It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Racists are Racists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Before I get booted for a questionable title, give ear to my thoughts.

When you generalize about a GROUP of people, be they white, black, brown, red, or yellow, you are in effect being racist (more accurately a bigot).
I am so tired listening to interests groups railing about the "other" being racist when that statement is, in itself racist because they are making a generalization about a GROUP of people, a blanket observation about people based on their skin color. If you want to call one specific person a racist that argument may be supported by evidence, but when you label EVERY single person in a specific race as racists, by simple virtue of their skin color, you are yourself, at that moment, being a racist. There is an old saying, I think its from the Art of War, that when you happen upon someone arguing with an idiot, its hard to tell who the idiot is. This finger pointing of racism is exactly the same. Stop with the generalizations please, if you want to give specific examples that is fine,or if you want to label an ideology racist, its ok, but stop blaming an entire race of people, any race of people, for the actions of a few individuals in that group. It does nothing but perpetuate hatred.
Ok, I got this off my chest, now have at me.
edit on 23-8-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've tried using that very argument and it goes no where. They will read it but they won't read it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

stop blaming an entire race of people, any race of people, for the actions of a few individuals in that group. It does nothing but perpetuate hatred.

But thats the idea, to promote hatred, pitting us against one another.

Keeps everyone busy picking at each others faults, instead of the Establishment.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

All Racists humans are Racists

lets take one single event - the Olympics.

Ready for some bigotry?.........good, here we go....

Collectively......

-Black fellas are the best athletes and have the best physiques.
-Yellow fellas are the best at racket sports.
-Whiteys are the best swimmers.

Questions?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am sick to death of people acting like the color of your skin means anything other than how much melanin you have.

It is 2017. We've had 70 + years of genetic research and development that have long since proven how utterly ridiculous racism is.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When I visit my father-in-law in NC him and a lot of his friends use the N word in a very derogatory manner. I don't think they have much love for welfare mothers having a darker skin tone.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Collectively......

Questions?

I suppose next you're going to tell us that men are physically stronger than women.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Collectively......

Questions?

Technically not racist because you are basing those assertions on specific individuals who excel in the sports you mentioned. Now if you go a step further and state that ANYONE in that group is going to be better then it starts to get blurry. But I know what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Collectively......

Questions?

I suppose next you're going to tell us that men are physically stronger than women.

Except Maori women - they'd eat me and you for breakfast.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Can you give an example of what interest groups do this?

I am sure there are individuals or groups that do, however your statement that you are tired of hearing it suggests it is a common experience rather than the exception.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I think they all do to some extent. Go on YouTube, look up BLM, Antifa, some far right groups. I don't want to name a specific one as I might be accused of bias.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Any supremacists group might well do that as a line in self justification. (It's ok to be racist as all these other groups are).

However that really just shows that racist groups are racist. I can't say I have seen the position taken by non supremacist groups (although some individuals might).

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm not sure about that

I think some are bigots

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
It is 2017. We've had 70 + years of genetic research and development that have long since proven how utterly ridiculous racism is.

Doesn't matter, humans have to hate something. If everyone was the same skin color, they'd hate over hair color, eye color, height, weight, etc......hell, just go to any video game forum and look at how playstation and xbox people talk to each other. They even hate each other over video game consoles. lol

I'm a minority who grew up in a small town where the KKK marched the streets as late as the early 70's, and even saw a kid wear his fathers KKK outfit for halloween once. I would love to see racism go away, but I'm also a realist. People need something to hate. Well, maybe they don't need it, but they always find something to hate. Hell, I can't even go grocery shopping without getting road-rage in the store, which isn't helping my misanthropy. lol

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Interesting point, I don't think non supremacists group together. They are just the general population that doesn't see a need to self identify based on ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i worked in retail for almost 20 years...all over the country. the last job I had was serving a predominately black and Latino community. it was myself (white) and one other white guy plus 15 other black employees (that I hired). over the course of three years we had to endure being called racist when dealing with every customer complaint. in any job you have to know the fine line between "customer satisfaction" and being taken advantage of. no matter what complaint came across my desk, it always started with "that little white boy...". countless times I had to defend myself against simply being white and following rules. I left the job last October and filed for unemployment because of a hostile work environment. there's really only so much you can take and so long you can hold your tongue before you start having the wrong kind of thoughts.
I don't do ethnic distinctions. it makes no sense. we're all in this ball together...why make it harder? but some people aren't content until they've turned common decency into a race game.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its not just skin colour, we now have 'blue racism'.

Police officers are victims of a wave of "blue racism" breaking across the US, a union has claimed.

"Because I am blue, increasingly, I am vilified," the New York Police Department (NYPD) Sergeants' Benevolent Association said in a promotional video.

"The average person doesn’t see those things that make me human.

"They don’t even label me based on being African-American, Latino, Asian, Caucasian and so on.

"They tend to see an even broader stereotype, through an even more racist lens.

"When they look at me, they see blue."

Polic e claim officers are now victims of 'blue racism'

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You are 100% correct about generalizations. After all that is what has caused a number genocides

The problem is talking about "race", "race" is not actually a quantifiable biological thing. Genetics has shown that there is more variation "with a supposed race" than "between the supposed races". What does that tell you?

Every time this argument happens, some muppet will bring up a generalization about "people with skin a certain colour are better at certain sports". Oh look a generalization....

So yes generalizations are a bad thing! SO is the holding to the idea of race. Most people think about ethnicities (a non biological thing, more a meme (in the Dawkins sense) than anything else, not a gene)....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most people are racist to some degree or another, including most of those who say they aren't. I suspect there's a biological component to it, generalizing, being in some way evolutionarily desirable at one time, probably when there were more life and death decisions and those having to be made in fractions of a second.

I did a thread on this a while back. The ones that claimed they weren't racist by and large reported having a preponderance of positive interactions, or at least neutral interactions, with people of a given different race. You'd think they'd be able to grasp the issue might be different for people that weren't so fortunate in their interactions with other races, but I didn't see that. Pressure in terms of available resources probably plays a role in whether racism rears it's ugly head in a particular person and to what degree it does so as well.

Hey, I'm a racist. I'm not going to deny it. But it's not a part of myself that I like and I struggle against it, I work to make it a smaller part of who I am, try not to embarrass myself by acting on it.

I don't really think there's much more anyone can do than that.

edit on 23-8-2017 by imwilliam because: corrected jumbled words

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I'm not sure it's biological as much as psychological (hey perhaps its that bit of psychology programmed in?). But its well known that there is a "fear of those who are different" wired into most of us. Back when it was small tribes trying to survive, "strangers were dangers" in a very real sense! Over time we've learned to work as larger groups.

Racism however, its undergone a lot of iterations over the years. Once it was "acceptable" to "bring culture to the savages", you were "helping them become closer to God" after all (puke). Now? Racism seems to be a defense against the natural changer in society, where old ways are torn down.

If you look at the various nationalist groups today, they are full of people who are convinced they are superior, without being able to demonstrate that. They are not the best their culture can field... they are afraid that is actually the case, and the "stranger" needs to be driven out. Even if they succeeded, they'd not be at the top of their dying society.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join