It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair Defends Call for EU Migration Curbs (Caution ! , contains Blair)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The man who threw open the doors of the UK to unlimited EU migration has today told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that he now supports limitations on EU Migration as a way to get us to change our mind on Brexit , he still thinks Brexit is a mistake and the question should probably be asked again.

Mr Blair's proposals are to "tighten" existing free movement rules, including on benefit entitlement, and seek to negotiate an "emergency brake" on EU migration in certain sectors.

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr show, the former prime minister - one of the most prominent anti-Brexit campaigners - said he accepted last year's Leave vote but that there were ways of controlling EU immigration without leaving.

So , throw the racist population who voted to leave a tasty morsel and they will come scurrying back and accept continued rule from Europe , the years out have office have done nothing to curb his delusional tendencies.

"Brexit is a distraction, not a solution, to the problems this country is facing," he said.

Mr Blair said he believed Brexit would go ahead "unless it starts to become obvious that the public is having second thoughts" - and that "hasn't become obvious yet". "If we put this case to people, maybe they will listen. If they don't - I accept it goes forward," he said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

"If we put this case to people" ?
Tone , you already put the case and the people ignored your intervention , they / we don't trust a thing you say , if you were campaigning for Brexit I would vote against it , now please do what Gordon Brown did and disappear into obscurity.

The only problem I have with Brexit right now are the incompetents leading us into it , the decision has been made and crawling back to the EU cap in hand would be disastrous , it's hardly surprising Tony `Disaster` Blair would be advocating it.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
just as well that most people dont give a toss what that globalist war criminal lieing scumbag thinks!
Why the bbc give this self serving creep air time is beyond me.
he should be in a cell or better on a spike game of thrones style!

he and his chums is in no small part responsible for a lot of the issues Europe and the UK is having to deal with.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Tone , you already put the case and the people ignored your intervention , they / we don't trust a thing you say , if you were campaigning for Brexit I would vote against it , now please do what Gordon Brown did and disappear into obscurity.

Control freaks hate obscurity, they must run things.

We could help obscure him by not making threads about him, unless its, 'Blair arrested! To be tried in Hague for crimes against humanity'.

Doing the talk show circuit. Imagine Charles Manson, free and doing the circuit. He's only guilty of a hatful of murder.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We could help obscure him by not making threads about him, unless its, 'Blair arrested! To be tried in Hague for crimes against humanity'.

We could do that but that won't make him obscure , only he can gift that to us.
There are still moves afoot to get him to the Hague but I doubt it will ever come to anything , justice is only meted out to the plebs.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We could do that but that won't make him obscure , only he can gift that to us.

Imagine talk shows talking about prosecuting Blair, instead of inviting him to speak.

Both the media and gubment offiicials are complicit.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Out of curiosity what is the Brexiteer plan for replacing the thousands of nurses we've lost and the thousands more we're going to lose?

What's the plan to harvest all the food from the fields?

Who is going to run the restaurants and the hotels?

And please don't tell me British workers will do it, because the reason the migrants came here is because all of these jobs were available and weren't filled by British workers.

And please don't tell me wages will go up without the migrants, because Theresa May has suppressed 11 reports now that all show that migrants in the UK have not depressed wages.

I mean, I'm genuinely curious how the nation is going to continue without access to a cheap labour force. And I haven't heard any Brexiteer offer any solutions to the problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
The answer to much of what you raise here is sitting there staring us in the face. The UK already heads a massive Commonwealth of nations that could meet any shortfall in trade and workforce. We already allow people from the Commonwealth to serve in the UK armed forces, and why we do not do a lot more in partnership with this firmly established institution has always been a mystery to me.

edit on 10-9-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

We don't need to nor will we halt migration what we need to stop in uncontrolled migration where every EU citizen has the right to live here , unfettered access has put a strain on our public services and is causing problems for British citizens.

France and Germany put limits on immigrants from new accession countries we , thanks to Blair and Brown we did not.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There are some areas of the UK which have empty shop units on the high streets and streets where nobody wants to live. But those places have high unemployment and lack any money to spend. Sometimes it's because the wealthy people in other parts of the country have bought "second homes" they only use for a couple of weeks each year. Other times, all the manufacturing companies are long gone. Or they are just too far remote to reach by public transport.

But the illegal immigrants all want to stay in the major cities like London and Birmingham. It used to be the case that people would move down south to London when they had restricted career opportunities. Now they stay put.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Tony Pariah Blair?

He still doesn't get it, does he

How thick skinned can anyone be?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

if he is expecting us to bail out greece spain and ireland again he should cough up some of his own money for them .
at least we can count useless greedy chickens that wont be hatching anymore

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The reason they imported millions of migrants from the poor countries, was to fill all the jobs left vacant by all the British people who left the UK by the millions, over the past 50 years, to live in countries like Australia, Canada and NZ, and a few even went to the US, shock horror!!! Where do you reckon the 300+ million British and UK descent people in those countries come from ?
We Antipodeans, are more genetically British than most so called "British" who actually live there.....our DNA is pure, not recently mixed......

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have no problems with old politicians having opinions and starting debates, including Blair.

Blair's motivation to keep the UK in the EU is well known. However, while immigration was an aspect of the "leave" campaign it was not the only one, so just addressing this issue does not resolve the democratic deficit and the EU's creeping federalisation.

Nice one Tony, but too little, too late. Had you done what you are proposing when you had the power to do so, perhaps Brexit would not have happened.
edit on 11/9/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

We somehow muddled through back in the far off days before Britain was undemocratically signed up to the club - when it was euphemistically referred to as the Common Market - and when net migration was actually a negative figure.

curious how the nation is going to continue without access to a cheap labour force.

Who gives a damn about cheap labour? Is that your vision for the future...a load of skivvies fawning and doffing their caps to their millionaire masters as they flash by in their stretch limos?

What will happen to them? Well, I guess they'll go bust.

Boo hoo.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Out of curiosity what is the Brexiteer plan for replacing the thousands of nurses we've lost and the thousands more we're going to lose?

As a person who works in healthcare I can say that foreign healthcare professions work in the NHS because it pays better than back home. If there is a need to employ these people, then they will remain. Why would a Spanish national leave a job when there are no jobs back in Spain? Reports of a "flight" from the NHS are scaremongering.

I mean, I'm genuinely curious how the nation is going to continue without access to a cheap labour force.

Maybe wages will rise and companies will be forced to become more productive. Supply and demand. I know it's not that simple but other countries get by by not importing millions of people who are prepared to work for peanuts.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Time was when a young girl (I suppose nowadays that would include a young man)

who had an aptitude for nursing went into the profession like any apprentice, and

worked their way up.... Now they need a degree!! Which means a large financial

burden on them. They do placements during their course which is actual nurse

training
and they dont get paid for doing it!! Therefor it is costing them as

they are paying (uni fees) and are doing actual work for free!

Maybe ^^^that^^^ needs sorting out.

Migration[edit]
An Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development survey in December 2015 showed that 21.7% of NHS nurses were born abroad, compared with 26.9 in Ireland, 9.8% in Italy, 14% in Germany and 5.9% in France. The UK was the highest exporter of nurses, with more than 50,000 British nurses working in other OECD nations.[35] The Migration Advisory Committee produced a report in 2016 in which they heavily criticised the Department of Health, Health Education England and NHS trusts for not recognising obvious warning signs over a number of years, and "reluctantly" agreed to keep nursing on the list of shortage occupations.[36]

originally posted by painterz
I mean, I'm genuinely curious how the nation is going to continue without access to a cheap labour force. And I haven't heard any Brexiteer offer any solutions to the problem.

^^^^ Perhaps ^^^^we need to keep our trained nurses in the UK

Nurses are not cheap labor and I believe (from people I know) the NHS has a

cracking pension scheme.
edit on 11-9-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

It goes without saying, that I would be very happy if Tony Blair were to be bludgeoned to a fine paste with a large piece of masonry, on live television, so that everyone can see what happens when you decide to be a scumbag like him. Foul, misbegotten, thrice damned bastard he is.

Heres the thing. If you said to me "TrueBrit, if you could have a British exit from the EU, without any changes at the border regarding immigration, would you take it?" I would say yes, because the best reasons to leave the EU, have nothing to do with immigration, or religion, or security, or any of the other concerns of the permanently terrified little children, who soiled themselves all the way to the voting booths, sporting their purple and yellow rosettes, their Britain First pins, their EDL balaclavas and so on.

The best reasons to leave, are solely to do with driving wedges between the corporations which control everything in both Britain and Europe, and the leadership of my country. The idea is to isolate our government, so that we can crush them and force them to act for the people EXCLUSIVELY, without ANY reference, deference, or respect paid to even the most powerful corporate entities and lobby groups, both in the country, and the world.

This must be a country which is governed for the sole and exclusive benefit of those who live here, not those who exploit our workforce for their own gain, not those who exploit our consumer base to make appallingly vast profits for no actual reason, like hedge funders, arms dealers, oil companies and the like. The only way to make that happen, is to do the groundwork, and separate our government from its supporters outside our country, in preparation for the further work ahead. Failing to do this, means that our government would be too well supported from without the nation, to be forced to respond to the demands and the needs of those within it.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed this thread! I love a good old Tony Blair bashing!

He's the most hated politician we've had, though I accept he was very popular when in office.

Obviously he can't be trusted. He wants to keep us in the EU as he has still got ambitions to become president one day *shudder*

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
I can't believe I missed this thread! I love a good old Tony Blair bashing!

Obviously he can't be trusted. He wants to keep us in the EU as he has still got ambitions to become president one day *shudder*

He wishes....

He missed that slot!!

Don't think there's much regard left for him there!!

new topics

top topics

join