It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Smart" Pill Bottle For Opiates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I saw this on my local news the other day so no link.
So anyway, this guy who's brother had died of an opiate overdose spent $70,000 of his own money to develope the smart pill bottle for opiates. The cap will only dispence the correct number of pills at the correct time. And if you try to break it open it alerts the pharmacy and law enforcement (what the h*ll?). In the future he plans on adding fingerprint recognition as well.
I'm sorry but if my herniated disk hurts worse on some days than others, and I decide to take two pills instead of the one I'm prescribed it's my own business.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Won't work.

Do you have a link?

The only thing that might help is if the pharmacies only give out a certain number of pills for the month and if you use it up before your refill date then you are sol.
edit on 25-10-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Won't work.

Do you have a link?
No . I saw it on tv. And anyway I can't add links from my phone.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
I saw this on my local news the other day so no link.
So anyway, this guy who's brother had died of an opiate overdose spent $70,000 of his own money to develope the smart pill bottle for opiates. The cap will only dispence the correct number of pills at the correct time. And if you try to break it open it alerts the pharmacy and law enforcement (what the h*ll?). In the future he plans on adding fingerprint recognition as well.
I'm sorry but if my herniated disk hurts worse on some days than others, and I decide to take two pills instead of the one I'm prescribed it's my own business.

The drug dealer down the street has prescription opiates in blister packs. If you want, he can supply them in little plastic bags.
If the customer can't open his smart bottle by the time he needs his fix, he will find a way to get it another way.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think its a pretty good idea.

Link for anyone interested:

wset.com...
edit on 25-10-2017 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: waggz

wset.com...

You think it's a good idea for the cops to kick in your door because the pain is so bad you may need another pill?

Not everyone's pain is the same.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's probably a better idea to hold congress responsible and stop tying the hands of the Dea and prosecutors.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes, I think his invention was a darn good idea.

I am clueless as far as the repercussions or negative effects it could have on prescription opiate users. You have enlightened me a bit though.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

I think the point is obviously guys with bags of thousands of pills aren't getting them from grannie.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

wset.com...

You think it's a good idea for the cops to kick in your door because the pain is so bad you may need another pill?

It's also a classic example of going after the effect and not the problem.

Arresting the users rather than the dealers.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The only thing that might help is if the pharmacies only give out a certain number of pills for the month and if you use it up before your refill date then you are sol.
Um that's how it is right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Won't work.

Do you have a link?

that is exactly how it is now.
i get x amount of vicodin every month and i can get them filled 1 day before i am due to run out but not before 8 am.
new, handwritten scripts for each prescription
no refills
no partial fills
no faxed in prescriptions

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: waggz

I think the point is obviously guys with bags of thousands of pills aren't getting them from grannie.

i dont know about thousands of pills but you would be surprised how many people get them from elderly family members.
happens more than you think

a lot of the time it is theft but a lot of the time those elders sell them too.
why do they sell them?
cause they are old and broke and have no money to #in eat so its food or pills.

trust me man. this happens

the 2 largest ways pills hit the street though is people selling their scripts and people bringing them in from other countries.
not even bringing them in personally. people have them mailed to them from people out of the country.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

wset.com...

Alright sir drop the bottle, now move away from the bottle-put your hands behind your back- now the police can search your residence for tampered with bottles,or anything else now that they have your permission(must agree to search as condition for being prescribed said pills.)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

According to a Dea agent and my father in law who is a pharmacist that isn't the way most pills end up on the streets.

In the 60 minutes from this week they said millions of bad orders hit the streets through pill, mills, dr's, and pharmacies (some having 10x more than people in the town).

If you haven't seen the 60 minutes watch it.

Plenty of addicts steal pulls and buy scripts but that isn't what created or fed the epidemic.

The government and pharmaceutical companies conspired to do it

TextJOE RANNAZZISI: This was all new to us. We weren't seeing just some security violations, and a few bad orders. We were seeing hundreds of bad orders that involved millions and millions of tablets. That's when we started going after the distributors.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 25-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Won't work.

Do you have a link?

i get x amount of vicodin every month and i can get them filled 1 day before i am due to run out but not before 8 am.
no refills
no partial fills
They also do surprise pill counts and you have to go there when they call you. And if you don't have the right amount your out of the pain clinic.
edit on 10/25/2017 by MissSmartypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Won't work.

Do you have a link?

no refills
no partial fills
They also do surprise pill counts and you have to go there when they call you. And if you don't have the right amount your out of the pain clinic.
Where I live your primary care physician can no longer prescribe opiates and you have to be referred to a pain clinic where they monitor you on a regular basis. And if they call you and tell you you have to come in for a pill count and you don't go your out. And on the forms you fill out initially that's one of the things you have to agree to.
edit on 10/25/2017 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There would be broken good idea
pill bottles everywhere.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

ok.
not really looking to debate

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

correct.
get called in for a count and you have 24 hours to show up with the proper amount.
of course for a seller there are ways around that too.

not too hard

drug tests as well at random.
doc writes an order to check levels

top topics

<<   2 >>

join