It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLC Warns of 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' With New Map Identifying Confederate Monuments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Southern Poverty Law Center has published a map of all the Confederate statues and monuments in the whole U.S.

The map also show names of schools, towns, etc. that bear Confederate names !!

And they want YOU to send letters to local papers and whatnot.

There could thousands.

The map on their website is complete with hover features that ID the things !!

Not bad eh.

SPLC Warns of 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' With New Map Identifying Confederate Monuments, Cities, MIDDLE SCHOOLS

"More than 1,500 Confederate monuments stand in communities like Charlottesville with the potential to unleash more turmoil and bloodshed," the SPLC posted with the map (emphasis added). "It's time to take them down" (emphasis original).

The post urges visitors to send a letter to the editor of their local newspaper. "White supremacists incited deadly violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last week in defense of a Confederate monument. We must show the country that [your city's or county's name] gives no safe harbor to such hatred. We must remove the monument at [location]," the sample letter read.

"If our government continues to pay homage to the Confederacy, people of color can never be sure they will be treated fairly," the letter continued. "And we will never solve our community's problems if an entire group of citizens is alienated or feels targeted for discrimination."

click on the map to open

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks to me like they aren't warning about turmoil and bloodshed, but promoting it!

I mean if people in these locations aren't worried about their statues they certainly will be magnets for a SJW circus soon?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They are a more racist and bigoted organization that the KKK or the Neo Nazis...Always have been...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
They are a more racist and bigoted organization that the KKK or the Neo Nazis...Always have been...

And another odd thing.

All those white supremacists killed a couple hundred thousand white people during the war !!

And the Confederate States had quite a few Native American regiments.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I would seriously consider the Southern Policy Law Center a terrorist group.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Handy map for anyone planning a riot...

Just saying.

These guys sure hate General Lee especially for some reason. I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about him before this year.

I always thought he was just a car that jumped bridges myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Never heard of them until now. Hit the Wiki. 250 employees and they generate $400 mil a year. Wow. That said, this is idiocy.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

How is this not promoting domestic terrorism?

This SPLC is a hate group.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How is this not promoting domestic terrorism?

This SPLC is a hate group.

How *is it* domestic terrorism? You might make an argument for "hate group" but that's really bull# too. Maybe you could just go with they go a little overboard with their categorizing? But then again, so do you.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Looks like they're trying to kick the summer of rage into overdrive before it ends.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Handy map for anyone planning a riot...

Just saying.

These guys sure hate General Lee especially for some reason. I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about him before this year.

I always thought he was just a car that jumped bridges myself.

You're just being absurd. Nobody ever had a bad word to say about General Lee? Is he a much beloved children's book character?

As for this "handy map for planning a riot" business. Come on.

1. What rioting over monuments is happening?
2. What person who would riot would need this?

Is it a handy guide for casual rioters? People who travel the country rioting on the weekends because they grew bored with antiquing? Do you think there are a lot of would be rioters who are going to look at the dot and say, "OMG! THERE'S A DOT RIGHT NEXT TO ME! MUST RIOT!" because they kept missing the big ass statue of a guy in confederate garb, riding a horse, featured prominently in the courthouse square?

These things aren't hidden. They're not hard to find. Quite the opposite in fact. You're being melodramatic.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Never heard of them until now. Hit the Wiki. 250 employees and they generate $400 mil a year. Wow. That said, this is idiocy.

I wonder how much of that is government grant money.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

350 mil are "endowments". From who? Speculate.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Christ. If anyone is being melodramatic it's you with that response.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

350 mil are "endowments". From who? Speculate.

I wish I was that well "endowed".

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I read their last yearly audit. What I find to be highly interesting is that the SPLC reads like a private investment company which plays the market with their money, and more of their money is in "Non-US equity funds" than in "US equity funds".

They admit massive endowments, some of which are stipulated to be used for only certain "times" and certain "purposes" only. They do NOT say where the money comes from, but they're doing a bang-up job in the stock market. Most of their money is used for gambling in the market, tax free. Sweet deal if you can swing it.

They don't spend that much on people or cases, most of it is invested, and this past October, apparently a bunch of it was released from its temporary restrictions and moved into the category of money that is liquid and can be used. Seems to me it was timed just in time for a change of leadership in the White House.

Many people state that Soros is giving them a lot of money now, which is backed up by how much their money went up last year compared to previous years. Some Big Daddy Warbucks is funding this fraud.

They hold "tax exempt" status, so they have no business playing politics. This nonsense about poor minorities being upset over monuments, etc., is their way of holding on to their ability to play the market and NOT PAY A DIME, certainly not capital gains taxes the rest of us have to pay if we play in the market with millions of dollars and don't hide behind non-profit status.

They are being used as a cover, IMO. But don't take my word for it. If you can deal with the dullness and the lack of admission as to where they're getting their big bucks from, check it out yourself:

www.splcenter.org...

The "poverty" in their name is an oxymoron. They are a front for our destruction. Read between the lines. If they're going to play this political game, their tax-exempt status should be removed!!
edit on 30-8-2017 by FissionSurplus because: grammar

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Here is some good information on the SPLC! Seems like any group that is anti American, Soros seems to always pop up?

The Soros-supported Southern Poverty Law Center

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I find it disturbing that when I try to click on your link, NOTHING HAPPENS. When I click on my link, it works. Your link, because of the Soros nonsense, is not working.

What a coinkidink......

I went on and copied and pasted. NOTE this is from 2012, 5 years ago. Soros has been funding this defamation machine while rewarding them with money to play with and hide in offshore bank accounts for years, apparently:

The Soros-supported Southern Poverty Law Center by Cliff Kincaid on 27 May 2012 In a story about the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) accusing conservative Christian groups like the Family Research Council of “hate,” The Washington Post described the SPLC as a “civil rights organization.” But The Social Contract, a public policy journal, investigated the SPLC in a recent issue and found that it used “ritual defamation” as a weapon “to advance a far-left agenda and a device to raise more money from gullible liberals to add to its $200 million slush fund.”

The SPLC is a “slime machine” that has also targeted the Eagle Forum, the Heritage Foundation, Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Rep. Steve King (R-IA), and Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), The Social Contract says. Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center appears on Moscow-funded Russia Today The “slush fund” reference is to the $200 million in “reserve funds” that its directors have invested “in hedge funds and offshore bank accounts in places like the Cayman Islands,” The Social Contract claims. While the group claims to find political extremists on the right (and once labeled this writer a member of a sinister group of “Patriots” for writing critically of the United Nations, President Obama, and the homosexual lobby, among other things), it is the SPLC that has an agenda far outside the mainstream. The group’s “Teaching tolerance” project even ran an article praising unrepentant Communist terrorist bomber Bill Ayers as a “civil rights organizer, radical anti-Vietnam War activist, teacher and author.” An “editor’s note” goes so far as to say that Ayers “has became a highly respected figure in the field of multicultural education.”

In fact, his past is finally catching up with him, as law enforcement authorities investigate his possible role in the 1970 bombing murder of a San Francisco policeman, and his former employer, the University of Illinois, rejected his request for “professor emeritus” status because he and his wife Bernardine Dohrn had dedicated a book in part to the assassin of Robert F. Kennedy. Since RFK was opposed to the Vietnam War and was in fact the leading anti-war candidate at the time, this makes the claim of Ayers being an “anti-Vietnam War activist” a total lie. Ayers favored the war but wanted the communist North Vietnamese to win. They did, with the help of Ayers and a liberal Congress cutting off aid to non-Communist South Vietnam. While the Post and other liberal media treat the SPLC with respect it does not deserve, the Social Contract has carried a series of articles exposing the SPLC, including one by a left-winger, Ken Silverstein, who notes that the group’s headquarters has become known as the “Poverty Palace.” Silverstein quoted one authentic civil rights leader as calling one of the leaders of the SPLC a fraud and a con man.

sorosfiles.com...

In fact, Soros has been linked to the SPLC for many years now, first defending the Obama administration, and now pushing for civil war.

I would go as far as to say that they are a fifth column within the United States, acting on behalf of communism and the destruction of this country.

Note that I had to copy and past what your link stated, and go separately from there. Soros SO hates to be exposed. This is fomenting civil war by printing a list of this type, and they are guilty of sedition.

edit on 30-8-2017 by FissionSurplus because: important additions

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: theantediluvian

Christ. If anyone is being melodramatic it's you with that response.

Just responding in kind.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
a reply to: seeker1963

I find it disturbing that when I try to click on your link, NOTHING HAPPENS. When I click on my link, it works. Your link, because of the Soros nonsense, is not working.

What a coinkidink......

Odd, I just clicked my link just to make sure I copied it right and it came right up! Your link was great as well as far as the money trail!

<<   2  3 >>

join