It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Humans Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Common in numerous mythologies are tales of serpent/dragon monsters who are often hostile to human beings , In many cultures Mythical gods and Heroes would normally go on dangerous expeditions to slay these monstrous creatures. Could these myths be based on earlier tales of Archiac humans who Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

One interesting thing I noticed was how every ancient culture around the world talked about how their gods battled these reptilian like creatures except for the Sumerians who portrayed their monsters as giant feathered birds with claws and teeth like a lion.

At first didn't make sense until I realized that many Theropod dinosaurs like Velocorapters also had feathers.

It’s believed by anthologists that some Theropods still survived after extinction event where they evolved into Phorusrhacidae ("Terror birds") that survived into the stone age.

edit on 11-9-2017 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've always thought it odd that many ancient cultures had myths and legends regarding dragons.. like big foot they are worldwide phenomenon, it leaves me open to the idea that there could be something to it..

Nice thread..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

NO. No they did not. Until concrete proof, not cirumstantial shows up. The answer is an emphatic No.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Did you ever watch the flinstones! They sure as heck did!

Ok a serious note I would like to think we did. But I have yet to see any evidence that supports my thoughts!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Some species of large reptile may have overlapped. I think that is the answer.

Dinosaurs and people is Hollywood history. The old-fashioned Mandela effect.

1,000,000 years B.C.?

Raquel Welch though...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Short answer, no. Dinosaur skeletons exist in very different geological deposits to human skeletons.

But, let us not forget things like the Crocodiles, and other survivors of the dinosaur era, who did interact with humans, and would have seemed quite weird and ferocious things.

I'm quite certain the Komodo Dragon and other large lizards lie at the root of many dragon legends around the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I think your answer reads best when re-worded as;

We don't know. Science doesn't have a clue. Until concrete proof, not cirumstantial shows up. The answer is an emphatic we don't know.

As always, an absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

No don't reword what I said. That might work in your brain.

There is no evidence that dinosaurs which had died out tens of millions of years previously, survived to the modern day. Unless you count BIRDS. some of which can trace to certain dinosaurs.

What you are more likely to have, is the various megafauna birds, like the Moa, being recorded. If you look at what a Moa at its largest looked like, you will get the confusion.

So yeah, don't reword what I said, to satisfy your own biases thanks.

Oh and science does have a clue. I am a scientist. I work and get paid in the sciences.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Viewer comment:

Jeff Gagen
Jeff Gagen
1 year ago
As an Aussie. I want to say " Sorry world. We let him escape his holding cell." If you see him please return him to us, postage forward. Thank You.

Ken Scam is living proof that there's no such thing as intelligent design

edit on 11-9-2017 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Noinden

I think your answer reads best when re-worded as;

We don't know. Science doesn't have a clue. Until concrete proof, not cirumstantial shows up. The answer is an emphatic we don't know.

As always, an absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.

There are dozens of radiometric dating experiments which show the age of the dinosaurs. And yes, we know.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are the Ica Stones of Peru that have what appear to be dinosaurs on them.

They could be complete fabrications so not sure if that helps your cause or detracts.

There are also tales of large birds on the west coast. Who can say that they know something as a fact until the fact pops up?

I like the mysterious aspect of things. Like a bunch of creatures living in a warm cave in Antarctica! So sure! Why not terrible lizards and people living together in perfect harmony?

Unfortunately, like the wooly mammoth, the time lines do not add up. Besides, we're darn good at killing things that frighten us so, in the long run, dinosaurs would not fare so well against humans. Look at the buffalo. Great, now I've talked myself back to: people suck!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We eat them every day as chicken nuggets.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Nope.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: myselfaswell

There is no evidence that dinosaurs which had died out tens of millions of years previously, survived to the modern day. Unless you count BIRDS. some of which can trace to certain dinosaurs.

What you are more likely to have, is the various megafauna birds, like the Moa, being recorded. If you look at what a Moa at its largest looked like, you will get the confusion.

Oh and science does have a clue. I am a scientist. I work and get paid in the sciences.

Well the world was convinced the earth is flat. Until proof was shown...

Nice to know you're the leading expert on what was around at the dawn of man.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Can you explain how science can make such definitive claims about beings or events from tens of millions of years ago?

Faith in science is very overrated in the West. There is still SO much science cannot explain or even define properly.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I'm not disputing that science can date fossils.

I'm also not disputing that there is no evidence to support the OP other than the images generated by humans many aeons ago.

Did small numbers of animals descended from dinosaurs exist with humans some 150,000 - 200,000 years ago, I don't know. Is it possible, yes it's possible.

I will also say that I am sick and tired of BELIEF existing within apparent scientific opinion. Personally, I'm quite happy living with uncertainty, I don't need to wrap myself up in a blankey made from yes and no so that I can feel all snug and cumfy.

And I will say again, an absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I'm not disputing that science can date fossils.

I'm also not disputing that there is no evidence to support the OP other than the images generated by humans many aeons ago.

Did small numbers of animals descended from dinosaurs exist with humans some 150,000 - 200,000 years ago, I don't know. Is it possible, yes it's possible.

I will also say that I am sick and tired of BELIEF existing within apparent scientific opinion. Personally, I'm quite happy living with uncertainty, I don't need to wrap myself up in a blankey made from yes and no so that I can feel all snug and cumfy.

And I will say again, an absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.

You're contradicting yourself. You don't dispute that science can date fossils, but then you say the absence of evidence does of equate to evidence of absence. So which is it? Do you think humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ONE measly elasmosaurus is apparently TOO much...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I enjoy your threads.
I've always wondered how different cultures got such similar inspiration for their mythical creatures. I doubt dinosaurs, but surely something father down the family tree could have existed then. Hell, things farther down the family tree still exist today. If crocodiles and alligators were to go extinct, and we didn't have photos of them, I could see people in 3400 believing they didn't exist. A giant killing machine, lizard that can reach up to 20 feet, living at the exact same time as humans, would sound pretty outlandish to me, if there wasn't any proof exceot for some drawings of them.

Given the fact that he's clearly Australopithecus, I'm inclined to believe him. He probably has eye witness information

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You're contradicting yourself

No, I am not. I'll give you a chance to re-read;

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join