It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bergdahl Sentencing: No Prison Time, Dishonorable Discharge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
People are asking me to prove my point in all my research I have done on this topic since it begain. Sure I could do that. And I will when the time is right.
But for now I'll leave something this is deadly accurate to what I found .

They didn't die searching for bowe

I know people will question this source. Please by all means do so! Go and research .

You all have been gobbling up this fictional story since it started . Even military members.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

every article I have read or spoken about speaks to people injured and crippled NOT killed. You had multiple soldiers AT RISK looking for this guy over hostile territory.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Just a liberal judge trying to protect Obama's legacy. Pure politics, like everything else in government. All I've seen from military experts they say Bergdahl committed one of the worst crimes and got off with not even a slap on the wrist. Some anti-American liberals will praise the decision, but the people who actually serve the country seem to think it is a total disgrace.

it's called the rule of law...but, why would you possibly want to know that, blaming liberals is so much easier for you.

You're not an expert, you're opinion means nothing to me. I base my opinion on what the military experts have to say, and they say the judge's ruling was a total disgrace. Your hero Bergdahl committed two of the worst crimes, and got basically no punishment for it, but keep on yapping about "rule of law".

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
In part you can thank the Twit in Chief for this outcome. The Prosecutor already stated that Trump's tweets undermined his case since Trump is the Executive for the Department that was bringing the charges After Trump's Twitter tirade there was no getting a fair trial.

jesus...the right-wingers here don't have a clue about that, they blame liberals and that's as deep as their thinking will take them.....but, you did explain it as simply as possible without using big words or boring contextual legalities.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Just a liberal judge trying to protect Obama's legacy. Pure politics, like everything else in government. All I've seen from military experts they say Bergdahl committed one of the worst crimes and got off with not even a slap on the wrist. Some anti-American liberals will praise the decision, but the people who actually serve the country seem to think it is a total disgrace.

it's called the rule of law...but, why would you possibly want to know that, blaming liberals is so much easier for you.

You're not an expert, you're opinion means nothing to me. I base my opinion on what the military experts have to say, and they say the judge's ruling was a total disgrace. Your hero Bergdahl committed two of the worst crimes, and got basically no punishment for it, but keep on yapping about "rule of law".

military experts have to follow the rule of law, or is that NOW a liberal idea...trump and his big mouth screwed this up, and it freed a deserter that should be in prison for at least 20 years....this is why you need a president that knows a little bit about government, and actually cares about constitutional law.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

He entered a guilty plea, the judge heard the evidence and then had to make a decision on punishment, what I have not seen is how trumps comments undermine the judge that ruled on the case.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It shouldn't have.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Dbl post

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's apparent you didn't read the link.

The military official report says nothing about these soldiers dying while searching for bowe.

And the soilders who were their . Also state the same.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And the chap that suffered TBI and is now in a wheelchair because of it?

People were wounded some quite severely, yes not killed but their lives were changes irrevocably by this turds actions.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No, they weren't. There were some quite severely wounded, however.

This, in no way, lessens the slimy actions, your Bowe committed. The sentence is a travesty.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No, they weren't. There were some quite severely wounded, however.

This, in no way, lessens the slimy actions, your Bowe committed. The sentence is a travesty.

"My bowe "? Relax segull . You can choose to step in the B.S. of you can choose to act by the motto for which you moderate . "Deny iggorence " perhaps.

So it went from "dying for bowe " to severely injured .

Right..

I am sorry but you won't convince me otherwise.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

He entered a guilty plea, the judge heard the evidence and then had to make a decision on punishment, what I have not seen is how trumps comments undermine the judge that ruled on the case.

are you in the military?.....if your commander-in-chief publicly tells a military court that Bergdahl should get the death penalty, don't you think that would have some influence (real or not) on someone involved in the case?....we can't have a president that gives a public "thumbs up or thumbs down" in legal court cases, as it could set a disturbing precedence for the future....if so, we would have a dictatorship.....this is why other presidents let the legal court system work, and not comment.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yup and I was taught early on to follow the regulations and if the commander had a separate view but the regulations supported me I stood my ground.

Many of us were taught to do what is right, not just what the boss said, just following orders gets you hung. See Nuremberg for a prime example.

eta: If this judge is so spineless that some simple comments from the president forced him to ignore case law he needs to resign his commission ASAP.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yup and I was taught early on to follow the regulations and if the commander had a separate view but the regulations supported me I stood my ground.

Many of us were taught to do what is right, not just what the boss said, just following orders gets you hung. See Nuremberg for a prime example.

eta: If this judge is so spineless that some simple comments from the president forced him to ignore case law he needs to resign his commission ASAP.

look, as a liberal democrat, I would love nothing better than to see Bergdahl locked up in Leavenworth for the rest of his life, he was a traitor to his own country, and to all the soldiers that are serving. I think this military judge owes an explanation to the rest of us, because it seems like he felt he was put between a rock and a hard place as far as sentencing, and I want to know his reasoning in his own words.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yahoo story on why

Former Air Force lawyer Rachel VanLandingham noted that Bergdahl's captivity was twice cited by officers in early investigations as a reason not to send him to prison. The officer who oversaw Bergdahl's 2015 Article 32 hearing, which serves a similar purpose to a civilian grand jury process, wrote imprisonment wasn't necessary largely due to "atrocities" against Bergdahl, though he noted he didn't have evidence of casualties on search missions. "The high level folks who have looked at this said: 'We just don't think confinement is appropriate because of the amount of torture he suffered,'" said VanLandingham, who teaches at Southwestern Law School in California.

I would love to know if they had anyone else that could corroborate the story of his "torture" otherwise we have to take the word of a deserter as to how bad it was.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

He was interviewed by an expert who found him credible and testified for him.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

When will the time be “right” for your revelation then? Do we have some sort of time frame or just the ambiguous cryptic statements?

I’d be pretty careful with the “all of you” type assertions you’re making. Not “all” of us are doing anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Whether soldiers were killed or wounded is ultimately irrelevant to the case. He was only charged with putting others in harms way, which no one can deny that he did.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Whether soldiers were killed or wounded is ultimately irrelevant to the case. He was only charged with putting others in harms way, which no one can deny that he did.

It is relevant. The OP suggest and is trying to make the case that soilders were killed trying to look for bowe when that wasn't the case at all.

But the charge of putting others in harm's way. I fully agree with .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join