It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: U of U campus 'shots fired' alert issued to 'shelter in place'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nope bad people kill people. Guns, vehicles, Bombs, knives, airplanes, hammer ... etc. are just tools. So are people who advocate for gun control, they too are tools against personal freedom.

so countries around the globe with gun control and a distinct lack of shootings like say britain or australia, have no freedom?
that's what you're saying right?

i need to take a screenshot of this, hilarious.

I'm glad you find humor within human destructive behavior.... have a laugh..

We'll wait.......are you done?

Essentially, according to your comment and logic, if guns were nonexistent, none of the aforementioned uses of other implements would be used...

Like knives...certainly you can't deny the increasingly rise in the use of knives in Britain?

Yeah, we monitor your BS just like you do with us..

Sad part is, when your government goes rogue you break out the cutlery...

We break out the armory.

Good luck however... cherry O!!

ETA: Can you imagine the people of other countries rising in defiance of their tyrannical government, having been disarmed mind you, with swords, butter knives, and spatulas?????? "Let's cut them, butter them, and flip them over!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!"

LOOOOOOOOLLLLMAO!!!
edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2017 08:57:41 -050010amTuesdayst08am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Point of order.

With silent steel, I could destroy more lives than any idiot with a noisy, stupid, wasteful belt fed machine gun ever could, and probably get clean away with it too. It would just take a little longer is all. Swords and knives are not to be scoffed at. Used correctly, they can be absolutely devastating weapons.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Mayhaps the case if you're talking about simple folk, completely unaware of any threat (which is why advocating for gun control after these types of events is silly) - but in a civil war type situation where you're up against many who are armed, trained & ready? Sorry, but not going to pose much of a threat in the grand schemes of things.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Turns out it was only one , and that was the shooter I believe, and not on campus ?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

See, you say that, but during WW2, Mad Jack Churchill took something like forty German troops hostage, by holding his broadsword at the throat of the German units commanding officer, and shouting an awful lot.

During the same war, Tommy Prince used to screw with German forces, by creeping into machine gun bunkers, and silently slaying everyone in them with his combat knife, or entering a German barracks during the night, and either stealing their boots from off their feet, or simply slaying every third man with a cut to the throat, which demoralised and terrified the remaining troops, making them less effective.

Close quarters combat, involving melee weaponry, will NEVER be irrelevant to modern warfare. It will never go away, it will always be an invaluable skill, purely because unlike modern conventional warfare, it can be done soundlessly, without damaging assets like bunkers, equipment, or indeed any collateral risk at all, making it an absolute must for those fighting guerilla style actions against larger, better equipped forces. Its worth pointing out also, that if you have a sword or knife, and are capable with it, you could be reasonably expected to be able to GET guns and other gear, by way of shanking a sentry or patrolling enemy, and stealing his kit, before having it away on your toes.

The ability to maintain and correctly use bladed objects in combat will NEVER become obsolete, for this exact reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Point of order.

With silent steel, I could destroy more lives than any idiot with a noisy, stupid, wasteful belt fed machine gun ever could, and probably get clean away with it too. It would just take a little longer is all. Swords and knives are not to be scoffed at. Used correctly, they can be absolutely devastating weapons.

"Point of order" he says..HAHAHA!!!

ALL of what you remarked I'll summarize like this, ..yeah, keep telling yourself that "whilst", lol, denying history in the process! Good luck!

So glad our forefathers had the sense to embark on a perilous journey "across the pond" in order to form a more perfect union.

God bless them!!

ETA: Piers Morgan couldn't do it, who's next to exude intellectual debate through a perceived intellect by way of an accent??

Just because you guys narrate army ants in the Amazon, doesn't make you experts on American values and law. Handle your own problems....Like immigration.

(((((((Mic drop)))))))

edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 31 Oct 2017 09:11:33 -050010amTuesdayst09am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That we know of.

Out of curiosity. What percentage of the populace is that?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Every DAY in America, 315 people are shot by guns.

Those darn guns, going around shooting people.

How many cars are lurking about running people over? Why just the other day I saw a long line of cars on the highway, but they were just driving. I kept my eye on'em though. Never trust a car-they cause deaths.

edit on 31-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
According to @slcscanner on twitter "UPDATE: The shooter Austin Boutain Shot/Killed Victim in a #CarJacking attempt."

-Alee

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kapusta

Source: www.bradycampaign.org...

Its strange I have been a lurker on ATS for years, it seems to me that you like to ride both ends of the spectrum to get stars and flags, saying whatever will antagonize the most in any given situation.

Are you a provocateur? If you look at your post history its all over the place. Just like this post.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Should I be scared of the AR in my closet? Is it going to come out and get me one night?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yep. What else could any of us have expected. Tyvb

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Those darn guns, going around shooting people.

How many cars are lurking about running people over? Why just the other day I saw a long line of cars on the highway, but they were just driving. I kept my eye on'em though. Never trust a car-they cause deaths.

He could have used a bb gun, air soft gun, pellet gun, water gun infused with acid, tazer gun, bean bag shot gun etc... Those are all Guns, yet he chose the kind designed to do one thing and one thing only.
Why is that? And please spare me the guns don't kill people, people kill people, guns were designed by people to serve one purpose.
Why aren't there mass stabbings with pencils, or metal chair homicides or big Mac hamburger capital murders, since all the above can kill in the right context as well. People kill people, with Guns.

And those hammering about constitutional rights, guess why and when this was made into law at the time? You seem to know your history so well, guess why exactly was this enacted at the time.. Fast forward to 2017, women can vote now, blacks aren't slaves anymore... So yea there were archaic laws which had to be revised as we progressed as a nation and civilization.

This was a law passed at a specific time during an era when it was deemed necessary.

I m also surprised an entire race of people arent thrown into the mix as well... Oh right... This was a loner and isolated incident...
edit on 31-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

awwww did you wonder out of your safe space?

Be careful its a dangerous world out there, better break out your bubble wrap

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

We have no immigration problem.

We have a "warmongering idiot leaders cause immigrants to leave their homes, and its our fault for electing them, so we will have to take some damned responsibility for our errors, by feeding, homing and healing the displaced." problem.

And as it happens, I actually appreciate and agree with the second amendment. You can like it, or you can put up with it, but you cannot change it or silence me.

Also, it would be a mistake to assume that in order to comment, I have to be from the United States. Geographical proximity to a subject in this period in history, is not necessary in order to be informed about the subject, nor to consider ones opinion worth communicating.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Kapusta

Source: www.bradycampaign.org...

Yeah, and the worst part of it is, there's a few of em who didn't even deserve it...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They would just use bombs then.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How many are killed by politicians.a reply to: carewemust

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join