It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eminem on Trump - Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
a reply to: JinMI

So having a different opinion to you means his thoughts are no longer valid?

Not to me. Isn't free speech wonderful?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: RazorV66

More D-List celebrity nonsense from a clown that has more money than brains.

So, you're saying you would definitely consider voting for him if he ran for President? I mean, from that description it sounds like he's right up your alley.

A rare star for making me laugh in the morning.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: RazorV66

More D-List celebrity nonsense from a clown that has more money than brains.

So, you're saying you would definitely consider voting for him if he ran for President? I mean, from that description it sounds like he's right up your alley.

So you're saying people only voted for Trump because of his celebrity and his wealth?

Because from your post, sounds like every other SJW statement.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Would the real Slim Shady please stand up.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Always loved Em', but cypher/freestyle/improv has never been my favorite format.

Pretty bold, but it's going to fall on a lot of deaf ears.

The issue now is that SJW's have cried wolf so much over the past few years that now, when an actual racist is being called out, many no longer recognize one for what he is and they largely don't give a damn as long as he's pissing off the left.

Childish and petty, but that's the state of American politics today.

Haven't seen a rapper go after a sitting President this hard in over a decade (when Immortal Technique released "Bin Laden").
edit on 10/11/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
He probably wouldnt even care but with what the rapper whistleblowers call the "Gay Mafia" certainly having a bunch of videos of him gettin er did, Dre hiding in his closet every night, M&M is a tool. Youtube search for GM bunch of rappers talkin about it.
edit on 11-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah right. More like you would get the sh*t slapped out of you. What a lame statement. But not surprised coming from a Trumpclan member.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
He's a "white rapper".....steal much?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Why? Why would I care what this guy or Meryl Streep or any of the other idiots have to say? He does the rap thing. He needs to just shut his trap about his politics, do his rappy thing and take his checks to the bank.

Posturing $#!7@55.

Disagree here
You can make a case about actors and stuff, but music, and today especially rap, is a music that delivers messages about love, politics, crime, etc.
-turns on some Bob Dylan to prove point

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud
Well he went in....

What do you guys think of this? I respect the hell out of it personally.

What is there to "respect" exactly? He's just spewing all the same lies and talking points that come from the rich and powerful of Hollywood and the mass media. There's nothing smart of brave about it. It's just a bunch of partisan MSM nonsense.

And OH THE IRONY of this guy toeing the line of a group that condemns him for his skin color and "cultural appropriation".

edit on 11-10-2017 by HeadCrunchMcRockGroin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Eminem has like others in tje same industry that magical triangle up his ass.
Maybe he likes to sexually abuse kids like the rest of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah right. More like you would get the sh*t slapped out of you.

By a guy named after a chocolate covered peanut? Lol I think not.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Who gives a snip what actors,actress's,musicians,football players think about American politics ?

WHO ?

Their opinions are no more important than anyone else's.

That's what I think.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ExCloud

He's a rap genius, for sure.

Political genius, though...not so much.

I did chuckle, though, when Marshall Mathers thought it was appropriate for him to talk about gun-law reform.

Eminem Gets Probation

Eminem, born Marshall Bruce Mathers III, was charged after he allegedly pistol-whipped John Guerra last June 4th at Hot Rock nightclub in Warren. Eminem claims that he saw Guerra kissing Eminem's now-estranged wife, Kim Mathers. The rapper pled guilty to the concealed weapons count on February 14th. In exchange, prosecutors dismissed a charge of assault with a dangerous weapon.

Maybe it should be called Hyp(ocrisy) Hop instead?

I'm still a fan of his music, though, even if he's politically hyperbolic.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ExCloud

Not brave, not unique, safe and boring.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Love Eminem. He is definitely one of my Top 5.

However, he is just virtue signaling like every other entertainer playing to the audience.

Of course, it is really ironic when you consider that Eminem is from Detroit and a working class white guy. Trump is in office because he spoke to this demographic effectively as they had largely been written off by the progressive left. Trump won the Presidency by flipping states with strong Unions and blue collar workers who traditionally voted Democrat because he was talking about bringing jobs back to America and fair trade agreements.

Detroit is the poster child for everything wrong with progressive politics and economics.

The irony is thick imho.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: incoserv
Why? Why would I care what this guy or Meryl Streep or any of the other idiots have to say? He does the rap thing. He needs to just shut his trap about his politics, do his rappy thing and take his checks to the bank.

Posturing $#!7@55.

Disagree here
You can make a case about actors and stuff, but music, and today especially rap, is a music that delivers messages about love, politics, crime, etc.
-turns on some Bob Dylan to prove point

Then let him write a protest sing with some actual artistic (not just commercial) value. Let Meryl produce a play or movie with a clear message and moral and factual integrity that's actually worth giving a couple of hours of my life to.

I could care less rants. They have no more chops for speaking in socio-political issues than if you or I stood on a street corner with a bullhorn.

Listen if you like. They offer me nothing in the way of valuable insight.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Maybe it should be called Hyp(ocrisy) Hop instead?

April 10, 2001....

Because he's not allowed to change his opinions on firearms after 16 years pass?

9/11 changed many opinions.

Getting clean usually changes one's opinions as well.

It's pretty natural to have a different perspective on things in your 40s compared to your 20s, but if you want to call growing up "hypocritical" you've got that privilege.
edit on 10/11/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Red one or the Yellow one ?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud
What do you guys think of this?

Many people are saying what is on their minds. We are all part of this country. That's what the first amendment is about. I support it completely. Whether they're NFL players, rappers or actors (or just regular people). Some I will agree with, and some I will disagree with, but I totally support them saying what they want to say.

Whether I agree or not, it doesn't matter. My opinions about Trump are clear and they haven't changed. I have liked EMINEM for years, and I respect anyone who questions or challenges authority. Theyr'e the people who have the balls.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join