It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Democratic Congressmen Arrested For Protesting Outside Trump Tower

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Three Demcratic Congressmen were arrested this morning while protesting outside President Trump's Manhattan residence, to demand action to shield young illegal immigrants from deportation.

Democratic Reps. Luis Gutierrez (Ill.), Raul Grijalva (Ariz.) and Adriano Espaillat (N.Y.) were all arrested while rallying outside Trump Tower.

www.zerohedge.com...

Normally I would say whatever, but taken in conjunction with Pelosi getting shouted down by illegals yesterday, Iit seems like it is becoming evident that the Democratic party has a problem, and is being driven far left.

There is a contingency of the Democratic base that will not be happy until there are open borders.

I have a feeling we are just seeing the beginning of the struggle for control of the democratic party.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Is it even Constitutional to arrest someone just for protesting?

There is more to this for sure.

& although I wouldn't quite equate wanting DACA with wanting open borders...
I can still appreciate the slippery slope argument.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Looks like more conflicts of interest.

Political "Martyrs" they will become !!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Nothing much more to it. The protesters, congressmen included, sat down in the middle of 5th Ave and refused to move. Pretty quick way for them to get themselves some press time "standing up for their beliefs" and a minor criminal charge that'll probably get dropped.

Protest organizers had said prior to the event that the lawmakers planned to get arrested.

Time.com article

PR stunt.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the info, but I don't trust policeman.
Ima need a second opinion.

PR stunt.

I believe so, in fact any time a politician does anything I believe it's for PR.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

BS like this is exactly why Trump is president.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

That's why I included the link, citizen.

Move along now.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Is it even Constitutional to arrest someone just for protesting?

There is more to this for sure.

& although I wouldn't quite equate wanting DACA with wanting open borders...
I can still appreciate the slippery slope argument.

They were sitting in the middle of the street, obstructing traffic. The right to protest is not a right to obstruct nor a right to create dangerous situations for the public not interested in your little protest.

Grijalva is an attention whore, plain and simple. Not his first arrest for this. He has a history of throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way or when he believes his doing so will grow more support among his voter base.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Pelosi getting shouted down by illegals yesterday,

I had missed this one. However, knowing how things on ATS can get ''spun'', I googled the event and found next to no reference to the protesters being here illegally, yet you label them all in a lump form as ''illegals''. Are you grouping all people who are pro Daca, ''illegals''?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah... That's why I said there is definitely "more to this".

I didn't say that because I thought they'd been hard done by, I said it because I believed they'd obviously provoked it.
I just didn't read the link.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
2018 is going to be a massacre.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Pelosi getting shouted down by illegals yesterday,

I had missed this one. However, knowing how things on ATS can get ''spun'', I googled the event and found next to no reference to the protesters being here illegally, yet you label them all in a lump form as ''illegals''. Are you grouping all people who are pro Daca, ''illegals''?

In the “mic check” call-and-response style popularized by the Occupy Wall Street protests in 2011, the activists declared:

" We remember all too well how for eight years the Democrats laid siege to our communities, raiding and deporting nearly three million people, of our family members and loved ones. Where was your resistance then? Ms. Pelosi, did you think we would forget? We send a clear message to our fellow undocumented youth and community: We are the resistance to Trump! Not the Democrats!

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They will reap what they sow, just like Nancy did! Keep watching!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Maybe they should suspend those congressmen, that is not the way our congressmen should be acting. They are supposed to be dealing with that kind of stuff in congress, not joining in protests.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambleryes, now I see the foundation of your comment. Thank you

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So we are protesting buildings now? hello the prez resides in the white house and is rarely in the tower!

Methinks the far left are protesting for the sake of protesting and it's cringeworthy. I don't mind the left but there is no need to go spinal tap and turn it up to 11. It's hard to watch how they quickly the left has derailed.

Then you have the trainwreck that is the right (see what I did there?) and while my disapproval of Trump is well known I've gotta applaud his 'rocket man' Kim Jong-Un reference which cracked me up, and now Elton John is stuck in my head.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Grambleryes, now I see the foundation of your comment. Thank you

No problem.

Oh and I wanted to add, those protestors were not Pro DACA. They felt Daca didn't go far enough, and accused the democrats as being deporters.

edit on 19-9-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Congressman Gutierrez of Illinois is a certifiable nut job.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

So we are protesting buildings now? hello the prez resides in the white house and is rarely in the tower!

Methinks the far left are protesting for the sake of protesting and it's cringeworthy. I don't mind the left but there is no need to go spinal tap and turn it up to 11. It's hard to watch how they quickly the left has derailed.

Then you have the trainwreck that is the right (see what I did there?) and while my disapproval of Trump is well known I've gotta applaud his 'rocket man' Kim Jong-Un reference which cracked me up, and now Elton John is stuck in my head.

Yes the right is in trouble. The reason is that many republicans secretly didn't want to enact campaign promises such as repealing the ACA, enforcing immigration laws, etc.

Trump forced their true colors to the surface. So you have the people that want what the republicans have been saying first the actual politicians that are more establishment.

The left has dems that are realizing the there hard move left alienated a lot of people and are trying to get back to disscusssing things like the economy, ending wars etc. (all good in my opinion) and then the far left who wants to discusss trans bathrooms, open borders, free school for everyone and how racist the country is.

Perhaps time for a third option.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don't know about the other 2 but Gutierrez has been involved in a number of different ethical/corruption scandals involving paying lobbyists with taxpayer funds link, paying his wife $300,000 from campaign funds link, and other scandals and federal investigations involving real estate deals link

This guy seems about as corrupt as they come.
edit on 19-9-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join