It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI in Puerto Rico investigating local officials 'withholding' crucial supplies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Trumps fault.

No, its the truckers unions, the local gov, the municipal road crews....

Hell, the people who DONT just do it. Grab a truck, clear a road, lay some cement. Clear debris.

What ever. PR needs to come together and when the lights come back on, the roaches of wasteful administration need to scatter.

edit on 10 12 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Interesting now is that the link is completely dead, just saw a thing on FB of some vets saying that the populace isnt getting food to the populace and they arent given enough to deliver, they see whats coming in but then its disappearing.......

Why is the link dead now???

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Even worse try and google search "Puerto Rico government stealing supplies" and all the pages that were up are either gone or broken....

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I didn't say that she wouldn't know,what was needed and where. I sure would hope even if she was corrupt or taking jabs at trump for political points she still wouldn't be completely ignorant

What I meant was she wasn't going to the FEMA planning meetings where everyone was figuring out logistics and how to get resources where they are most needed. The ones where the heads of each local come to work together to figure out how best to utilize those assets that FEMA has been bringing over. Because you know she was the only mayor not going. Now it seems the goveror has had to step in and handle her responsibilities and deal with FEMA for her.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I wonder if the whining mayor is included in those complaints!! I'd bet she is.

Sick, how some will steal from those in need, then demand more and more.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Along with Venezuela, Puerto Rico is another good real time history lesson to apply to your SHTF prepping. Compare the situation in PR with Venezuela currently and check out this thread I started. No matter if it is a natural or man made disaster, the end results end up being about the same. Keep notes and study them folks because the end term finals are coming up.

Venezuela - A Real Time History Lesson

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I find it interesting that I lived in Guam in 2002 when Typhoon Pongsona (a category 5) wiped out the island and we got through it without all this political garbage. And we were an 8 hour plane flight from Hawaii, had generators for our hospital (all 1 of them!) and got our road cleared of 3 foot thick concrete telephone and power poles, ourselves, within 48 hours.
We had no power or water for 3 weeks on most of the island and didn't complain because we were ready knowing that a typhoon can hit any time of year within 2 or 3 days notice.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Sad, isn't it? Somebody is so focused on tweeting about things rather than getting stuff done and too busy making sure people know how she's personally handing out water that everybody else has had to do the actual job for them.

Sounds an awful lot like the complaints we hear about Trump, but somehow this time it's different.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There is no comparison between the two.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Of course not, because you can't see through your dogma long enough to compare anything.

Trump is a politician. The mayor is a politician. Check.

Both of them are dealing with significant events. Check.

Both of them are spending time on twitter and in front of cameras rather than shutting up and doing their jobs. Check.

Yep, seems pretty comparable to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yea I would expect both of them would have so much on their plates that the last thing they'd have time for is cameras and social media. More so her though as being president requires dealing with press a whole lot more than the local politician tasked with managing one district. No time for her to attend those meetings but sure plenty of time for interviews and photo ops.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Both of them are spending time on twitter and in front of cameras rather than shutting up and doing their jobs. Check.

No, that's where is it's not comparable. Trump legendary tweets, just about Puerto Rico alone, are not comparable to 3, that I know of, that the Mayor of San Juan tweeted. Not to mention Trump's fascination with his twitter wars with literally everyone, Mayor Cruz' 3 tweets weren't threatening and/or incomprehensible, like Trump's tweets usually are.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Trumps fault.

No, its the truckers unions, the local gov, the municipal road crews....

Hell, the people who DONT just do it. Grab a truck, clear a road, lay some cement. Clear debris.

What ever. PR needs to come together and when the lights come back on, the roaches of wasteful administration need to scatter.

Right. Because if YOU were a truck driver and your home had been destroyed and your family was without food, water, and shelter YOU would abandon them and go to work to drive a truck on roads that were mostly impassable, right? There is no excuse, given the magnitude of this catastrophe, that the National Guard couldn't have been on the ground on PR on day-2. They have the manpower, equipment, and expertise to help with all of the immediate needs of the island. Why didn't that happen? Any state-side catastrophe and they would have been deployed in a New York minute.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ahh so because she's being less dramatic than Trump, but still dramatic, it's not comparable. Size matters or something I guess.

K.

Much like your hero The Mayor, you're getting lost in the weeds trying to prove a point that nobody else is even talking about. Are both of them using social media like retards? Yep. Are both of them using social media like retards instead of buckling down and getting on with their jobs? Sure seems that way.

But, shocking absolutely nobody, because one of "them" is Trump, you're going all over the place to make a distinction between their behavior because Trump does it more than The Mayor. Meanwhile, the less dogmatic among us are able to see that two people are both guilty of playing politics about a situation.

It's really sad when somebody is so desperate to cling to their beliefs that they absolutely cannot recognize when their "side" isn't quite as saintly as they make themselves out to be, no matter what has happened.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Trump is a politician. The mayor is a politician. Check.

Both of them are dealing with significant events. Check.

Trump's job is to Turn FEMA loose and make sure they have what they need. Pretty simple really.

The Mayor's job is to help put her city back together. Kind of hard and time consuming. I find it funny that they have 17% of their power restored, but whatever she uses to Tweet is always fully charged.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

If my community was all messed up, after the first few days while things settled, I would help.

Our street would be clear and we would have food and water.

I dont know about the whole country.

They have trucks. They have supplies. They have machinery.

They need PEOPLE.

edit on 10 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Not surprised. Every disaster, large or small, brings out folks trying to take advantage of other people. It's sad, but when chaos erupts and everyone is lost in the fog, the bandits will take advantage of the confusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join