It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMC2 system the Einstein Box

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Now this is new to me and i am sure no expect LOL
Sound a bit like black magic Box with hokis pokis
In theory it sound good like most new idea but will it live up to the talk
will it do the walk

“The EMC2 is designed to be stealthy, operate at high-altitude, increase the line-of-sight scope necessary for directional data transmissions, and overcome the communication barrier between different generations of aircraft,” explained the defense news magazine.

EMC2

Linky

edit on 26-9-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

This is an improved iteration of BACN. BACN works really well, but it's on not very survivable platforms, which is why they wanted a stealthy version. Currently they use either a WB-57 or E-11. By making it stealthy, they could put it on something like the B-21, or a stealthy high altitude UAV that is far more survivable.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok ya guess putting it in a B21 or UNKWON plafrom lol sound a bit better

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's always seemed odd to me we don't/didn't have an extremely low observable C&C/Awacs aircraft flying...From what I have read it seems the F-35 can somewhat fill this role but always had a hard time believing something else isn't out there.

~Winter

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

The F-22 has been performing that mission exceptionally well over Syria.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The problem begins wth different service branches all wanting their own different systems in their newest whizbangs.

The first thing to go wrong in battle is loss of communications.

Now some other translator has to show up to get everyone back on the same page?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wrong.

Link 16.

edit on 9/27/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
How does it fit in with C4ISR and C5ISR?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wrong. They can't talk to each other... why the complexity necessary. The more complex a system, the more likely it will fail when needed.

The newest U.S. aircraft use stealthy radio transmissions above 20 gigahertz to stay fairly undetectable, even when communicating large amounts of data over their wireless networks.

Less modern airplanes don’t have this technology, but the Einstein Box acts as a “go between” that permits older systems to send information to the new aircraft without compromising their stealth.

Is that dial up?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
You know, never mind. It'll just get twisted into something else I'm sure.
edit on 9/27/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
You know, never mind. It'll just get twisted into something else I'm sure.

No it won't, the article you linked describes a magic box to facilitate intercommunication between assets, a new requirement, because as I said, newer technologies use different frequencies, making the whole combat scenario that much more prone to failure should hostilities between superpowers break out.

Same thing happened on 911. The different agencies operated with different communication equipment. Coordination broke down.

If they are calling this new tech an "einstein box" , theres the sign its over complex. Fine in peace time... maybe.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes it will. It always does.

It's called LPI. You don't make a stealth aircraft and then put a datalink on it that everyone can intercept and locate. Just as you don't put a radar on it that can be easily triangulated. At least the people that are designing them don't. Others might though.

You also don't spend millions of dollars upgrading the communications of aircraft that are nearing the end of their life so they can talk to your stealth aircraft. You develop pods and protocols to work around it. Which is exactly what they did.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Fine... in peace time...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Yes, because it's much better to have systems that can be tracked by anyone you might fight in a war just to reduce complexity. That makes total sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Really starting to thing this magic box will do much more than just com
to other older platform from newer one
We are missing something here something very bad ass
the com part is only too white wash it put it in the open.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

It's going to do everything short of an AWACS. It's not just communications, it's total connectivity. They'll get the datalink from the 5th Gen, which will include targeting and tracking for their missiles so they won't have to use their radar.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is something they've been testing for some time.

I seem to recall some other articles talking about something like this.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yeah, as mentioned, it is the next iteration of Talon HATE and BACN. Both do essentially the same thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Ahh ok.

Now I see the connection.

I had posted on talon hate.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

Very odd. Suspiciously odd. "Let me read some of the recent threads" odd.

Man that would be cool. VVLO electronic all seeing eye loitering undetected overhead, directing traffic and doing other things good too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join