It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian heilocoptor fires on spectators during war games.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So this week is the Russian war games, I read that Putin brushed of the Summit just to attend the war games. Anyways, during the games one of heilocoptors decided to fly down and pretend that they were firing, but evidently it did happen to fire on the spectators. Supposedly, it was just all a mistake. According to them, they also said that were no injuries, but two were injured during the incident. The Russians are not denying that the video is false, they are only denying that the video didn't happen on Monday. lol

www.msn.com...

edit on 19-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow if real that's what a call Aviation accident!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ummm...that guy was within 5' of a rocket impact/explosion...whats the kill radious on those things? If he didn't die he is lucky as he'll!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Accidents do happen during exercises. I'm surprised they were carrying live rounds on aircraft flying near reporters like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It depends on a lot of factors. Did it sink into the ground at all before detonation is a big one.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That's one hell of a mistake. Imagine being the guy right next to the blast. No way he wasn't injured if not killed.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Crumbles because: Smartphone

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It happens.

Back in 2009 a cobra gunship fired a rocket at me during deployment workup training out in 29 Palms.

We had the Docs with us in their humvee ambulance too. Still not sure how they mistook us for a target. Luckily the rocket went just over us and no one was injured.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

jeez talk about close.

I hope he's ok.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Ummm...that guy was within 5' of a rocket impact/explosion...whats the kill radious on those things? If he didn't die he is lucky as he'll!

I'm not sure. Maybe some plane experts on here will be able to tell us.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

My personal favorite was the time the F-16 strafed a couple military guys in an SUV in Utah. Apparently they left brown streaks behind them on the way out the doors.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It happens.

Back in 2009 a cobra gunship fired a rocket at me during deployment workup training out in 29 Palms.

We had the Docs with us in their humvee ambulance too. Still not sure how they mistook us for a target. Luckily the rocket went just over us and no one was injured.

Now that's a little too close for comfort in my opinion. Glad your okay.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Those mini rockets have no concussion to them. He's fine. Probably deaf, but fine.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It was an S-8 rocket. There are something like 8 or 10 different versions, all with different warheads. The HE portion ranges from about 0.9 kg to something like 4 kg. Without knowing which version it was, it's impossible to know the lethal radius that shrapnel might be thrown.
edit on 9/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Those mini rockets have no concussion to them. He's fine. Probably deaf, but fine.

yeah, but what about the his trauma of almost being so close to death. lol....That does take a toll on you.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The explosions were small. He was firing a large black cat at the guy. It was loud and that's about it. If he were in the path, sure, but a larger rocket, the first impact and the concussion would have blown him apart.

Trust me, he's ok.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The more I look at this video it's so strange to me. It almost seems as if the target was meant to be there but the people weren't. That dune only exploded like that because you can see it has been erected and is not really a natural occurring thing. I think the cars and people were not supposed to be there and the pilot probably did not think much about it. Maybe...
edit on 19-9-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe it was a new twist on the snap you cigarette with a whip trick.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I bet!

I'll take the rocket over machine gun fire from an F-16 every time.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This looks like a faked event to me.
I'll watch it again, but it looks like video sorcery!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

To me if you can advance it frame by fame I think you'll see it exploded before impact. I actually had to reach it several times because it looked the the cannon fired by how it impacted. But you clearly see the rocket exhaust trails as they fired 2 off. I could see a bunch of small impacts advancing to the corner of the frame from what looked like shrapnel pieces hitting in a line which is why it looked like auto cannon fire.

<<   2  3 >>

join