It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.2 Million $ Grant for Women of Color will Not Discriminate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Your statement is 100% true. And points out the absolute idiocy of all this. The scholarship is meant separate the races when colleges should be bringing these groups together.

SJW's have a habit of pointing out everyone else's racism and sexism, but take a look at their social media pages and there is where the racism is. And the professors have a huge ax to grind. The poor soles working in a safe college dreaming up new and stupid ways to try to stay relevant.
edit on 6-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
This is great news.... for me at least.... I recently started to identify as a black female... free education here I come!!

And if anybody has a problem with this claim discrimination, racism, bigotry, etc.

Use identity politics against those who use it to discriminate.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...precisely...and while we're at it...shouldn't that cake baker...in their privately funded business enterprise...be allowed to discriminate...erm...selectively sell their cakes to whomever...or not...they choose...? Without the courts forcing them to sell them to persons or groups that they choose not to...of course...

The courts had no right to tell that business who to sell cakes to unless they were operating under a SBA or other govt. funded loan, non discrimination is in the contracts. Perhaps they should have read the fine print.

Signing your economic soul over to the Bureaucracy is a mistake. It always astonishes me why small business don't avail themselves of private foundation grants or loans instead of the SBA.

There is an amazing amount of venture capital available to the savy entrepreneurs. I guess most plebes are satisfied to work for the man....not me!!! I don't do well with authority....I'm always amazed how I made it thru 4 yrs of military service without a section 8.
edit on 6-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It is New York, what would you expect? Plus, I seriously doubt there are very many white females going to that school.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's the "activist scholars" part that worries me.

A bit like military schools...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I guess these scholarships for men should be eliminated too:
Scholarships for males

Sigh.

This whole thread is promoting the victimization of men and white men, or at least it seems that way.

There are plenty of scholarships available to men specifically and some to Christians only and some for single parents (male and female) only and some to male athletes only, etc.

The point of an organization handing out a grant or scholarship is that they get to say what it is for in the process. The national chess club isn't going to give out scholarships for baseball and the "women's soccer league" isn't going to give scholarships out to men who excel at science.

It's ok. It's their right to create a privately funded grant or scholarship just like its rich people's right to create family foundations to spend on whatever they want.

I thought the Right was in favor of such charities?

Unless it gives one advantage to women of color?? Come on guys, you are better than this.

edit on 6-9-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Scholarships should be based on aptitude, subject and skill. Basing it on how someone looks is another tool to keep the races in a low boiling feud.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TonyS

Scholarships should be based on aptitude, subject and skill. Basing it on how someone looks is another tool to keep the races in a low boiling feud.

Scholarships are based on those things, even minority scholarships. No one gets a scholarship just for being black or whatever. There are still academic requirements. The point is that schools often want diversity and the way they do it is through scholarships.

I see what you are saying, but your argument is simplistic and unrealistic.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ummm...precisely...and while we're at it...shouldn't that cake baker...in their privately funded business enterprise...be allowed to discriminate...erm...selectively sell their cakes to whomever...or not...they choose...? Without the courts forcing them to sell them to persons or groups that they choose not to...of course...

The courts had no right to tell that business who to sell cakes to unless they were operating under a SBA or other govt. funded loan, non discrimination is in the contracts. Perhaps they should have read the fine print.

Signing your economic soul over to the Bureaucracy is a mistake. It always astonishes me why small business don't avail themselves of private foundation grants or loans instead of the SBA.

There is an amazing amount of venture capital available to the savy entrepreneurs. I guess most plebes are satisfied to work for the man....not me!!! I don't do well with authority....I'm always amazed how I made it thru 4 yrs of military service without a section 8.

Ummm...I totally agree...

Especially on the section 8 part...

For someone that detests authority as much as I do...my stints in the military...sure seem to belie that notion...

Oh well...I was ever a creature of irony...

How's your new business venture going BTW...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Did you read the story the thread is about? The question I was placing was that the rep for the college could not answer how this is not going to be for women of color only.

From the story.

While she insisted that the program “does not discriminate on gender or race,” she declined to clarify how the program, which is exclusively for “women of color,” does not discriminate against men or white people.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Edumakated

Did you read the story the thread is about? The question I was placing was that the rep for the college could not answer how this is not going to be for women of color only.

From the story.

While she insisted that the program “does not discriminate on gender or race,” she declined to clarify how the program, which is exclusively for “women of color,” does not discriminate against men or white people.

It does discriminate based on race. Being a minority is part of what the grant is designed for. The school spokesperson is an idiot. However, the questions itself isn't that bright either.

Scholarships are based on all kinds of things. I pointed out in an earlier post that there are Irish scholarships. Scholarships for Native Americans. Scholarships for Catholics. There is pretty much a scholarship for everything you can probably think of. I don't really see what the big deal is.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How's your new business venture going BTW...?

ok, I guess...

The film archive LLC of Trumps wall is currently stalled in contract negotiations.

But just optioned a great screen play/script and now looking for investors to float the production. Know any!!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ok. Get someone to fund it.

The White Male Scholarship for White Men to mitigate the racial prejudice of scholarships for minorities and women.

Then again, there are a multitude of scholarships out there for everyone.

White men are included in "everyone." There are merit scholarships that pay half or all of tuition and room/board and scholastic merit scholarships on top of that.

My white male husband received a free education by being an amazing student and for a high level of proficiency in his area of emphasis. Go figure.

Shrug.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yeah and food stamps and Medicaid discriminates against the rich and middle class.
It's a charity that focuses on a specific group in need.
Tell ya what apply for a Pell grant. Your government will give you money for school no questions asked .
They give it to anyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Except none of them are white either. They're just a lighter shade of brown.
Tan, sand, beige, camel, there's no white race.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Simple it is all in the mind.

If it is open to people that feel like they are female even if not anatomically female, then it is obvious that if you feel like a person of color, even if you are not, you are still eligible.

Its feelings. Nothing more than feelings.

Wait. I think that is song.

edit on 6-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Because my computer prints what it wants.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Bluntone22

White is a color....

No its not. White is a mix of all colors of the visible spectrum.

Not that skin color matters.

"White is a colour"
"No it's not, it's all colours"

Shakes head...

Mis quoting members content is as frowned upon an promoting racist views... Anyway, ever heard of a prism? Its this scientifcum piece of glass that breaks visible light into its individual colors.

Yes, light is a combination of all "colors" of the visible and other spectrum. Not that this matters to those with racist views. Their view of things is only skin deep.

Is whte a "color"?

Using your argument, and link, black isn't a color, either.
I have never once seen a person who is white or black, based on your provided link.
Seems everyone on earth is a "person of color", no?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm fairly positive black and white are shades.

Visible light is electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths ranging from roughly 400 and 700 nanometers. In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light.

edit on 6-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I must assume albinos are in a class of their own then. They're being discriminated against. People don't see shades though do they, they just discriminate based on what color they see you as, and most white shaded people are within that classification and therefore being discriminated against. Inequality is a disease, and anyone who understands that, has no business being a discriminator.
edit on 6-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

Except none of them are white either. They're just a lighter shade of brown.
Tan, sand, beige, camel, there's no white race.

Oh I agree, only human, and this isn't a race. Royalty used to be called blue bloods, do you want to know why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join