It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toys 'R' Us could go bankrupt within weeks as it struggles to pay debts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Online is not going to replace "I want it now" or even "I want to see and touch it before I buy it".
I will shop online see who has what I want and check prices then go to the store most of the time not the other way around. I bet a lot of people do.
Online adds shipping charges. Now a retailer may be higher priced in a store than an online seller but when you add shipping most of the time it's not and you don't have to wait for the FedEx guy.
I do buy things online too but usually it's things I can't buy locally or things that are only available online like some makeup brands.

I used to buy computer stuff online, but the dangers of getting all sorts of malware preinstalled (hard disk drives, USB drives, SSD cards, laptops), mean that I prefer to buy directly from a computer store. But many stores just stock the low-end stuff so that's not much use for me.

The only time I went into Toys'R'Us was to buy games for an Ultra-64 decades ago. They did do online pre-booking for high demand items, but so did everyone else. I just looked at their website just now (www.toysrsus.com) and it could be laid out better (like Amazon or Dabs).

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Toys are is gone

maybe in the end

Human beings are us are gone too!

hahahahahahahahaah

U

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Clearly you're losing it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox
Its a simple restructuring to help their profitability. They even said most of their stores are still profitable. This is basically Toy 'R Us saying "damnit, we adapted to late to the internet/tech model and the long terms debts do not support the correct model for sustained better growth." By voluntarily filing this chapter of bankruptcy, it forces the creditors to legally negotiate better rates so they can take the savings and invest it into initiatives they should have taken a decade ago. They are profitable, but their growth is too slow compared to competitors due more to a lack of IT and outdated business models.

Its like doing the minimum of 40 on the highway while everyone else is flying by at 75-95. Its actually good news that they are doing this as it preserves the brand for our future generations

You notice they are not speaking of selling off divisions, brands or closing stores. Its like when you call your credit card and negotiate a lower rate to help you pay it down. They are not obligated at all to do so. But in chapter 11 they are, so it can help to relieve a big burden the creditors would not otherwise be inclined to agree to.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I went in there the other week .
Kids birthday £38 for Fifa 17.

Certain bay £10 sealed

#ing con merchants.

Hope those investors ( con artists )

Someone pisses in there caviar 👍

you were well ripped off Fifa 18 comes out in like 2 weeks and its £11 in the online pen store just now. ouch!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
www1.salary.com...

Maybe it's time that the pay of CEO's decrease a little. Instead of blaming sales slumps and other problems, maybe these people are over compensated a little.

Maybe the $50 million in cash two years ago was a little excessive and out of line with the markets of these days.

www.bloomberg.com...

I just bought my son a 6v power wheels battery because TRU was the only place that had them. They actually had a sale online and I got it cheaper than anyone else that offered them online.

I blame the CEO and board members for being too greedy when their businesses are directly tied to the market of people visiting their srores.

Do they take a pay cut? Nope they just bleed the companies dry and move on to the next host.

edit on 19-9-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was reading an article which suggested that Toys 'R Us will likely survive this bankruptcy. They're the last major toy store out there, so their creditors (the toy companies) have every incentive to cut a deal with them. It's not like K-Mart, where they're obviously circling the drain, and suppliers are starting to demand payment in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join