It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Anouncement: October 11th 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I see that differently, indeed. I think that something positive can even come from the CIA. As surprising as that may be.
I think that things can become better because of the efforts of individuals.
We are not doomed and all does not have to blow up in the end. This is our planet, as individuals we choose our future everyday.
Luis Elizondo to me looks like an honest man trying to do the right thing.

Whether I am right and something major will come out of TTSA we will know in 5 years.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

You’re a positive guy Sl
unlike the MM thread
With all of us hard head skeptics

We need both perspectives

I’m in the middle

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thank you very much, you made my day!
I did not expect that this posting of mine would be received so friendly :-)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
a reply to: olaru12

I see that differently, indeed. I think that something positive can even come from the CIA. As surprising as that may be.
I think that things can become better because of the efforts of individuals.
We are not doomed and all does not have to blow up in the end. This is our planet, as individuals we choose our future everyday.
Luis Elizondo to me looks like an honest man trying to do the right thing.

Whether I am right and something major will come out of TTSA we will know in 5 years.

The idea that people are all good or all bad is a bit limiting.
People do things with good will that harms - and sometimes people do things with malice that inadvertently helps...

If we just ignore Tom and Lou for the purpose of simplicity - we are still left with an entirely serious and credible gang of Fravor, Justice and Mellon who want to further the discussion on whether metamaterials can somehow interface with the "somethingness" of space to deliver none conventional locomotion.

If someone in 2014 said the above reality would be on the menu (nevermind in the context of "UFO's") by 2018- no one would have believed them.
edit on 31-7-2018 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

I've just sent you PM. Please check out your inbox here.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Letter by US Senator Harry Reid to Deputy Secretary of Defense William Lynn

Ultimately, the results of AATIP will not only benefit the U.S. Government but I believe will directly benefit DoD in ways not yet imagined. The technological insight and capability gained will provide the U.S. with a distinct advantage over any foreign threats and allow the U.S. to maintain its preeminence as a world leader.

This explains for me why even the good guys handle this stuff so carefully. Indeed, I would not be to keen to live in a world where terrorists and other mad men have access to super fast vehicles with gravity control drives and fancy Star Wars weapons. On the other hand, the realization that we are not alone in the universe may shed a new light on those dusty old books and lead to a better understanding of them by the people who so radically believe in their content.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That letter also has a comment at the bottom

Something Zondo talked about at the MUFON symposium. AATIP stuff was exempt from FOIA to stop foreign adversaries finding out details about the program.

Yet it's on the website of a Las Vegas TV news website/

Things that make you go hmmm!

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not even see it! Not sure if I understand it right, but if it means that (parts of) the document can be withheld from the public in case of a FOIA request then it is indeed interesting that it now appears on the Internet for everybody to see. Good guys gone wild?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yep he talks about it here : youtu.be...

He even mentions the Harry Reid letter but doesn't explain why it was classified as FOIA exempt but sitting on the website of a Las Vegas News studio.

To clarify what he said regarding FOIA he claimed

AATIP is exempt from FOIA...exemptions 1 and 5

That would be

Exemption 1 – Protects from disclosure information that has been deemed classified "under criteria established by an Executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy" and is "in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive order."...

Exemption 5 – Protects the integrity of the deliberative or policy-making processes within the agency by exempting from mandatory disclosure opinion, conclusions, and recommendations included within inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters....

www.hhs.gov...

"Exempt from FOIA" on a document means, if I understand it correctly, that it's exempt from automatic declassification because the contents include details that may fufll one or more FOIA Exemption categories.

I don't think the presentation was meant to mislead people particularly. It had to be aimed at a general level and Zondo was very professional and very well rehearsed. I just wonder how this letter can be exempt from FOIA whilst being available to anyone with an internet connection across the world.

edit on 2/8/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There is some AATIP-stuff on Chris Mellons Website including Lou Elizondos resignation letter:

www.globalsecurityissues.com...

www.globalsecurityissues.com...
edit on 6-8-2018 by TheMadScientist2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Interesting UFO footage.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sort of a teaser to the ADAM project:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
Alien abduction: 45 years after alleged UFO encounter, Mississippi man breaks his silence

Famous Alien Abduction in Pascagoula

what about Parker? ... he told officers, he had passed out at the beginning of the incident and failed to regain consciousness until it was over (United Press International 1973).
So he told police he slept through the whole thing, but he manages to write an entire book about what happened...while he was sleeping?

Incredible, ain't it?

Interesting UFO footage.
You really can't tell what that is at 20 seconds? Seems obvious to me.

edit on 2018814 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Alien abduction: 45 years after alleged UFO encounter, Mississippi man breaks his silence

Famous Alien Abduction in Pascagoula

what about Parker? ... he told officers, he had passed out at the beginning of the incident and failed to regain consciousness until it was over (United Press International 1973).
So he told police he slept through the whole thing, but he manages to write an entire book about what happened...while he was sleeping?

Incredible, ain't it?

Interesting UFO footage.
You really can't tell what that is at 20 seconds? Seems obvious to me.

Since it's (UFO) not visible at 20 seconds in the video, I'd be interested in what you think. That's why I asked in my post. The long dark object that is thousands of feet from the plane is.....?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher
I guess Dunning-Krueger's research is true, things that are obvious to me are not obvious to other people even though I think they must be. Here's a screenshot at 20 seconds and I don't understand how this can't be recognized by everybody as a contrail:

Just because you can't see the plane making it, doesn't mean it's not a contrail, but in the photo below you can see what a contrail looks like and that a plane is making it, but I still assume a plane is making the contrail even if I can't see the plane, why wouldn't you?

www.metabunk.org...

Just to clarify what a UFO is, this is Hynek's UFO scale, and a contrail where you just can't make out the plane doesn't even fit on the scale, so I think people who refer to that as a UFO need to read up on UFOs, starting with Hynek's research:

The Hynek Scale is a Six-Item System for Classifying UFO Sightings

here is the Hynek Scale:

Nocturnal lights. These are wacky lights in the night sky that move unlike planes or planets, most often red, blue, orange, or white in color. This represents the largest group of UFO reports.
Daylight discs. These are oval, metallic flying objects that are visible in the daytime. They've been said to disappear with astounding speed.
Radar-visual cases. These are significant blips on radar screens that coincide with visual reports.
Close Encounters of the First Kind (CE-I). This is when a UFO is within 200 yards, but it doesn't interact with the witness or environment.
Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II). This is when a UFO actually interacts with the environment, whether that be leaving physical evidence on the ground, on animals, or on humans.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (CE-III). Spielberg alert! This is when occupants of a UFO (humanoid or otherwise) are seen.

I would also add that video is heavily edited, I suspect to not help you identify the object but to do the opposite, try to throw you off. I think if you saw the unedited video it would be more obvious what it is (and without the spooky music added trying to make it seem more mysterious).

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
I guess Dunning-Krueger's research is true, things that are obvious to me are not obvious to other people even though I think they must be. Here's a screenshot at 20 seconds and I don't understand how this can't be recognized by everybody as a contrail:

Just because you can't see the plane making it, doesn't mean it's not a contrail, but in the photo below you can see what a contrail looks like and that a plane is making it, but I still assume a plane is making the contrail even if I can't see the plane, why wouldn't you?

www.metabunk.org...

Just to clarify what a UFO is, this is Hynek's UFO scale, and a contrail where you just can't make out the plane doesn't even fit on the scale, so I think people who refer to that as a UFO need to read up on UFOs, starting with Hynek's research:

The Hynek Scale is a Six-Item System for Classifying UFO Sightings

here is the Hynek Scale:

Nocturnal lights. These are wacky lights in the night sky that move unlike planes or planets, most often red, blue, orange, or white in color. This represents the largest group of UFO reports.
Daylight discs. These are oval, metallic flying objects that are visible in the daytime. They've been said to disappear with astounding speed.
Radar-visual cases. These are significant blips on radar screens that coincide with visual reports.
Close Encounters of the First Kind (CE-I). This is when a UFO is within 200 yards, but it doesn't interact with the witness or environment.
Close Encounters of the Second Kind (CE-II). This is when a UFO actually interacts with the environment, whether that be leaving physical evidence on the ground, on animals, or on humans.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (CE-III). Spielberg alert! This is when occupants of a UFO (humanoid or otherwise) are seen.

I would also add that video is heavily edited, I suspect to not help you identify the object but to do the opposite, try to throw you off. I think if you saw the unedited video it would be more obvious what it is (and without the spooky music added trying to make it seem more mysterious).

No it's not the planes wingtip or another jetliner. Heck, that would be way too close for another jetliner to fly next to another. Can't you see the anomalous long black shape!!?? And it is rotating like no contrail shape would or could. I think your filling in the blanks on something that's not there and your letting your bias form an unscientific image. You need to study the video a bit better.

edit on 15-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Show me the unedited video and I'll study it, this one is edited too much and has the fake sound added. The plane is moving so of course if you see a contrail from another plane it's certainly possible to see it from different angles as seen in this video.

I don't know how far away it is and neither do you so your statement of "Heck, that would be way too close for another jetliner to fly next to another." has no basis in fact. I can see contrails from the ground for planes I know are flying at over 20,000 feet and much higher. If planes are at different altitudes they are allowed to get quite close to each other horizontally, and even the vertical separation doesn't have to be that great, only 1000 or 2000 feet (300-600m) minimum, depending on the aircraft, at normal cruising altitudes, which is really not far at all. So not only do you not know how far the other plane is, but I doubt you know the separation requirements; this is fairly close:

Separation (aeronautics)

In certain airspace, between 29,000 and 41,000 feet (12,500 m), pairs of aircraft equipped with more modern altimeter and autopilot systems can be vertically separated by minimum of 1,000 feet (300 m) rather than the standard 2,000 feet (600 m).

RVSM airspace encompasses Europe, North America, parts of Asia and Africa and both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. In areas where RVSM capabilities exist, 1,000 feet of vertical separation may be utilized up to FL410 (41,000 ft), and 2,000 between FL410 and FL600 (60,000 ft).
So you could actually see another plane's contrail much closer than that one, if it was near the minimum separation requirements. It would be so close that you could actually see the plane that was making it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Sorry you couldn't see the large shape rotating. No way that was a contrail as you surmised. Watch the video again.

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join