Two Russian state institutions with close ties to Vladimir Putin funded substantial investments in Twitter and Facebook through a business associate of Jared Kushner, leaked documents reveal. The investments were made through a Russian technology magnate, Yuri Milner, who also holds a stake in a company co-owned by Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser.

www.theguardian.com...

Every where you turn these Trump people are involved with Putin & dirty Russian money, but no, no collusion no conspiracy they're all just coincidences.

K~

edit on 5-11-2017 by aethertek because: title

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

This is huge, I didn't want to make two threads, but this is a larger leak than the Panama Papers. I feel great knowing that the people are finally being shown the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric
One thread is good, update as we find more.

These leaks are awesome, now if we can get media to pay attention.
Who cares if it takes down both left or right , a despot or a Downey, a politician or a paid actor, who cares.
Get them all!

K~

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lol. Seven degrees from Putin.

Sounds like a new game.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This is huge, I didn't want to make two threads, but this is a larger leak than the Panama Papers. I feel great knowing that the people are finally being shown the truth.

It is huge, The Queen's the Duchy of Lancaster*, conservative benefactors, all sorts..are already under the microscope..they have £millions, perhaps £billions salted away in tax havens like the Caymen islands, Americans are there too, and now that this huge effort by a group of journalists has been released..presumably on-line, they all better hope that the paperwork on tax avoidance is in good order, and not become a case of tax evasion, or indeed money laundering.

I'm a bit surprised at the low key response to this thread so far? sorry I can only give the one star and flag...maybe a mod will come along

*Not Duchy of Cornwall as I used earlier.
edit on 5-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Did you say NBC news? That's a problem right there. Of course, ain't nobody going to jail unless TPTB say so.

Out of line big time, it will be all over the place in no time and the BBC have already a special programme running right now.

Prelim video,

Story,
www.occrp.org...

A short on the Queen, The Guardian,

edit on 5-11-2017 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Look, as long as Trump and cronies, Hillary and friends, and other capitalist elites all go to jail, I'm good.

I'm with ya...

Get rid of all of them. This has become a country for profit for the elites, and they spin their webs of deceit all over the world, leaving only a trail of falsehoods and lies.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ya, I was just reading that, could it be possible that the russian investigation might bring down both twitter and facebook??? could we be so lucky??? I am so hopeful!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't care about the social media but any billionaire that gets his butt in sling is fine by me.

K~

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Wait there's more,,,

Paradise Papers Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner associate Institutions with close links to Kremlin financed stakes through business associate of Trump’s son-in-law, leaked files reveal

Two Russian state institutions with close ties to Vladimir Putin funded substantial investments in Twitter and Facebook through a business associate of Jared Kushner, leaked documents reveal. The investments were made through a Russian technology magnate, Yuri Milner, who also holds a stake in a company co-owned by Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser.

www.theguardian.com...

Every where you turn these Trump people are involved with Putin & dirty Russian money, but no, no collusion no conspiracy they're all just coincidences.

K~

The files show that in 2011, VTB funded a $191m investment in Twitter. About the same time, Gazprom Investholding financed an opaque offshore company, which in turn funded a vehicle that held $1bn-worth of Facebook shares.

erm, 2011. You guys are desperate. Somebody who has a STAKE in a company co-owned by Kushner also invested in facebook and twitter.. Jeez, hold the phone.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is big news.

I'm not a foreign policy advisor...but I'm pretty sure that having the United States Commerce Secretary lie about having business ties to the dictator Valdimir Putin might be a concern...

I swear, you can't even sneeze around the Trump administration with a Russian connection being uncovered. The entire Executive Branch is literally "little Russia".

We might as well rename the "White House" to "Белый дом".

And start referring to the US president and government as, "правительство США".

This is pretty serious people.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Wait - it's 'pretty serious' that politicians and businessmen would have connections to Russia and Putin???
You have to marvel really at the way the media can create a bogeyman and get weak minds to hear about said bogeyman and start lathering themselves up in a conspiracy.

Was it pretty serious that Obama and Bush had connections to Putin?

You'll need to explain how this is pretty serious...

Leaked documents and public filings show Ross holds a stake in a shipping company, Navigator, through a chain of offshore investments. Navigator operates a lucrative partnership with Sibur, a Russian gas company part-owned by Kirill Shamalov, the husband of Putin’s daughter Katerina Tikhonova.

How many degrees of separation should we be screaming about these days?????

edit on 5/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My brother's wife's uncle's neighbor's former housekeeper...

You're "tied" to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join