It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
For those who don't know, Joel Osteen is a pastor who now has one of the largest Christian "Mega Churches" in the country. It's in Houston. Who is Joel Osteen?: en.wikipedia.org...

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Osteen — pastor at Houston’s Lakewood Church — has kept the doors closed even though pictures on Twitter appear to show that the Church escaped the brunt of the storm. Lakewood Church — which was formerly an NBA arena called The Summit, home to the Houston Rockets — holds 16,800 people.
Source: www.mediaite.com...

I really don't know what to say. "Shame on you!" is not anywhere near strong enough. Talk about giving Christians and Christian Pastors a bad reputation! Jesus.

-CareWeMust

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well colour me surprised

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I bet he caves and opens it up.. But can you blame him after the Superdome disaster and Katrina?

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What a dick!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is not surprising but to be honest...did you see how people left the Superdome after Katrina?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I never cared much for Christianity as a religion but I've read the bible in it's entirety this seems decidedly unchristian.

Pretty sure it mentions that you should help those in need, then there's that whole "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." thing.

I dunno I think this megachurch owner is in for a surprise when he dies if his religion turns out to be true.

Although I have to say these megachurch types in America have always seemed suspect to me. I doubt any one of them believes a word of what they preach, it's just a nice scam they've got going on.

+48 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Maybe his church is underwater.......

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Maybe somebody will exercise "Eminent Domain" !!

Who can do that?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I bet he caves and opens it up.. But can you blame him after the Superdome disaster and Katrina?

WWJD?

Somehow I can't see him saying, "Nope, not in my father's house! Did you see the Superdome? Filthy poor people."

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
he just being a good christian .

+9 more 
link   

And he's keeping those doors locked... tax free.

Bastard.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Abysha because: Goddamn phone...

+16 more 
link   
It's not like he wouldn't get millions of dollars in donations to repair any damage that was done to the Church if he did open it up.

It's not like he couldn't hire private security and house families and children and the elderly and disabled and pay to have food handed out to all of those in need.

What a scumbag.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The bigger the church the greater the hypocrisy.
It's all about money to him but if his income will dry up over the issue he'll change his mind.
Then it will be about 'compassion".
(donations welcome!)

link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's not like he wouldn't get millions of dollars in donations to repair any damage that was done to the Church if he did open it up.

It's not like he couldn't hire private security and house families and children and the elderly and disabled and pay to have food handed out to all of those in need.

What a scumbag.

He cant do that.. That is all gods money not his..God is always broke.

+3 more 
link   

I like how this guy talks the talk but that's about it.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To compare the two is tantamount to sacrilege.

Osteen is, as DB pointed out, a dick. ...and sooner or later, he'll have some stiff questions to answer for.

WWJD? I think it's safe to say he'd not close his church to those in need.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
He cant do that.. That is all gods money not his..God is always broke.

That's because God needs a Porsche and a circular driveway.

Dig deep! Deep into your pockets for Jah-eez-us!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

OK. [/sarc]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join