It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Problems HOA? - Faster Than Years In Court. Solve Problems FAST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If there was a “mediation group” for hire that homeowners could hire to “talk” to their HOA directors and officers then neighbors can start being reasonable with each other. I think people should stop hiding behind lawyers to have fights!

1) Maybe meet HOA directors their homes or places of business. (hire someone to deliver flowers/pizza) Flower/pizza deliver guy can be a cover until they meet the “security guards” that are hired for your protection. You can “talk” to your neighbors and HOA directors face to face! If they refuse to talk with you….Video tape them slamming the front door in your face. That will look good on a blog! Send the blog to email everyone in your neighborhood.

2) Send your HOA directors a pizza/donuts with a hand written note that you will be meeting them soon to talk face to face.

3) Does an HOA director have an arrest record? Its public, publish the information on your neighborhood watch blog. Has your HOA director been arrested or ever had a DUI? Well tell your neighbors about it as you want them to be informed right? www.consumersreview.org... (its legal!)

4) Completely take the HOA directors by surprise by interrupting a business meeting, meet them at lunch on their way to the car…. hire protestors to hold signs behind them, hire a flash mob…. And much more. It may be more effective than letter after letter and court case after court case. Let their co-workers know what jerks that they really are! (its legal)

5) Plus with that add a document dump, naming Facebook, Twitter and webpages AFTER the directors and officers. Show photos, use recordings, video, drop documents, court records and anything that is “legal” search private investigation sites to “uncover” things in your neighborhood! www.consumersreview.org... (yes this too is legal)

6) If the HOA lawyer sends you ONE letter, respond back with 25, or 50 letters to the attorney. All slightly different on different days a few days apart. The lawyer will be delighted to charge the HOA $250 an hour to respond to each of the 50 letters… ( lawyer saying “lets see… I’ll add $12,500 more to the HOA invoice this month!”)

7) Someone can put this together with a “special group of security guards” that understand the situation. The are there for your protection to watch that things do not get out of hand. Make a meeting place where the HOA directors are NOT expecting you to show up. Someone (not you) calls them for a business appointment to meet them for an estimate or other business arrangement…maybe outside their place of business, a park, a restaurant… for a real meeting for a real business project.

8) Only the person showing up is NOT the person wanting the estimate… The person meeting the HOA director is YOU and your security guards will slowly start to walk up and surround the group (not threating them in anyway… they are there for your protection) while you explained that the meeting was canceled and you took this time to want to resolve your HOA problems. Explain that you met in public and you hope there won’t have to be a meeting at their house after hours.

9) Be SURE to have someone video tape the meeting in public.. get the SCARED as # expressions on their face. This video will protect YOU as you know that they will lie about the encounter. IF they do not # their pants then you may be able to get them to “resolve” the problems LIVE RECORDED on video tape.

10) Its legal to hire a body guard, its legal to walk into a place of business, its legal to post public records that are available. Its legal to write blogs, its legal to protest, threatening to harm someone is NOT legal. But making an ass of yourself, meeting someone at lunch and surprise him with a “flash mob with signs” and protest at his place of business IS legal… “get it?” (remember video tape and publish everything!) send this to his office and place of business!

11) Publish the video on your blog and send copies of the blog to all of your neighbors In the community.

www.expertsecuritytips.com...
www.fox19.com... (here is a nice story!)
www.vice.com...
radiichina.com...

IT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL to meet someone in the public with your security for protection and a video to protect your interests. This is a LOT cheaper than 20 years in court.

So what do you think? I really want to start to put something like this together for HOA abuse cases. I think LOTS of homeowners will want to hire someone to do this for them…

Thoughts? Please be serious I am very serious about cutting out all the legal crap and making people use their heads.

MUST SEE! www.atompark.com... and sendpulse.com... You can gather and send emails to anyone from anywhere. I targeted news reporters and sent my story all over the country! I targeted Bellville Texas and sent my blogs to every residence and business!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: whistleblowernow

Good luck trying to win over HOA boards. They are entrenched control freaks, Lording over their little fiefdoms, laughing at your attempts to be reasonable.

Microcosm of corruption and bureaucracy.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Hence your name. You really are rather good at this sort of thing. I bet many don't get the better of you.

I have had to become a lot more defensive. You have to these days. I really don't like it, but things do go wrong and if you don't stick up for yourself it is you who has to suffer innocently.

I'm all for empowerment. I think it is clever that you are turning the tables this way. I think they would find you a night mare to be honest; I know I would, lol.

You could set up a firm specializing in this. You would get some clients I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good luck trying to win over HOA boards. They are entrenched control freaks, Lording over their little fiefdoms

Yep. My parents got a house in a HOA "community". They've been so ridiculous as to literally send people around with a color palette to make sure everyone's mailboxes were painted an approved shade. My parents actually had to repaint their mailbox.
Give pathetic people control over other people's lives, and they'll use every inch of it they can get away with to make themselves feel powerful.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Before I purchased my new home , I asked about an HOA . Good thing they said no.
If someone wants to tell me what color to paint my house, good luck with that . Aint gonna happen.
Neither is an HOA in my neighborhood. And folks have my solemn word on that..
This is the US , not Nazi Germany.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Just take your cue from government lobbyists. Hookers and blow. Works every time.

edit on 20-9-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I have zero sympathy for anyone who buys a home in an HOA neighborhood. Ya knew going in what their rules we're. If ya didn't know the rules of said HOA, it's your own damned fault!

It's real simple, if ya don't like the rules of an HOA neighborhood, don't buy a #ing house there!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The problem with the power wielded by most POA/HOAs is that, within the boundaries of the law, they can do anything they want under the Covenants that you tacitly agreed to by buying the property.

An HOA Board position is a core authoritarian's dream.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well you know what John Wayne said about hoa areas....unamerican.......

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I unfortunately belong to an HOA. All the resident she just got letters saying people will be fined starting October 1st if they do not follow the rules. A couple of the rules are you must store your garbage cans inside your garage. I leave mine in the side of the house where the fence covers them so no one can see them from the road. No way in hell will I leave my garbage cans inside my garage. Talk about a health hazard. Another one is you must seal coat your driveway every 2 years. I installed a concrete patio this past April. These dumb people wanted to know the psi of the concrete. What kind of concrete it was. I told them I'm not driving semis on it. It's going to hold patio furniture. All they need to know is what I'm building in my backyard. Probably the dumbest rule of all is you have to stain or paint your fence. They forced me me to have to install a 4 ft shadow box fence. No exceptions. Then, when I was having it installed, they said it could not be stained. So I never stained it. Just pressure washed it to clean it up. Now, they want to fine me for not staining it. I have had a couple run ins with the president of the board and he is about the biggest libtard you will ever meet. Needless to say, I was going to volunteer to take over a board members spot who resigned. This lady had told the president I would take her spot. Well, he never got back to me and at the next meeting, he put one of his friends in her spot. Then all this fining people for the dumbest things came about. I plan on running for the board come November. My first order of business will be to disband this absolute stupidy of an HOA. They have even said they will walk the property to make sure everyone is following the rules.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Your post is full of ways to escalate HOA and neighborhood problems, and as a HOA member and past Board of Director of my HOA, I advise against all of them But, especially the one below.

6) If the HOA lawyer sends you ONE letter, respond back with 25, or 50 letters to the attorney. All slightly different on different days a few days apart. The lawyer will be delighted to charge the HOA $250 an hour to respond to each of the 50 letters… ( lawyer saying “lets see… I’ll add $12,500 more to the HOA invoice this month!”)

If the HOA lawyer sent you a letter, chances are he's alerting you to a violation. They will take you to court to recover those legal expenses they incurred in order to get you to comply.
edit on 20-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Exactly why I live in the woods.

Thank God, that all the other folks in my area feel exactly the same way that I do about HOA's. The worst idea anyone ever agreed to.

Code enforce is worst because they are government harassment on a bigger scale, then you have the granddaddy monster with the DEP/EPA.

These monster keep growing and growing. They get bigger, and it will always cost you more money, and they take away more of your rights of ownership. Why do we allow them to stay in office, and why does everyone complain but so few fight back?

I admit that it takes a lot of time and a bit of money, but if we fought together the burden would not be as great.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As a past real estate broker, I always advised NOT to buy in a neighborhood with an association. Did you know they can foreclose on your house and many did during the recession?

There are many nice neighborhoods that don't come with enforcement of ridiculous rules. Do you want to own and control your home or let others tell you what to do? Buying with an HOA-never a happy scenario.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My Advice is do not buy a home with an HOA, meeting prospective neighbors makes more sense and you won't have to deal with some Napoleon Complex lounge about that is looking to control otheres to make up for the lack of control they feel in their own life.

Also don't drive to close to people with White SUVs, they are crazy and if it's a women in California in a white SUV, just take the next turn and wait it out.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
As a past real estate broker, I always advised NOT to buy in a neighborhood with an association. Did you know they can foreclose on your house and many did during the recession?

There are many nice neighborhoods that don't come with enforcement of ridiculous rules. Do you want to own and control your home or let others tell you what to do? Buying with an HOA-never a happy scenario.

I never understood why anyone would buy in an HOA unless it was a very light one. For example, when I was househunting I found a place in an HOA but the HOA was literally only in place to collect money to repave the roads in the neighborhood every x many years. The bylaws or whatever they are called were literally only 8 pages long, most of which were just maps, and they didn't mention anything else and hadn't been amended for over 20 years ago. That I could see not being an issue, because it obviously had a practical purpose and hadn't been abused over the years to add stupid crap to make the people in charge of it feel important.

These ones with all the crazy rules? Why not just rent? The whole point of buying a home is to have something that's yours that you can mostly do with as you please, within reason. Of course you have to comply with local ordnances but why restrict yourself even further?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Your post is full of ways to escalate HOA and neighborhood problems, and as a HOA member and past Board of Director of my HOA, I advise against all of them But, especially the one below.

If the HOA lawyer sent you a letter, chances are he's alerting you to a violation. They will take you to court to recover those legal expenses they incurred in order to get you to comply.

Real smart. The homeowner is responsible for any legal fees accrued the association. The best bet is to do what they want or move.

Homeowner associations also protect homeowners by not allowing neighbors neglect to lower property values. Ever try selling a house where neighbors on each side had junk cars, used appliances, and all kinds of assorted junk in plain view? Rotten roofs, peeling paint, weed overgrown yards, untrimmed trees, etc.? This is as much of a danger to homeowners as associations. The key is to get the right board and to stay active in their business.
edit on 20-9-2017 by sligtlyskeptical because: because it was there

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
HOA's are stupid. Anytime something serious popped up, they told me they can't do anything about it.

But they had plenty of time to harass me about my garbage cans outside the day after pickup or that my Christmas lights weren't down by the 15th.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's three days later so I've been wanting to reply ....Ya know what the Bible says about people like H O A crap.......

Why.....well it's " again it "

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
One reason I moved from Ahwatukee Az was HOA,the ones in charge are normally a retired person with little to do,a HOA can take your home from you,think again,if they don't like you can spend endless days looking for violations

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The best advice I could give anyone that lives in a HOA, join it. I was shocked by what I saw and learned. Our covenants were written in a way that did not require homeowners vote. There was a major financial decision (We are talking hundred per month per homeowner) that had to be made and only two people made the meeting. It was up to me and one other person to decide, luckily we both have common sense, but it really frightened me to think what if... The other thing I learned was the people on the board hire on their buddies for lawn maintenance and other services. I am almost positive people are getting kickbacks. The HOA lies, there are laws that I had to point out many times. Most homeowners don't know about laws in their state. For example, many states have laws saying a HOA cannot ban you from using solar or hanging laundry. There are huge risks living in an HOA. For example, we had a pond, a lot of people from other neighborhoods would use the walk around the pond. If any of them got hurt we all could be personally sued. If you did not have umbrella insurance on your house you were screwed. Our HOA's insurance was written in such a way that there was a loophole big as day, and people didn't want to hear it. There was a lady on our HOA that wanted to ban houses being built that looked like hers. I was shocked at how much the HOA badmouthed their neighbors. Our HOA president used drones to spy on everyone. I wish I were kidding. I didn't find it funny or amusing. The more I saw the worse it got, I listed my house for sale and got out fast.

join