It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI in Puerto Rico investigating local officials 'withholding' crucial supplies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not crapping on FEMA

Hopefully it's helpful that Trump finally named someone to head HHS.

ETA: My real issue with the handling of Puerto Rico's disaster relief is Trump. It shouldn't matter what any particular politician there is doing or not doing. The people are American citizens that are suffering. He really had no reason to say what he said this morning. Nor did have reason to lie and say the people weren't doing enough to help themselves.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What FEMA does is pickup the phone when a mayor says "I need X, Y, and Z, and I need it at locations A, B, and C." Then FEMA does whatever they can to ensure that X, Y, and Z are ready to go and, if the mayor can't send somebody to come and get it, FEMA tries to figure out how to get it to the mayor.

FEMA said last week, that they aren't taking the Mayor of San Juan's calls, and filtered her pleas out as "noise".

And, as far a Trump tweeting that FEMA can't stay in PR forever.....

FEMA actually can stay in Puerto Rico indefinitely

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yea the actual direct quote is "we filtered out the mayor a long time ago, we don't have time for the political noise." Can't imagine why you'd selectively quote him there. And then he talks about how they're working with the governor to address needs.

And then he goes on to talk about how when they see the power outages that the mayor is taking political jabs at the Fed over, they're sending LifeFlights to the hospitals and getting patients transferred to the USNS Comfort.

So yea, he pretty bluntly says they're not interested in the mayor's attempts at playing politics instead of dealing with things, so they'll just go ahead and ignore her tweets and deal with things without her.

And, as far as Trump tweeting anything, I don't really give a damn. I'm not in the habit of defending his tweets or comments.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hey he's just keeping it real. Or not speaking politician.

Whatever it is that the Trumpites call it these days? Hell if I know.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I quoted you. You said that "mayors" are supposed to call FEMA to let them know their needs.

What FEMA does is pickup the phone when a mayor says "I need X, Y, and Z, and I need it at locations A, B, and C." Then FEMA does whatever they can to ensure that X, Y, and Z are ready to go and, if the mayor can't send somebody to come and get it, FEMA tries to figure out how to get it to the mayor.

Life and death, food and water, isn't political. That's Trump ass kissing obligatory rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I think they call it standing up to PC SJW bullies while they support authoritarian measures for kneeling football players and cry about celebrities with opinions and cheer the notion of violating the 1st Amendment to silence media they don't like.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

And then you selectively quoted a FEMA official and ignored the rest of what he said, which is that FEMA is going ahead and working with the governor and ignoring the mayor's political commentary because they're busy dealing with the issues while the mayor is busy tweeting about the issues and making them political.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'M NOT TRIGGERED, YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S TRIGGERED!!1!!1!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

And you posted a picture of Christian Bale has a serial killer? Kinda creepy.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That's a bunch of BS. I'm not it buying from Trump, from his FEMA toadies or from you.

edit on 12-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh well since you and Maddow say so, guess that's settled then.

Sorry for not making ATS the echo chamber you want it to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So yea, he pretty bluntly says they're not interested in the mayor's attempts at playing politics instead of dealing with things, so they'll just go ahead and ignore her tweets and deal with things without her.

But they're not dealing with things, because their ignoring the Mayor of San Juan, not taking her calls, not taking her requests seriously, and they're saying that the distribution of food and water is not their job.

Pretending the mayor's pleas are BS, and therefore filtering out her requests, forcing her to go to the governor instead of going directly to FEMA, and forcing the Governor to do the mayor's job, because Trump is playing politics, puts millions of American citizen's lives at risk.

Nobody has to like everyone, what they say or what their politics are, but they must do their jobs regardless of who and what they like.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Okay well I'm gonna go with what the guy actually said during the interview, not what Maddow and her enormous Trump-driven ladyboner are claiming he must've actually meant.

Which means pretty much none of what you said is what was actually said, it's just what Maddow says they really meant when they said what they actually said.

FEMA is dealing with things. Again, since you selectively quoted something, allow to post the rest of the pertinent comment:

nd then he goes on to talk about how when they see the power outages that the mayor is taking political jabs at the Fed over, they're sending LifeFlights to the hospitals and getting patients transferred to the USNS Comfort.

So, again, while the mayor is busy tweeting about things, everybody else seems to be busy actually doing something about them.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

So, nobody is doing anything about the power outage at the hospital, which houses more than the 2 patients that were transferred to the temporary care of the USNS Comfort. What about everyone else in that hospital?

That's a problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yea power doesn't get restored by magic, especially when you have to rebuild the entire electrical grid. Line doesn't string itself.

17% of San Juan is back on power.

There's really no point in continuing to discuss it. You bought Maddow's spin on things and absolutely nothing will cause you to rethink your position. You keep repeating things that nobody but Maddow has ever said. You keep saying things as if they're facts, when they're factually inaccurate.

All because Trump. Who, by the way? Yea I don't care for him and didn't vote for him so I'm not even debating from a position of wanting to defend the Great Cheeto. I'm just not going to ignore you selective quoting and ignoring the entirety of what people are saying, all while you give dogmatic allegiance to what the mayor of San Juan is tweeting because you like the fact that she's given Trump the finger.

Should you ever reach the point of wanting to discuss actual facts, rather than Maddow's opinion and spin on things, lemme know. Till then, don't bother. I'm not going to debate what you and Maddow are making up and pretending is real.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You're right, there's no discussing the message when you can't accept the messenger. Unless it's FOX News.

Spin is spin, whether it comes from the White House or from MSN. From where I'm sitting, it looks like the spin is coming from the White House, given Trump has continually threatening tweets and actions toward Puerto Rico and nits people.

Clearly, this is about "business interests" over life and death. Trump intends to let PR sink back into the ocean so that he and his oligarchy buddies can buy up real estate for pennies, and exploit PR all over again. Check your history before you shoot the messenger.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't watch Fox News, so don't pretend that's where I get my info from. Just because you're literally parroting Maddow's talking points and it makes it obvious where you get your information from, don't presume to know where I get mine.

Hint: not one thing I've said has come from Fox News.

What's not spin is that the governor isn't whining, nor are other mayors, and the reality on the ground. Which is that power is being restored, things are being done, food is being passed out, water is being restored and distributed, all while TWO people are engaged in a pissing match over social media.

Clearly, this is about "business interests" over life and death. Trump intends to let PR sink back into the ocean so that he and his oligarchy buddies can buy up real estate for pennies, and exploit PR all over again.

Wanna source that? Oh, no, you can't. It's more opinion dressed up as faux facts.

Check your history before you shoot the messenger.

Don't be dramatic.

People like you are what's dragged ATS to where it's at these days. You cling so tightly, so pathetically hard to your dogma that you can't have a rational conversation about anything. You assume that anybody who calls your narrative into question is one of the much-maligned "them" you're so terrified of. Even when that person goes out of their way to point blank tell you that they're in fact not one of "them." You can't deal with the reality that your narrative might not be as accurate as you think it is, so you have to try and pivot and go into attack mode the minute anybody says "no, that's not right." And the worst part of it all is that you do it to those of us who a month ago were being called leftists and libtards just as quickly as you do it to those who are every bit as pathetically dogmatic as you are, just from the opposite side of the aisle.

I'd say don't bother replying to this, but I know you will because if you can get the last word in, then it'll soothe your ego just enough to feel like you've "won" somehow. And that's okay. You can do that.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I don't watch Racheal Maddow, either. She broke the story, so she and MSNBC are sourced in every article about how FEMA won't help with distributing food and water in Puerto Rico. There are plenty of other sources, besides MSNBC which is all video and no articles, that betray Trump's very bad, nasty attitude toward helping Puerto Rico,

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Has the whiny mayor started attending the logistical meetings that every other mayor and the governor are going to with FEMA and actually trying to get things done yet?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yes. You know that the Mayor of San Juan also lost her home and everything she owned, and has been living in shelter with the other homeless American citizens of San Juan since the storm. She's actually in the trenches, getting dirty and getting stuff done. If anyone acutely knows the needs and desperation of San Juan's citizens, it's her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join