It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois ... a sanctuary STATE? Governor signs new law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow ... Illinois Republican Governor Bruce Rauner has just signed a law that prohibits state law enforcement from assisting federal agents trying to enforce federal immigration laws in the state.

There are two sides to this issue, for, and against. I must live in Illinois, and personally, I must say I am against this, because I work a job here, and the only way to pay for food, housing, and healthcare for illegals in this state -- which is already beyond bankrupt by the way -- would be to increase taxes on working people like myself.

Why should I pay for these people, who are already breaking federal law?

Illinois is going down the hole into the financial abyss anyway. What is the rationale for this by Mr. Rauner?

www.dnainfo.com...
edit on 30-8-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: added the word Governor

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

What is the rationale for this by Mr. Rauner?

Perhaps he is one of the many who are on the Bash-Trump-and-Anything-that-He-Stands-For Train?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
LOL!
Just wow.

That bankrupt, broke city.

And there sporting events every weekend...errr multiple murders....this is a great idea!

Not it mention MS-13 runs the drug trade there.

What could go wrong?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds like this state needs to understand the meaning of rule of law. Perhaps it should start with Armored convoys purging the streets of Chicago of the rotten elements which have occupied the communities of millions in violation of their liberty, civil rights and American sovereignty. These are people who operate with loyalty to others that are not the USA, therefore are enemy combatants and should be treated as such.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If he did that,, he's basically violating the law. How can one claim it's against the law to follow the law? Makes no sense. I feel for you, having to be in a state where that happens. Not like we can all just ove whenever we want.

You are correct, too, that raising taxes for citizens is the only real way to pay for these criminals.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't federal law above state law?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm sure losing federal funding will solve all of Illinois' massive debt and budgetary woes!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Are they declaring their own little Civil War with the USA? Frankly, seceding would save the federal government a lot of money as they continue to kill off their own citizens and hire mafia as leaders. Wonder why Obama isn't saying much about his "home" state-and arn't Michelle's family still there?

To defy a federal law will cause Congress to pass laws to punish them by removing financial aid-and Illinois has already destroyed their economics. They will have to capitulate-don't they know they are punishing their own people?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Let the RINO/Globalist come out of the wood work!
As pissed off as it might make you, if you live in one of these states find someone to REPLACE THEM!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They have to draw residents TO Illinois somehow, since all the productive folks are leaving in droves due to taxes and imminent failure of State funds management. While the illegals won’t be making the salaries of those leaving, some taxes are better than no taxes is likely what the Dems there are thinking...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

They should be kicking in his office door and dragging him out by his neck in cuffs.
Another anti-American piece of sh!t.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
They have to draw residents TO Illinois somehow, since all the productive folks are leaving in droves due to taxes and imminent failure of State funds management. While the illegals won’t be making the salaries of those leaving, some taxes are better than no taxes is likely what the Dems there are thinking...

BOOM. I'm pretty sure that's exactly it. As a reluctant Illinois resident myself, I see no other reason for doing this other than to stem the tide of exiting Illinoians. If it wasn't for the fact that my family lives here and my wife has a secure, good paying job, we would be out of here like yesterday.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Look what else he did.

Rauner Signs Automatic Voter Registration Law, Adding 2 Million To Rolls

The new law automatically registers Illinois residents to vote when they sign up for or renew a driver’s license or state identification — unless they choose to opt out.

www.dnainfo.com...

With Rauner's action, Illinois becomes the 10th state to approve automatic voter registration, which is also law in Washington, D.C.

So, when you get a driver's license or a state ID, you are automatically registered to vote. You can opt out if you want to, otherwise it is automatic.

Who got to this governor and what was he offered to do this? It IS Illinois, known for corruption in politics.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Rauner signs immigration, automatic voter registration bills into law

Known as the Trust Act, the new law would prohibit state and local police in Illinois from arresting or detaining a person solely because of their immigration status, or based on a federal immigration detainer. The law would, however, allow law enforcement officials to hold someone if a judge has issued a warrant.

The argument that law enforcement agencies have is that it removes the fear that illegal immigrants have when reporting a crime. If a murder, robbery, rape, assault occurs and the only witnesses are illegal immigrants how likely are they to report the crime?

Also:

Earlier Monday, Rauner signed the voter registration bill, which would add Illinoisans to the voting rolls when they get or renew a driver's license.

That's one stop closer to voter ID.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We could be talking about some drug town in Columbia... Republican Governor Bruce Rauner will likely not see another term, and I'm betting his law will be struck down.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

What is wrong with proving youre a citizen to vote?
Do you not use a drivers lisence to buy alcohol to prove your supposedly old enough?

Im fine with voter id...please bring it

Same folks that dont like the second amendment make me jump through crazy hoops every year to feed my family.

Live her, pay tax here, be a part of our society. To hell with the laws of the country you come from...this is America fit in or +×÷= off

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
president Trump shoild sue the state

these things must stop

the usa is going down

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Did I?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So, when you get a driver's license or a state ID, you are automatically registered to vote. You can opt out if you want to, otherwise it is automatic.

Who got to this governor and what was he offered to do this? It IS Illinois, known for corruption in politics.

Does Illinois give IDs and driver license to illegals like other states?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join