It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Purpose Of Wind Turbines Mass Hypnosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Small to medium sized wind turbines providing local power have their uses. Large turbines connected to the grid don't have an obvious purpose.

Taking all factors into consideration the ecological impact of large turbines outweigh the benefits. There doesn't seem to be much point in linking the many ATS threads or exterior links covering the numerous aspects of ecological damage caused by large turbines, you can look them up yourself.

I don't feel the arguments given for turbines being white and glaringly obvious are sound.

I now wonder if the true purpose of these large, white turbines is mass hypnosis.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Is The Purpose Of Wind Turbines Mass Hypnosis"

Almost spat my pizza all over the table...
Thanks for this good one, that made my day!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I now wonder if the true purpose of these large, white turbines is mass hypnosis.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This ranks up there with "clouds are holograms" in dumb ideas...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I thought their purpose was to generate electricity. It would appear that most of them are too far from population centers to have very much mass effect. I also don't think watching the blades go round and round and round and round and round ... will have much effect on most people.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Please explain why small to medium have a purpose but large dont and please dont use some crazy dude covered in tinfoil on YouTube videos as your explanation.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This ranks up there with "clouds are holograms" in dumb ideas...

Hold on. They're not?!?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We need a hell of a lot of wind turbines to power the whole country. The bigggest is currently off the east coast, London Array. I worked out on night that we'd need something ridiculous like 50 (might have been 154 but can't remember) of the same size to power 100% domestic. That doesn't include commercial AND it needs to be windy because we can't store the power!

Add to this the fact that coal stations still have to burn coal constantly because it's needed for when it isn't windy and it takes far too much coal and time to power up every time there's no wind.

Yet the government still funds. Siemens have received millions from the government for wind power generation. They are turning it all to profit.

Someone's getting rich.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No they are only for making electricity and killing birds.

We already have Facebook for all our hypnosis needs.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

That's not really true. Part of the electrical capacity in Central Texas comes from Wind Turbines in West Texas. How do you think they use the massive electricity generated at Niagara Falls? Most of those "can't transmit electricity" stories are just political, not science. How do you think electricity arrives from coal plants? Do you think they are all located in cities?

As to the OP postulate... No, it's not for mass hypnosis, that's what television and the internet are for, and your smart phones. And yeah, we use them anyway.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No. The purpose of wind turbines is so that Green Townies can industrialise the countryside, kill bats and birds and make money for landowners.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Truly a hoot.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Small to medium sized wind turbines providing local power have their uses. Large turbines connected to the grid don't have an obvious purpose.

Taking all factors into consideration the ecological impact of large turbines outweigh the benefits. There doesn't seem to be much point in linking the many ATS threads or exterior links covering the numerous aspects of ecological damage caused by large turbines, you can look them up yourself.

I don't feel the arguments given for turbines being white and glaringly obvious are sound.

No

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Most wind turbine farms are far away from major population centers, so your argument makes no sense at all.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't that only be a possibility if all of the windmills are turning in synchrony? Most wind farms I've seen, you've got a mixture of windmills going faster, slower, some not at all, and no group of them are following any particular rhythm together. Seems like the potential hynosis would be limited at best.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can believe they are more trouble than they're worth as far as energy and environmental benefits go, but I can imagine the company that sells uselessly large wind turbines convincing someone to buy them too lol

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The purpose of wind turbines is to create clean, renewable energy. No conspiracy here, move along.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Here in Britain they are all visible from population centres and/or major highways.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Using the electricity generated for personal or co-operative local community use in an off-grid area is an advantage. In an area that has the grid independence from the grid with all problems is made possible for electricity users.

Large turbines connected to the grid financially and environmentally cost more than they save.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join