It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Era Of One God Ended

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The era of "there's only God and that's it. Eat your soup." is clearly come to an end a while ago, not? I enjoy that, it calls for a party. The social, psychological, spiritual dogmas which lived in our souls should now be opening.
Where do you go after death? Nobody knows, but people report more or less credible there's something there and it feels better than this life.
Is there a God. There are weird things going on out there, they point towards something, nobody can and will confirm what that is. Angels? Demons? Aliens? ET? Ghosts? Spirits? Places recording holograms of intense moments?
Which means the answer has something to be like: it is real. Nobody knows what it is.

What do we do now?

Which if you want make still some room for the one perfect ideal idol of one God Father, you can, but in reality you never can deal with that, it's like a few payrolls higher than you are. He needs to have business in order to make "god" gamble with you. Like the satanists say, Funny that, huh?
I also enjoy: true liberal Jedi healthily wealthy, which technically wouldn't have to work for 2 generations and live healthy, but with some Jean Penn streak, Madonnaesque with spirituality and really searching for something,...ah... if only we could order and clone our 2nd run in the game to our each collective advantage. Pick and choose until perfection.
This round the angry white man got in the way.
Before that they killed Mandela accidentally and he was one of the designated survivours, or a "Mandela must survive until the game, if he dies you lose the game" card, or quest command.
Now it's Trump, if something happens during his presidency, game over.
And back to start, new round people. Year 1(Jewish calendar).

edit on 17-10-2017 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 17-10-2017 by Peeple because: Letter

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Huh??? Sorry buddy not following you....

But how has it ended , Islam and Christianity which is monotheism are the two largest religions in the world and Islam is the fastest growing so.....

Trying to figure out how you can make this claim

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The number says nothing about quality.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I think this is more wishful thinking and only focused on Europe or the West specifically.

There are less gods/goddesses being worshiped now than ever before.

Consider 1,000 years ago they were worshiping their deity archetypes in Australia, Native America, South America and all over the world from Lapland to The Easter islands. There were many different deities in many different cultures all over the earth in a vast diversity of highly individualized and segregated indigenous cultures. Even 200 years ago there were more. Colonial activity and trade activities have brought everybody together and their religions have very much dominated, an observed fact.

I'd conjecture that the biggest slices of the pie are going to monotheism (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism). Judaism, though in many ways it authored Christianity and Islam is very much still a minority. Fascinating that it brought about such huge numbers of followers split between Christianity and Islam yet never grew itself in numbers (influence on civilization is a different story).

The West is becoming more Godless than any other culture. We are not becoming diverse. Religion and Deism are declining big time and very quickly.

The quality of the experience is what you make of it, what you bring to the table. A Wiccan can have a quality spiritual experience and so can a Christian or Muslim depending upon their spiritual integrity and enthusiasm.

I could have written differently if I followed my own Christian prejudices, but I did not. I chose to be more aloof and observant. I think your own prejudices are coming through here. Just letting you know, certainly no judgment though.

Where are all these new gods and goddesses then? I have not heard of one new one. There are old ones. However, the Egyptian and Greek, Canaan or Assyrian are not worshiped in anything like the numbers they were in their own eras. New age hip chick might fancy herself a follower of Isis as her goddess, but she is just one of a handful compared to the number of followers she boasted of in her prime. Abrahamic monotheism has spread like a wild fire.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Christianity 2.2 billion 31.50%

Islam 1.6 billion 22.32%"

Those two account for more than 50% of the world's population. Both have more followers than they have ever had before. The world is theirs. The world is becoming more monotheistic than ever before.

Abrahamic based monotheism has taken over. Did not God tell Abraham his offspring would be more numberless than stars in the sky grains of sand? Abraham has 3.8 billion spiritual children now.

Genesis 22:17;

"I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies."

Don't dishonor truth and honesty. If you do you will inherit the comprehension of a fool eventually.

edit on 17-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Many people throughout time that have felt the same way that you do. Why is now any different?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That doesn't make any sense and is a direct deflection of your claim in the title of your thread
edit on 10/17/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Gods are metaphorical spirits within each person. A God is an omnipotent creator God of the Universe. Since omnipotence is all-consuming it doesn't make sense to have more than one. Once a God achieves omnipotent status have more than one becomes like cloud algebra where 1 + 1 = 1.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
God was made in man's image.

Just like the Cattle, The Birds and the fishwere the Earths, and Dogs, Bats an Snakes were Hell's.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There are many cultures that believe in polytheism already. This is hardly a new concept. Probably better than restricting oneself to just one God regardless. That always seemed so limiting.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Cloud algebra? You have mathematicked God - well done!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So... It is Not cause for celebration that the Era of One is over? Whether 1 or 0 or many, the number says nothing of quality... So the quality of our God(s) has not changed One iota.

Perhaps... you have personal reasons for celebrating? A long standing grudge maybe? A huge chip on your shoulder? It's become so heavy you have resorted to fanciful delusions of some kind of victory over your imaginary oppressor? A big celebratory event in your honor for defeating God?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
There are many cultures that believe in polytheism already. This is hardly a new concept. Probably better than restricting oneself to just one God regardless. That always seemed so limiting.

Not if your God has multiple aspects.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

So... It is Not cause for celebration that the Era of One is over? Whether 1 or 0 or many, the number says nothing of quality... So the quality of our God(s) has not changed One iota.

Perhaps... you have personal reasons for celebrating? A long standing grudge maybe? A huge chip on your shoulder? It's become so heavy you have resorted to fanciful delusions of some kind of victory over your imaginary oppressor? A big celebratory event in your honor for defeating God?

How did you get that out of ANYTHING I said? I posted 5words and you literally attributed a whole paragraph to words that weren't even there...
You presume waaayyy too much and your attacking tone suggest you're projecting ...

Not only that the whole OP comes off like some sort of psychotic break....so trying to pull anything "enlightened" out of it is just a fake attempt at trying to feign some sort of spiritual superiority
edit on 10/17/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The only god that matters these days is green and is represented with this symbol: $

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
if one can't see God's handiwork in creation then it's a reprobate

what about a human eye....no the human brain.......the optimization of the connections is beyond what man can do.....right now the universe can not contain the computing power connections....and would not have to speed due to the distance of the connections

the brain in your head does it by having all the connections.....get this now......all the connections have 5 or 6 functions, which blows the minds of the experts

then we have the blue sky, clouds and sunshine....think about it, are you so sure of yourself or would you like some supernatural aid in this reality....talk to Him and He will talk back

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Huh?,what has your dream or premonition have to do with the real world,basing your opinion always ends up with same result,wasted time

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
if one can't see God's handiwork in creation then it's a reprobate

what about a human eye....no the human brain.......the optimization of the connections is beyond what man can do.....right now the universe can not contain the computing power connections....and would not have to speed due to the distance of the connections

the brain in your head does it by having all the connections.....get this now......all the connections have 5 or 6 functions, which blows the minds of the experts

then we have the blue sky, clouds and sunshine....think about it, are you so sure of yourself or would you like some supernatural aid in this reality....talk to Him and He will talk back

This entire argument is the god of the gaps argument. "Humans don't fully understand how this works naturally; therefore god". Do you think that god wills the planets around the sun too or do you think they orbit around due to mix of gravitational force and centripetal force? The reason I ask is that at one point "god" was the leading theory on how planets moved around the sun. Then Kepler and later Newton came around to help us understand planetary motion and now we know otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really? How do you suppose gravity was created to make that happen?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Because we use reason and that alone leads many asray from religion because 99% is explainable, it's already a jump of faith if you say the 1% is more than some methodology error somewhere in the system from perception to record.
The smarter people get the harder they are convinced something is a miracle, there's always a reasonable explanation.
And we got really creative filling the gaps.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What I meant is how many are very liberal, how many orthodox,... I bet one or two from each crowd would agree, that the "believer" is not a homogeneous crowd.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join