It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACK BOX SECRETS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
BLACK BOX SECRETS

Being that parts of our world are going through Hurricane Season at this moment in time weather has been constantly on my mind, so I thought it would be ideal to focus on a thread regarding the ancient history of predicting weather and my other various fragmented thoughts on the matter.

In ancient times, it is thought that the people did not have advanced mechanisms or tools, as we do today for predicting and warning of potentially hazardous and destructive weather. They were more in-tune with the natural ways of the land and used movement of the skies and seas, the changing characteristics of the land and behaviors of the animals in order to predict on-coming weather danger.

The predictions in ancient times were very localized because ancient peoples did not have technological access to data about worldwide atmospheric patterns at the time. In our minds, they could really only watch the local patterns that formed around them on a day to day basis and record and log them so that the next time a similar circumstance happened it would be familiar and they could look it up in their catalog to predict what the weather would be like for the day.

“Ancient forecasting For millennia people have tried to forecast the weather. In 650 BC, the Babylonians predicted the weather from cloud patterns as well as astrology. In about 350 BC, Aristotle described weather patterns in Meteorologica.[3] Later, Theophrastus compiled a book on weather forecasting, called the Book of Signs.[4] Chinese weather prediction lore extends at least as far back as 300 BC,[5] which was also around the same time ancient Indian astronomers developed weather-prediction methods.[6] In New Testament times, Christ himself referred to deciphering and understanding local weather patterns, by saying, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red', and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times."[7] In 904 AD, Ibn Wahshiyya's Nabatean Agriculture discussed the weather forecasting of atmospheric changes and signs from the planetary astral alterations; signs of rain based on observation of the lunar phases; and weather forecasts based on the movement of winds.[8] Ancient weather forecasting methods usually relied on observed patterns of events, also termed pattern recognition. For example, it might be observed that if the sunset was particularly red, the following day often brought fair weather. This experience accumulated over the generations to produce weather lore. However, not all[which?] of these predictions prove reliable, and many of them have since been found not to stand up to rigorous statistical testing.[9]”

Weather Forecasting

Early Weather Warning System
Here is one example of an ancient people building a mechanism to predict and warn of the potential for oncoming threatening weather:

“The Maya early warning system, says Leoni, is housed in the clifftop Templo Dios del Viento, or Temple of the God of the Wind, in Tulum, a Maya site that had its heyday in the years 1200 to 1450.” "The temple contains an intricate web of holes that cause an extremely loud whistling sound when early hurricane-force winds blow in from the Caribbean sea towards Tulum," she explains. The whistling sound at the temple even today serves as a warning for approaching hurricane for local residents in Tulum. The God of Wind temple is 130 km south of Cancun, which is hosting the UN's biggest event on DRR with thousands of delegates from across the world participating including senior government officials, ministers, scientists and experts on disaster mitigation.”

The Maya Early Warning System

But what I want to ask, Is not predictions banned in the bible ? We have been warned not to make predictions ! But we have accounts and records and proof that people have been predicting weather & weather related events for a very very very long time. Not only do we predict weather so that we can prepare day to day, week to week, month to month, quarter to quarter and year to year for it, but we also see a-lot of folks making predictions for massive world ending or world changing disasters, and a-lot of those predictions are weather related. MmmmHmmmmmm

“When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so.” (Deuteronomy 18:9-14)

“21 And if you say in your heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken? 22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken, but the prophet has spoken it presumptuously: you shall not be afraid of him.”Deuteronomy 18:21-22

“I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.” Jeremiah 23:21

“I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.” (Leviticus 20:6)

So…hasn’t anyone that has listened to a weather forecast indulged in “predictions”.
Why do I now feel like I’ve been a bad little girl ?

We also know that predicting weather eventually turned into manipulating and controlling weather. (what does the bible say about this ! ? or does it ? )

Manipulation of weather is an entirely other huge subject to conquer so I’m gona leave that one bee for now, however I will leave you with one little ancient weather manipulation attempt by the ancient peoples. The practice is nothing new…

Rain Dance

“In an early sort of meteorology, Native Americans in the midwestern parts of the modern United States often tracked and followed known weather patterns while offering to perform a rain dance for settlers in return for trade items. “

Raindance

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Now lets take a look at a weather prediction tool that is still in use today. & by the way, this weather tool is surrounded with a bit of a mystery.

The Farmers Almanac

“Farmers' Almanac is an annual North American periodical that has been in continuous publication since 1818. Published by Geiger of Lewiston, Maine, it is famous for its long-range weather predictions and astronomical data, along with a blend of humor, trivia, and advice on gardening, cooking, fishing, and human interest. Conservation, sustainable living, and simple living are core values of the publication and its editors, and these themes are heavily promoted in every edition." en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a little fact about the Farmers Almanac that I did not know. The formula to predict weather is secret and it has only passed through a very small number of hands since its beginning. What ! ? The formula keeper is kept secret, no one knows who the person is that protects the formula. Talk about a recipe to ensure the Almanac survives for a very very very long time, to keep you buying it... How could they keep it secret for so long ? Is it really that much of a secret anymore ? Don’t all our weather men and women use computer programs to predict weather now ? Or is there some deep hidden secret to the Farmers Almanac that is being hidden from the rest of us folks that makes it much more accurate and special ? This book predicts weather up to 2 years in advance and they say it is more accurate than our local meteorologists could ever try to bee. I’ve personally never owned a Farmers Almanac… and now I just feel like I oughtoo ! Like I’ve been missing out on something. This is just so strange to me. Its like a bible… except it hasn’t been around for as long, well that’s according to what they have recorded on its beginnings I suppose. So here we have a secret knowledge being withheld from the masses. Are you intrigued or do you now not trust whomever is behind this magical formula that is being used to predict weather up to 2 years in advance. How does one get chosen to bee the keeper !? Like who votes him/her in ? Talk about a secret society, lol… except it supposedly just consists of one person… haha, I don’t believe that for a minute ! How many people or groups are involved in its publication ? Surely more than one individual knows the secrets inside the little black box ! ? Does this one individual appoint the next in line of his/her succession ? This is some serious strangeness to me. What do you think ? I wonder how large the following / congregation of this almanac is ? Something to ponder indeed !

“Farmers' Almanac managing editor Sandi Duncan says the formula is so secret, even she doesn’t know it, and she’s been with the Farmers’ Almanac for more than 20 years. “I could probably access it if I gave away my first son or something.” The Almanac’s formula is entrusted to just one living being: a weather forecaster who, since the publication’s inception, has gone by the pseudonym “Caleb Weatherbee.” The Almanac’s editors keep everything about Caleb’s true identity a secret. In fact, the only thing they’re actually willing to confirm is that he exists. “He is a real person,” Duncan says. “We don’t want to let everyone know what his real name is. We don’t want anyone badgering Caleb. He’s got an important job so we have to make sure he can continue to do it. ”

How does the almanac work

“It is an old, old formula that dates back to when the ‘Almanac’ was first founded back in 1818, it’s a mathematical and astronomical formula. It takes things like sun spot activity, position of the moon, the phase of the moon, and a variety of other factors into consideration.” She’s also coy about Weatherbee’s identity, except for confirming he lives in the U.S. and is only the seventh person to hold the position in the Almanac’s history.

Secret Formula

Indeed, we derive our weather forecasts from a secret formula that was devised by the founder of this Almanac, Robert B. Thomas, in 1792. Thomas believed that weather on Earth was influenced by sunspots, which are magnetic storms on the surface of the Sun. Notes about that formula are locked in a black box in our offices in Dublin, New Hampshire. (Yes, that’s a photo of the unassuming black box.)

How we predict weather

Ya know… when I think about it, the almanac appears to be revered similar to some of our various religious texts, even though it has not been in existence for as long as those, it sure appears to be trying for that. What has kept any of our worlds highly revered various religious texts going for so long ? A society of people who believe in it. I don’t know myself, I’ve never owned an Almanac to date ?

Here are a few examples of the total Quantities of various religious texts vs the Farmers Almanac that are printed/distributed each year. I suppose the number for the almanac is still a-lot less than the various religious texts, but still 4 million each year is a bunch !

Farmers Almanac = total distribution per year is 4 million
Farmers Almanac

Bible = over 100 million printed and given away each year
The Bible is Best Seller

Quran = I could not find a count to give a number printed each year ?

Book of Mormon = “Modern-day printing presses now enable the Church to print and distribute many millions of copies of the Book of Mormon each year.”
Book of Mormom

Mao’s Book = Mao’s Little Red Book, the volume “ranks second only to the Bible” in terms of print circulation.
Maos Little Red Book

I don’t know about all of you, but I do listen to the weather forecast on a daily basis and I’ve always enjoyed watching it and keeping on top of it. I guess I’m doomed to hell for eternity, afterall… it is a prediction or type of divination is it not ? Are we suppose to just let it bee and ignore the weather ? I also want to know whats in the black box b/c now its a gosh dern mystery, one I’m supposedly not suppose to indulge into, but it is now so deeply enticing to me. I also predict that I am going to purchase my first Farmers Almanac in my not so distant future.

leolady

edit on 23-9-2017 by leolady because: fix typo

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Farmers Almanac is purchased and read because more times than not they are right when all the high tech computers are wrong... Probably a few threads here at ATS saying the Almanac was spot on and 180 degrees opposite of the weather guessers....

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady
This is ATS so let's tip the hat towards a potential conspiracy involving this subject.

Ever notice that it seems like modern weather predictions aren't increasing in accuracy? But every few years we get a new radar upgrade (usually with an increasingly juvenile sounding name). What are we at now? Super Duper Doppler Omega Extreme Mk. 4? Riiight... but the accuracy is still the same roughly 80% that it's been my whole life?

That just screams scammish levels of bunkness.

Every local news station seems proud of their advancing weather prediction technology so the companies making that tech have got to be raking in the dough from those guys alone. Just wait for Super Duper Doppler Omega Extreme Mk. 5, half off with trade in. Buy now. The weather doesn't wait for you, don't wait for it.

*Disclaimer - I really have no idea. I'm bored and just having fun with the it. Don't mind me...
edit on 23-9-2017 by Noncents because: Revision! God Hates Meteorologists!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The almanac was way ahead of its time using
Sunspot counts and the Pacific ocean temperature anomalies
of La Niña and El Niño for predictions. Then throw in some
outer planet orbital dynamics and witchcraft and you
got my attention!
Guess what the Sun and witches say?
It's gonna get cold.
Our Sun is a sleepy star.
And the Sun is boss like it or not

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
BLACK BOX SECRETS

But what I want to ask, Is not predictions banned in the bible ? We have been warned not to make predictions ! But we have accounts and records and proof that people have been predicting weather & weather related events for a very very very long time. Not only do we predict weather so that we can prepare day to day, week to week, month to month, quarter to quarter and year to year for it, but we also see a-lot of folks making predictions for massive world ending or world changing disasters, and a-lot of those predictions are weather related. MmmmHmmmmmm

“When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so.” (Deuteronomy 18:9-14)

“21 And if you say in your heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken? 22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken, but the prophet has spoken it presumptuously: you shall not be afraid of him.”Deuteronomy 18:21-22

“I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.” Jeremiah 23:21

“I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people.” (Leviticus 20:6)

once Jesus came along, old testament law was kaputz. Christians fell under a new covenant. I do get what your saying, but once Christ arrived there was a direct access to God. it was no longer soothsaying, but rather the beginning of science.
(it was also a thousand (+) years later, so civilisation was already growing more organized).

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah, Christianity did ban predictions for a very long time. They wanted us to trust in the Church and use prayer to ask for good weather, Bad storms were a sign people were sinning to many.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

The almanac was way ahead of its time using
Sunspot counts and the Pacific ocean temperature anomalies
of La Niña and El Niño for predictions. Then throw in some
outer planet orbital dynamics and witchcraft and you
got my attention!
Guess what the Sun and witches say?
It's gonna get cold.
Our Sun is a sleepy star.
And the Sun is boss like it or not

I think there is some correlation between cosmic rays and rainstorms. A single cosmic ray, really a ultra-mega-high energy photon can create a shower of billions of particles extending for 60 or so miles, which induces rain. Solar spots create solar flares and magnetic field changes which can interact with the Earth as well. Perhaps Jupiter and Saturn have some effect in terms of magnetic fields. And the Moon would have some shielding effects as well as affect the tides.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

It is interesting what you point out about the yearly upgrades to the predicting technology. Since I am not in the field I wouldn't know this kind of detail, however it makes sense, most computer programs have regular updates for improvements. & in thinking about that and then comparing it to this "secret formula" of which has not changed since it began being used, yeah it is kinda a conspiracy. Here we have a formula with no advancements and it supersedes our technologies of the day ? Wrapping my head around that one !

If it is more accurate, then wouldn't we be using "the formula" when possible to help prevent lost lives ? Perhaps they do and we just don't know. After all I imagine that the appointed weather bee is someone who was once a "local meteorologist" who has been given the opportunity to bee the keeper. I wonder if the weather bee keeper gives each of our local weather folks data to help when the situation becomes a level that is determined to be dangerous to human life ?

leolady

top topics

join