It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telcos "Selling Realtime Ability To Associate Web Browsing With Your Name & Address"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So, I think everyone pretty much knows that the .gov knows exactly who you are and what you are doing on the Internet but how would you like "just anyone" to be able to pay a fee and get a dump of all of your online activity and search history? It is coming.

boingboing.net...

Telcos provide API access to your phone's location, along with your name and address, writes Philip Neutstrom. With two links, to danalinc.com and payfone.com, he shows that these sites can access this data when your phone connects. The pages are demos for the API and serve some of the data provided back to the visitor.

It knew my name and address and more besides, and located to me to a few hundred feet's accuracy. I certainly never knowingly opted-in to it.

medium.com

Want to see something crazy? Open this link on your phone with WiFi turned off:
https://(link tracking not allowed)/crazymobiledemo
Click “Begin,” enter the ZIP code and then click “See Underlying Data.”
What you should see is your home address, phone number, cell phone contract details, and — depending on what kind of cell phone towers you’re currently connected to — a latitude and longitude describing the current location of your cell phone.

edit on 15-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Tagged and tracked just like "Farm Animals"..........

The only time we hear about our so called elected officials whom work in the Corporation of Washington DC act like they care about us and our freedom is when they fear they might not be re elected!

edit on 15-10-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well, at least they don't have to chip us.

We have chipped ourselves and we are paying for the privilege.

edit on 2017/10/15 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Webpage not available for this address:

democf.danalinc.com...
edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 15 Oct 2017 17:54:38 -050010pmSundayth05pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You have to forgive me if I am not going to go on my phone and open the link that a random person online asks me to open.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

can anyone really be surprised if this is indeed true and comes to fruition?
heck with this policy, law enforcement agencies won't need to submit a request to a court for wire tap. we already have enough eyes and ears in our homes, cars, office, gyms, locker rooms, etc by virtue of our cell phones.

social media and smart phones are powerful tools to monitor and control a people.

time to get a old style flip phone?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Or maybe ditch the cellphone and go back to the corded phone on the kitchen wall attached to an answering machine...
edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 15 Oct 2017 18:20:42 -050010pmSundayth06pm by EternalShadow because: sentence structure

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Or maybe ditch the cellphone and go back to the corded phone on the kitchen wall attached to an an answering machine...

i am considering it.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Well, at least they don't have to chip us.

We have chipped ourselves and paying for the privilege.

My thought exactly. Our fascination with all of these little gadgets that supposedly make our lives easier, we have willing put a tracking device in our pockets. My friends are now wanting to make their homes "smart homes" with various "smart" devices.......no.....way....in......hell

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Or maybe ditch the cellphone and go back to the corded phone on the kitchen wall attached to an an answering machine...

Agreed. But, they probably have that covered too. Technology as convenient and fun as it can be, may just be the tool that enslaves us.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Note that the telco's are owned by the same parent companies that own the MSM, Hollywood and your favorite music artists.

Meaning this is most definitely a NON-ISSUE.

All that really matters today is stuff like the NFL, Trump hands, Hannah Montana, Trump's hair, Trump's orange skin, Russia, Justin Beiber, Trump's twitter, etc.

Or in other words, apply The MSM Credo:

If it survives, or doesn't distract nor divide, social control it doesn't provide.
edit on 15-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My burner phone just became much more important to me. For those of you who are unaware, a burner is typically a pay by the minute cell phone, unassociated to any particular individual. With out contract and activated without a name or address.
I got mine a Walmart, paid cash, and had the attendant activate it for me. No paper work.

It looks like there will be a market for a "burner IPad", I am sure one of you can get around the IP address.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

I’m agree with you

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

"We have chipped ourselves and we are paying for the privilege."

That was the only way the general public would swallow it through.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
My burner phone just became much more important to me. For those of you who are unaware, a burner is typically a pay by the minute cell phone, unassociated to any particular individual. With out contract and activated without a name or address.
I got mine a Walmart, paid cash, and had the attendant activate it for me. No paper work.

It looks like there will be a market for a "burner IPad", I am sure one of you can get around the IP address.

There's a chink in that armor. As soon as your "ghost" phone/new number is associated with any of your previous contacts, you are identified and are straight away right back in the "web".

That's what Facebook is all about.....networking your networks between other people and monitoring them 24/7.

You would have to have everyone you know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know, start using "burner" phones exclusively and everyone would have to purchase another SIM card if not daily, then weekly in order to skip trace the network.

Additionally, everyone would have to shut down EVERY single social media account they have but even then, nothing goes away permanently. As soon as one individual in the group, who has your number, decides to go back on the network, everyone is again identified and networked back in as well.

You want privacy? Probably the only private communication left in the world??

Get some paper and a pen and write a letter. You can't type it out in Word and send it because if your connected to the web, it's documented and stored, period.

That's it.

Other than that there is no alternative. Of course, you could just throw your phone in a lake, along with your computer, smart tv, smart anything and walk away...

But honestly, who can realistically do that?

The web is exactly that, we're all in it in some shape or form and the more you wrestle and struggle, the more entangled you become.

Its just a matter of what you can sacrifice in this day and age to really be free....and I mean REALLY FREE.

It helps to make a list.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 15 Oct 2017 20:07:51 -050010pmSundayth08pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Probably has something to do with hacking the SS7 system.

Anyone with access to the SS7 system can really snoop a lot of information about your cell phone usage.

-dex

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

There's a chink in that armor. As soon as your "ghost" phone/new number is associated with any of your previous contacts, you are identified and are straight away right back in the "web".

That's what Facebook is all about.....networking your networks between other people and monitoring them 24/7.

You would have to have everyone you know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know, start using "burner" phones exclusively and everyone would have to purchase another SIM card if not daily, then weekly in order to skip trace the network.

Additionally, everyone would have to shut down EVERY single social media account they have but even then, nothing goes away permanently. As soon as one individual in the group, who has your number, decides to go back on the network, everyone is again identified and networked back in as well.

You want privacy? Probably the only private communication left in the world??

Get some paper and a pen and write a letter. You can't type it out in Word and send it because if your connected to the web, it's documented and stored, period.

That's it.

Other than that there is no alternative. Of course, you could just throw your phone in a lake, along with your computer, smart tv, smart anything and walk away...

But honestly, who can realistically do that?

The web is exactly that, we're all in it in some shape or form and the more you wrestle and struggle, the more entangled you become.

Its just a matter of what you can sacrifice in this day and age to really be free....and I mean REALLY FREE.

It helps to make a list.

Frightening, I am going to have to work on my tradecraft.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is precisely why net neutrality and the sale of personal data should be the issue of our time! Personal privacy is a thing of the past and corporations will one day own us (or at least, everything about us).
Scary times.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Interviewed with a company that specialized in this thing. Made me sign several NDA's just to interview. Based on what was discussed in that interview and based on my work for a mil contractor I'd say you have no f'ing idea how bad things are. Some ISP's track you, backbone providers track you, advertising companies track you. And those are just the one I know do.

I have been called too paranoid by many and I find that ironic. I'd say people aren't nearly paranoid enough. Back many years ago I was "around" some FBI training. It is amazing the things people give up about themselves without ever knowing it. Simple things like what colors you like and if you handwriting leans to the left or right (no political pun here). It says more about you than you know.

But that was back then. This is now. Every single thing you do on the internet is categorized and tracked. You are profiled to the N'th degree. The book 1984 has nothing on today. Your TV watches you? Lol, of course. But your smarphone goes with you everywhere. It's always listening, always watching.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join