It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens an ElectroMagnetic Pulse -EMP- Attack Against The USA - Horrific Damage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
September 7, 2017

If Kim Jong was making this threat a year ago, no one would take him seriously. But, since North Korea keeps surprising the military, intelligence, and scientific communities of the world with his leapfrog advances in weapons development, an EMP attack is entirely possible.

Excerpted from: www.breitbart.com...

WASHINGTON, DC – North Korea has, for the first time, threatened to wage an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack against the United States.

Shortly after North Korea launched its sixth nuclear test using an H-bomb, the “Hermit Kingdom’s” leader Kim Jong-un issued a statement through its state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) claiming the weapon “is a multi-functional thermonuclear nuke with great destructive power which can be detonated even at high altitudes for super-powerful EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack according to strategic goals.”

I don't know the science behind an E.M.P. explosion, but the article describes how it "fries" a country's electric grid. A military expert on TV today said that the damage would be far worse from a single EMP explosion above America, than it would be if a nuclear bomb exploded on the ground.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said today that President Trump was/is wasting his breath by threatening Kim Jong with "Fire and Fury" punishment, because he's not intimidated or deterred by tough talk.

I think we should start striking his ICBM missiles before they lift off into the sky. We might get lucky and blow up Kim Jong in the process, since he likes to sit in a lawn chair with binoculars, and watch them take off. He's getting too big-headed and confident...which makes him even more daring and dangerous.

ATS family, do you think the world would now be more "understanding", if the United States begins destroying North Korea's ICBM missiles, before they're launched, or while they're in flight over water? Or, is it too soon for that?

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/8/2017 by carewemust because: minor wording adjustment

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

My God, what will it take for the US/Trump to swat this fly once and for all? I don't care anymore how we do it.

Time to make a stand-we are the USA-are we afraid to show our power or afraid of China and Russia?

Enough already. Blow em up-big and loud so everyone can see our power. That'll shut them up-fast for a long time.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
well, he said he would do it so If the U.S. thinks he has the capabilities to do it they will put an end to that before it even has a chance to start.this isn`t 1941 and pearl harbor , the U.S. WILL put an end to any credible threats to the U.S. mainland before they even start.
north korea will get emp`ed or neutroned bombed before they even get close to emp`ing the U.S. mainland.
sorry china and Russian but we will cover our ass,if you want to get into a third world war over north korea that`s your choice but the U.S. isn`t going to just sit back and suffer an EMP strike from north korea or anyone else.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

My God, what will it take for the US/Trump to swat this fly once and for all? I don't care anymore how we do it.

Time to make a stand-we are the USA-are we afraid to show our power or afraid of China and Russia?

Enough already. Blow em up-big and loud so everyone can see our power. That'll shut them up-fast for a long time.

Woah their cowboy, best not say this out loud as people will start calling you a trump supporter for using your brain.

Ive seen people talking about the threat of WW3 and nukes in general from both sides, but when a country openly threatens the USA with nukes... some of the residents of the USA are saying that Trump is a bad man for thinking about protecting his people.

The main issue is that no one wants to be the person whom starts a war. The international community will condemn the one who shoots first not the one who ends end.

Un will not launch, he never will, the idea of having a nuke is enough as it cements the dictatorships rule, they use it, the full force of China will come down on them (Easy land grab to "protect the world") hard and Un and his little party of maniacs will be tried for war crimes.

It is just a chubby little dictator running his mouth to make himself sound big to the rest of the world so his brainwashed citizens stand in the streets clapping that strange news reader lady.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Man, getting so tired of this yappy little mutt, at the end of the day though I feel he is just a master troll, trying to get a reaction..and it's kind of working.
I would not make the first move unless you want to be responsible for starting WWIII.
China is getting embarrassed at this point..I really want them to be ones to muzzle their mutt.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Firstly, I'm a woman. Never been a hawk-hate wars-hated Iran, Vietnam-etc.
But if we don't start to stand up to this nut we don't deserve to be called a superpower/we'll be known in history as super-puss for an inability to make decisions.

I earlier referenced Teddy Roosevelt-I don't care for Trump but don't get me started on the others-yuk.

Either we take out Fat Boy and do it fast or just let the other Big Shots-Russia, China-show us how to do it. That-would be embarrassing.

What's all that military for anyway? Show? I'm ashamed of our country. Knew Trump was pretty lousy but we know he's not even calling the shots. He's being handled. The bankers are still assessing the situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I was going through some of the messages I missed on Twitter a short time ago and one of them referred to our giving North Korea more sanctions. I wanted to scream.

One of my relatives was talking to me about this crisis and he seems to think that NK maintains a nuke program for defensive purposes and that Kim just wants to prevent another "Libya" in his own backyard. In other words, Kim doesn't want to suffer the same fate as Gaddafi. I disagree.

Imo, if Kim is whacked and evil enough to kill many people - inc. members of his own family - in a variety of ways and places (inc. schoolyards) he is capable of anything, including EMP attacks.

Radiation from Kim's nuke test has been detected by China. China also closed a major border crossing with North Korea:

Defcon Warning System Twitter page

We can't keep kicking this can down the road. We need to take care of this threat before it takes care of us. I say attack NK now....take out their missiles....and Kim's satellites....and him too if possible.

If I hear talk of more sanctions and more diplomacy I am going to throw up.

edit on 8-9-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The North Korean EMP threat is the second most important, followed only by their biological weapons program. With one 10 KT nuclear weapon centered on Ohama, NE they could wipe out 930 km of the U.S. electrical grid. Repairs would take up to a year even under emergency condintions, millions or even tens of millions of Americans would die. There are two ways they could carry out such an attack.

A. ICBM over Omaha - This has its own problems in that GMD might shoot down the ICBM or the missile might go off course. Also the NK might not think their missile CEP is good enough for such a strike.

B. Warhead via Q-Ship - They could use a ruse ship with a SCUD launcher to launch an attack on one of the coast. From the NK perspective they'd want to hit the East Coast to do the most damage. The real question to ask is whether or not the U.S. intelligence community has a good track of where the NK merchant fleet is at any given time.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I wonder what is the source of all his threats?

Did he give a speech?
Was he being interviewed by anyone?
Was it their TV channel announcer that made a statement on his behalf?

I just don't get it man... Seeing headlines of some distant leader in a country we know nothing about making threats just doesn't appeal to my logic anymore. It almost reminds me of a little something:

edit on 8-9-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Good suggestion. My feelings exactly. Why the U.S. keeps saying that "We're against regime change", is beyond me. After investing billions of dollars in intelligence and covert operations, you'd think that we would be eager and willing to get rid of Kim Jong.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You're right. If we begin striking North Korea's weapon sites, and "Dear Leader" launches everything he's got at Seoul, South Korea, the USA will be blamed for those millions of innocent men/women/children's deaths.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If you get rid of Jong-un what comes after might not be better. One thing lost in the discussions about assassinating Chairman Kim is that the random General that takes over might be worse. In fact since Kim killed many of the Pro-Chinese/reform factions upon taking power the chance of that is higher. With North Korea the United State's choices are binary.

A. Attack and wipe out the whole regime.
B. Accept North Korea with ICBM, SLBM, MIRV etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well that certainly changes things a bit if the Intel community has any information that this is true I expect there will be rapid moves made of this item launch goes well.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearDamocles

That ship-based scud missile sounds like it would have the best chance of succeeding. I don't think we have anti-missile batteries up and down the East Coast.

Perhaps we should work harder to beef-up our own coastal missile defense system.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There is so much we could do to beef up our anti-missile defense systems. President Obama decreased funding/cancelled a few of those programs. To make matters worse there is little to no defense against a ship based SCUD/weather balloon. You have to track the whole North Korean merchant fleet. You need to harden our grid against EMP threats. Recently I've seen RUMINT that the United States wants to blockade North Korea's merchant fleet, if I had to take a guess they aren't just doing that for the sake of enforcing sanctions...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Come to think of it, I've never seen Kim Jong speak on camera...or even images of him giving a speech. He's always smiling, or waving, or hugging his generals, or listening to someone explain something to him.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It is not all about pushing red buttons and whatnot when coming up with a solution to eventually eradicate Mr Mars Bar.

Other countries are involved too (especially European countries who are much closer to home and some are allies)

This needs time to be thought out instead of a GUNG HO we saved the planet courtesy of MURIKA... again...

Diplomacy first... patiemce is a virtue and as a EU citizen I think for once the USA has a presiding body to contribute in a positive way'?

Diplomacy is the key word... I hope?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Diplomacy can't solve this crisis unless the United States appeases/bows to the North. The North Koreans under no circumstances will give up their nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearDamocles

If the United States and our allies said that they accept a nuclear North Korea, will N.K. quit threatening all of us? Do you think that President Trump will determine that allowing North Korea to have weapons of mass destruction is the prudent course of action?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Here's a thought, and don't burn me for this it's just a thought, why not make peace with them? Many countries have nukes now and I don't see what makes him any more dangerous than the rest. What is the worst that could happen?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join