It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever try to bomb your reputation?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to bomb your own reputation with a whole lot of silly nonsense just to get out of:

1.Some kind of group endeavor
2.A girlfriend
3.Any other thing you didn't see the reason for?

Ever get surprised that people you liked (cause who gives a flip about the haters) actually thought you'd changed your total opinion?

Reason being, because I have. And it sucks big times. But a man's gotta-

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This^..
edit on 1-9-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This can also refer to a we

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A Handel..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
.-

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Please don't start a joogly moogly...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

edit on 1-9-2017 by mericks74 because: Oh! ......

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Who are you talking to?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yeah, keep in mind this has nothing to do with my propensities in real life as I'm talking mainly in the internet and non monetary sense. Well nothin doin. I salute u...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Don't. That's weak.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I generally tend to go about life, very much aware of two things.

First, I know what I look like, and how shallow human beings are. I know that because they are often shallow, foolish, vapid and too obsessed with the surface of things, that they have a tendency to prejudge people based on their appearance. Because my appearance, according to the terminally thick, conflicts with my intellectual capacity, people tend to remember me, and because my actual manner, as well as my way of thinking, are so starkly contrasted in their opinion, with my appearance, I make impressions on people quite deeply.

The other thing I am very much aware of, is that my priorities are not the same as those of others. I do not care much about my reputation, either in my life, walking around my locality, or in terms of the way my conduct affects people on the internet. It is nice, don't get me wrong, when people in either sphere can get along with me for some reason, or appreciate some element of my conduct or commentary, but it is not the reason I contribute here, and it is not the reason I behave the way I do in my local life either.

I do what I do because it suits me to do what I believe is right, to make the best efforts I can to follow my path, to make my own mistakes, to live my own life in a manner which is conducive to holding and upholding the principles I find important. Whether other people appreciate those things or not, is less important to me than remaining true to my core. Reputation is pleasant to have, but at the end of the day, it is not the be all and end all.

Here is the thing about a reputation...

I know many people, and many more people than that know me, know either my face or my contributions here, or know me from local life. They have ideas about me that they formed mostly on their own, about who I am and what I am. Some people know me as that guy at the bar, others as their firm friend and brother, others still as little more than that guy who dresses in a long black coat, and terrifies the trendy people when walking through town.

But life is fragile. I could die tomorrow. Everyone I know could be wiped out in a calamity of some sort, with no warning, leaving me in the ruins of my life, without any familiar faces, surrounded by people who know nothing of me, and care even less than that. Reputation only matters if you believe that the people who have the opinion of you which adds up to your reputation, or indeed that you yourself, are going to live for ever.

I know I will not. Therefore, reputation matters less to me, than living every day of my life with the right stuff in mind. For example, where you might act strangely and out of character to avoid doing something you have no interest in, against your reputation, I would merely be honest. Why?

Because although I have no interest in my reputation, I do have an interest in being honest. If I turn to you and say "Sure, I will sit and watch three hours of conservative propaganda, no sweat!" that would be dishonest. I would hate to do that, it would suck for me. Therefore I would more than likely explain "No, I have no interest in that. I would rather rub my soft parts raw with sandpaper and bathe in lime juice."

A reputation, if its generally positive, can be a lovely thing to have, but it does not matter enough to change the way you act to either maintain or destroy. It is an irrelevant byproduct for me, an accident. The fact that I live my life my way, quite without my design or attention being paid by me to how I come across to others, has garnered me a reputation amongst people I know, am local to. But that reputation for good or ill is not important to me in the least. My opinion of myself and whether I am doing right by my own measure, is far more important.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My opinion of myself is fine, and that's not what I meant. People here keep saying "real life real life" Well, not a single person here actually KNOWS me in real life. I could be a doctor, a business person. I wish folks would quit linking my handle here to any other handle, and then somehow linking it to "real life".

I've tried to make friends here, but people can't help but "real life" me in a way that's intrusive and suggestive...

I suppose you will say it's because I "worry" about my "reputation."

It's silly...this is precisely the kind of junk I mean...overinvolvement in b.s. from people who have no intention of seeing you. So take it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Besides ur profuse w/ your eloquence. You love yourself in mainly your stars here. I don't buy it. But I'm not trying to wrangle because being a wordsmith on here would waste my time.

That is unless ppl play ok.

But I'm not banking on it precisely because it's my life I hold dear. Love it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

mericks74,

People give me stars, thats their look out. I came here to learn from others, and contribute where I have something to say, thats all. Everything else that has happened along the way is nothing more than by product, whether for good or ill.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Is this a come on or a "conversation?"

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You spent the better part of an hour replying to yourself and your last reply to TB makes no sense. Little too much to drink?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So pedantic I'd think you were my father. Except he doesn't do that. Do keep up sweets.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Folks I'm not into an internet "fite". It's boring so...don't. Any questions that are real because I gotta get going. Thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oh look another star getting might as well be a machine person. Well I'm about done with that boring nonsense. Toodles!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And remember...you don't HAVE to mess around with it if you..

REALLY DON'T NEED TO

(Gasp!!)

So long my fwiends!

<<   2  3 >>

join