It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea backs Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
NORTH Korea has sent a message of solidarity to Iran amid suspicions that it boasted of having nuclear weapons to raise the stakes while United States attention is focused on Iran’s nuclear programmes.

North Korea declared yesterday for the first time it possessed nuclear weapons and pulled out from talks on its weapons programme, saying it needed a defence against a hostile US.

The North’s official news agency said officials had sent messages of congratulations to Tehran on the 26th anniversary of Iran’s Islamic revolution.

More info here:
www.reuters.co.za...;:420c4f18:6a19e872923ee79e?type=topNews&localeKey=en_ZA&storyID=7600867

Intresting alliance. North Korea sold Iran many military related equipment, I wonder how far they are willing to go.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
North Korea, Iran, Russia

vs.

USA, China (yes, China will side with USA), UK

LETS GET IT ON!!!

WWIII here we come!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
From One Nuclear brother to another....

N.Korea must think they are FTD? A dozen roses of "solidarity" Express delivered?

Hmm, lets see:
*Both are apart of the Axis of Evil.
*Both claim that the US is "aggressively" provoking them.
*One claims to have nukes, while the other says their nuclear intentions are "peaceful" and yet reports from inside and outside Iran suggest otherwise.
*Both are sabre rattling, loudly.
*Both have internal problems.
*The mullahs fear student and other uprisings.
*Kim is worried about a military coup.
*Both have basically told the IAEA to get screwed.

And yet, one now professes solidarity for and to the other, despite their inherent differences of ideology? Who said that Saddam and OBL couldn't work together against a common foe becuase of their inherent ideological differences?!

Another prime case.

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
North Korea, Iran, Russia

vs.

USA, China (yes, China will side with USA), UK

LETS GET IT ON!!!

WWIII here we come!!!

what makes you think china will side with the US they have to much at stake in Iran

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
More to the point what makes you think the Cold War didn't end? Why would it be in Russia's interests as a capitalist nation to side with two international pariahs, one totalitarion under the guise of communism, the other a repressive Islamic republic?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
China wants/needs money. US has it, Russia doesnt. Also: The Chinese population in the USA is HUUUGE. That must be taken into account, after all: how would Chinese spies get access to the latest greatest stuff if we wouldnt let them in the country?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The trolling ignorant kiddies that think they can go play at nuclear war any and almost everywhere else in the world - absolutely risk-free to the US, of course - aren't worth responding to.

For those serious on this topic who can't help but see WW3 imminent in all this I guess the Nth Korean's strong call for talks following their nuclear claims must be interesting, hmm?

(if one believes the adjectives - "demand", apparantly - ascribed to their call......just like yesterday's "admission" to have nuclear weapons may well simply a claim, isn't it funny how some people are falling over themselves to believe this claim and yet they wouldn't believe anything else HK has to say about anything else ever, right? hmmm?)

I don't see war from this, it's politics......unless the US decides to preempt again, this time alone......and God knows what that would do in Sth Korea (cos it's pretty amazing the way the substantial Sth Korean sympathy for the Nth just gets ignored and air-brushed out of all this, right? Not to mention the wider region or the rest of the world.)

.....and I just love the way Iran's nuclear program is constantly insinuated to be a weapons program without the slightest shred of proof whatsoever.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

China wants/needs money. US has it, Russia doesnt. Also: The Chinese population in the USA is HUUUGE. That must be taken into account, after all: how would Chinese spies get access to the latest greatest stuff if we wouldnt let them in the country?

Have you ever read a history book?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

I have read many history books. But what does history have to do with whats going on today? Money is the sole priority for China right now. China is ready to become an industrial power like never before in its history. China needs oil and cash to do this. Russia is in the same boat as China in these regards and they will need to compete to secure thier needs. Relations with the USA are key for either of these countries to succeed and I think China is willing to make the changes it needs to improve thier relations. Even at the cost of its relations with North Koria, Iran and any other ties they may have with the wests enemies.

Hate the USA or not, its still the country that drives industry and still has the most political influence. In the end China will realize that it cannot advance into the economic power it wants to be without a relationship with the USA.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.copvcia.com...

THis still doesn't sit right...The joint force "exercise" to me is a build up and and experiment in working together for a common goal, the end of terrorism and MUslim expansion and move outside their own borders.

1. We invade Iran
2. China/ Russian forces invade NK
3. We meet in the middle, give them tiawan and control the pipeline from Iran/Iraq to New china/Russian soil.

They are partners of the six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organization, formed to combat what they consider the common threat of Islamic extremism and separatism. The other members are the former Soviet republics of Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Hate the USA or not, its still the country that drives industry and still has the most political influence. In the end China will realize that it cannot advance into the economic power it wants to be without a relationship with the USA.

I see where you're coming from with China, I agree it would not be in their interests to oppose America if they want to sustain their current rate of economic growth. However you still have not explained why Russia would go to war against the US. They are no longer enemies and are really in the same position as China, they need American backing for economic growth. Russia has shown no signs of opposition to the US since the fall of the Soviet Union, besides perhaps in the build up to the war in Iraq, but they took the same stance as France and Germany.

Today there is no ideological difference between the two nations - Russia has adapted to capitalism along American lines.

Why would it serve Russian interests to go to war with the USA?
What motivation could they possibly have?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
honestly good , america cannot and should not dicate who should have nukes.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don’t think Russia would go against the US in a war either. Not easily anyways. But the cold was isn’t over by a long shot and Russia has aligned itself with most the enemies of the west. I think if push came to shove, Russia would go against the US because it thinks its strong enough to secure itself economically without the US's help. I think China understands that by aligning itself with Russia it wouldn’t gain as much economically. And in the end, Russia and China would be fighting for the same resources and it would be a tenuous relationship at best. And don’t forget they share a MASSIVE border. That never ends well for competing nations.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Umm, Fitzpatrick,
America is not the only ones 'dictating' who should or shouldn't. EU come into that equation of 'dictating'? Does Japan, South Korea, China, Russia?

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have read many history books. But what does history have to do with whats going on today? Money is the sole priority for China right now. China is ready to become an industrial power like never before in its history. China needs oil and cash to do this. Russia is in the same boat as China in these regards and they will need to compete to sercure thier needs. Relations with the USA are key for either of these countries to succeed and I think China is willing to make the changes it needs to improve thier relations. Even at the cost of its relations with North Koria, Iran and any other ties they may have with the wests enemies.

Are you all saying that the US doesn't need China? And that China does not need the money EU money?
I am kind of confident that the world would still run without the US. In fact most of the best brains are not from the US but from EU, Asia and Israel. If the US lacks the will and funds to retain the best brains, the technical competitiveness is gone and with it the ability to lead the markets.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think the USA NEEDS both Russia and China, but the US doesnt depend on either of them for economic independance. Russia and China MUST secure financial relationships with other wealthy nations in order to advance themselves. The US isnt as dependant.

Another point that is so often overlooked: Culture. The populations of these countries DEMAND access to current trends and culture and the "perks" that come with them. And nobody can deny that the US adds as much to culture and trends as any nation on the planet.

By China or Russia keeping an open relationship with the US they gain access to lucrative business deals that secure cash for thier economies and an direct link to modern culture and trends that the populace demands.

I think in the end BOTH nations will succumb to the financial needs of thier developement and stay aligned with the US. But if forced into a war situation I think China goes western and Russia toughs it out with its eastern allies.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Show me some evidence that Russia is a threat to the USA. And you did say, in your first post, that you believe they will go to war. Russia has not aligned itself with America's enemies, it has simply done business with other countries, some of which are looked opun unfavourably by the Bush administration. The US does the same, it's all about money. Russia and the US are allies.

The Cold War ended with the collapse of communist rule. There is absolutely no reason for Russia to attack the US or vice-versa. That claim has no basis in fact, it is unfounded speculation. Frankly you give the impression that you think a war with Russia would be fun.

War is hell. Stop looking for enemies.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Show me some evidence that Russia is a threat to the USA. And you did say, in your first post, that you believe they will go to war. Russia has not aligned itself with America's enemies, it has simply done business with other countries, some of which are looked opun unfavourably by the Bush administration. The US does the same, it's all about money. Russia and the US are allies.

The Cold War ended with the collapse of communist rule. There is absolutely no reason for Russia to attack the US or vice-versa. That claim has no basis in fact, it is unfounded speculation. Frankly you give the impression that you think a war with Russia would be fun.

War is hell. Stop looking for enemies.

Russia wants Iranian oil, or at the very least they want to ability to use Iranian resources to get a better oil position. The US and Russia (and China for that matter) are competing for the same oil. Russia wanted Iraqi oil too, but the US invasion sent that prospect packing. It wont be long before Russia starts to panic over losing its mid eastern ties/influence at the hands of the West. Tensions will rise, sides will be taken, and things will escalate from there.

And who thinks war is fun? Stop reading into things, please quote where I mention or imply war is fun. Lets see it.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Most of you americans dont know a damn thing about international policy and affairs, such statements are just blatent stupid!
It is this ignorance that is keeping you from seeing why the US in Iraq and soon will be taking on Iraq and syria.
Its really pathetic the lack of knowledge of history and geopolitics that most of the people here have

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
[
Most of you americans dont know a damn thing about international policy and affairs, such statements are just blatent stupid!
It is this ignorance that is keeping you from seeing why the US in Iraq and soon will be taking on Iraq and syria.
Its really pathetic the lack of knowledge of history and geopolitics that most of the people here have

"It is this ignorance that is keeping you from seeing why the US in Iraq and soon will be taking on Iraq and syria."

Iraq and Iraq? The US is going to invade AGAIN? Um...what’s that about stupid statements? LOL, do me a favor: Read your stuff before you press the "submit" button and save yourself some embarrassment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join