It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A student found an ancient Canadian village that’s 10,000 years older than the Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
A student found an ancient Canadian village that’s 10,000 years older than the Pyramids

Triquet Island, British Columbia.

For hundreds — perhaps thousands — of years, generations of the Heiltsuk Nation, an indigenous group in British Columbia, have passed down the oral histories of where they came from. The nation claims that its ancestors fled for survival to a coastal area in Canada that never froze during the Ice Age. A new excavation on Triquet Island, on British Columbia's Central Coast, has now backed up that claim, according to local news outlet CBC.

"This find is very important because it reaffirms a lot of the history that our people have been talking about for thousands of years," William Housty, a member of Heiltsuk Nation, told CBC News.

More on what was found:

(screen capped from the site)

The excavation on Triquet Island has already produced extremely rare artifacts, including a wooden projectile-launching device called an atlatl, compound fish hooks and a hand drill used for lighting fires, said Alisha Gauvreau, a PhD student at the University of Victoria.

Source

The source says three times older than the Great Pyramid at Giza. The island is located on the middle coast of B.C., where the nation claims it's ancestor survivors fled during the last Ice Age because of not being frozen.

Great find, one of the oldest found in the Americas. First time I've heard of this while catching it on the current OP article, though it was shared earlier in the year. Haven't seen it shared on this site however.

With this find oral histories turned out to be true, wonder what else will turn up at the site about the history of the area. Such as migration as mentioned in the sources to how they dealt with devastation from earthquakes, and risks to the immediate area-see here- to the overall Cascadia Subduction Zone risk. As well as the two tsunamis that have impacted the site.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Very cool Paleolithic site.

Lots of places are 'older than the Pyramids' though.

Astonishing that their oral history recounts memory of habitation there though. It must have remained inhabited for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Interesting read, but why use the pyramids as a measuring stick, the village should be celebrated in it's own right, I love me some things Egyptian but they are not the be all of all things ancient.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How many times humanity had to start over?...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The many story's I've heard on the pyramids,no one knows when they were made,I'm certain there are many true story's from hidden artifacts that have been suppressed,we are only told the story as they want it heard

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Interesting read, but why use the pyramids as a measuring stick, the village should be celebrated in it's own right, I love me some things Egyptian but they are not the be all of all things ancient.

It helps people put into an easier context to understand, even though they almost certainly got the age of the pyramids incorrect.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Cool find.
I couldn't help but notice Alisha Gavreau has a serious set of man hands on her. Congrats to her.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Not many. Since some stayed in the area others migrated further south. I can bet if they find remains and run DNA analysis you can trace it back to Asian and down to south and central america. Which fortifies that people migrated from Asian and didn't come from Atlantis or some pseudo archeology like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No atlantians, just beringians or north east asians, but not "asian" as most people think of in terms of physiology, as the classic asian physiology had not yet evolved,, in fact the oldest human remains with a definative proto "asian" morphology,

As to the age of the site, it is old but not that old compared to other new wolrd sites. When that site was occupied, people had been living in california for nearly 50k years already, at a site long forgotten by the academics.

The most important part of this find is that it sets a temporal bench mark by which the traditional oral histories can be gauged, and those oral histories tell some fantastic tales.

As a matter of fact the people referenced in the article speak the same language family as some Native Californians, who have tales of a time when the San Joaquin Valley was a cold foggy place that did not know the sun, and was already inhabited when these people arrived, from the eastern desert.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The DNA will be misleading, becasue as these people were moving south, earlier people were moving north from south america into north america.

I strongly suggest reading this piece to get some perspective.

From Mesa To Monte Verde

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

This assumes the age of the Giza pyramids to be around 3600-4000 years.
The last couple decades of archaeology, especially when paired with astronomical data have all but turned that number on its head, instead suggesting a true age of over 12,000 years.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
pyramids are not very old, and represent a collection of much older advanced african civilizations at certain peak points

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Please, archaeology tells us no such thing.
In fact archaeology tells us that there small villages along the nile at the time, they did not use pottery yet. They were not farmers yet, nor were they herdsman yet.They collected wild seeds and ate river perch.
They came in two basic body types and they fought with each other over good spots on the river.
The stone tools and particularly grinding stones for seeds, they used had not changed much in 10,000 years.
We can find plenty of evidence for this, yet strangly absolutelty no evidence fof the state centered society required to have access and control over the people needed for projects on that scale.
We also find absoluetely no evidence of any way to feed and house the multitudes required for such endeavors.
We do find scattered small family unit(20-40 people) camps and some larger (200-300 people) actual villages. It appears those two people fought alot.
We find evidence of contact with anatolia, thats where the cattle and grains would ultimateley come from 5000 years later, and feed and haul for masses of people building the pyramids some 7000 years later.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Why? Because most people need it put into bite sized chunks with familiar yardsticks. That is the level of average human day-to-day knowledge. Dinosaurs, pyramids, now, next paycheque day, birthdays of loved ones, retirement and the long dark sleep. It would be sad if it weren't so damn frustrating and anger inducing to me. Surely we are going backwards if when the farther back you turn time, the general capability and intelligence of the average human seems to increase.

Places like ATS usually give some hope though, the average on here is much above the species average...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yeah, maybe they should have compared it to Gobekli Tepe instead

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

That would have been a good one, or Jericho

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

That would have been a good one, or Jericho

Thank you, I love coming to ATS and actually learning things. Am a history buff, and one site I was not familiar with. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Excellent find! Nice to see old oral legends supported by evidence. I wonder what else they will uncover there, in time? Old finds of that sort can give us a lot of data.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The Egyptian pyramids are much older than claimed in the so-called "history" books.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88
The Egyptian pyramids are much older than claimed in the so-called "history" books.

I am not doubting you, but any links to back this up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join