It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside a USN SEAL compound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Afternoon!

I know RAF Machrihanish itself and that there was a USN SEAL detachment there is old news, but I've never seen anything online that details the interior of the compound.

The entire Machrihanish site is now in private hands, including the runway and the hangars. The seal compound is one of the many buildings that is now available to let.

I found it amusing that even those hard nut special forces boys like a good jacuzzi!

Building 175B

Anyone in need of a parachute drying tower?

Just thought you guys might like a poke around.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

Of course they love jacuzzis...and gin...

Havent you ever read any of the Marcinko novels.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
(Edited upon second thought, to remove details)

Drive around the perimeter, or find a reason to be inside, but you will be disappointed at how mundane such a facility is.

The one I'm familiar with is one of the east coast teams and is easy to find if you have reason to be there. You would probably fall asleep from boredom if you were able to park nearby and catch a glimpse of anything. It's not much different than any other post.
edit on 21-10-2017 by therainmaker because: Auto-correct of "negotiating" as "negating."

edit on 21-10-2017 by therainmaker because: Thought it best to leave out specific details and driving directions.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
That made me smile BASS! :-)

Yep I agree rainmaker, most facilities are far more mundane than many would imagine. The Jacuzzi did make me giggle though.

Founded or not, Machrihanish holds a special place in every UK conspiracy theorists heart though, and I would imagine if you told any of them that there would be photo's of one of the most secure places on the base freely available on the internet one day they would have gone nuts!

Thanks

Robbie

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Founded or not, Machrihanish holds a special place in every UK conspiracy theorists heart though,

True but on further inspection- it does look like the SEAL detachment was the most interesting thing about that place.

The Army Rumour Service Site had a few corroborating posts from people who claimed to work in the fire control teams at Machrihanish and they swear they didnt have any exotic article training or special instructions.

new topics

top topics

join