It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eclipse and the sixth seal of Revelation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My thoughts on it are -where- was the author or authors of this when they wrote it? Had hey ever seen such an event before? If so then how many were damaged by it and told that God was punishing them. I doubt it was written specifically for the US event because it's happened before in my life time in other places in the world.

Everytime an eclipse happens people assume the same damn thing, that it's the end of time. I always assumed the sun being blocked out in Revelations would be a nuke but that too is debatable seeing as it's happened before so if it happens at all, it will probably happen in or near Jerusalem and the middle eastern areas to favor the biblical aspects.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

The vision was a world-wide one as it talks about all nations and peoples, but it is Middle East and Jerusalem-centric. The authors would not have recognized anything other than those areas and regions to have named anything.

So even if they saw modern nations and peoples, they would not have had names to put to them.

But they are talking about the end of the world for everyone, too, so it's for everyone.

Whatever will be, will be. It's on God's timetable, not ours. We are simply told to watch and be ready that we not be taken unaware and unprepared.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: nowuknow
a reply to: neoholographic

OH MY GOD......OH MY GOSH!!!!

We are screwed!

Discounted survivor kit....was $49.95 on sale for only $44.95!!!!!!

Get it before it's too late!!! Discount for sinners!

If a seal bites you, you might get a bad infection. Life will turn to hell quickly having to put up with all the doctors.

But... the baby ones are so cute. I can't help wanting to pat them even if I know they are god's official wrath.

We used to have a guy who trained sea lions for Disney up here and after he retired he had a bunch of sea lions and had a little park up here where he would have a show while he trained them. We petted them and fed them fish. Nobody ever got sick. He would haul them all back down to Florida to do shows in the fall and come back for three months the next summer with them, the trained ones stayed down there. I think they would buy his trained animals. He also had some animals like otters he was training. The Sea Lion I liked best was left in Florida and the guy told me which show he was appearing on. But there was about four or five sea lions on that show, I didn't know which one he was.

That must have been forty eight years or more ago. It seems like a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth

Isn't there supposed to be an asteroid within a couple of million miles pass between the earth and sun sometime in the next couple of days?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth

Isn't there supposed to be an asteroid within a couple of million miles pass between the earth and sun sometime in the next couple of days?

Right now, my favorite bit of doom is that Nibiru is the red dragon part of the prophecy after the Rev 12 sign. So, basically, we should all be able to see Nibiru in the sky on Monday or something because I fail to see how it would be close enough to pass by the earth and hit Jupiter or whatever it's doing to make the stars fall and NOT be plainly visible finally during totality.

But Nibiru is the red dragon that will make the stars fall to earth ushering in the Day of the Lord and precipitating the need to remove the believers from earth.

Maybe the one thing will happen, but I am highly skeptical on Nibiru. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the idea of the doom though.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If there were an earthquake, people wouldn't want to hide in caves in mountains. For the sun to become as black as sack-cloth of hair, and for the moon to become red that would be soot or desert sand. A localized meteorite impact would do that. If something hit the desert, it would create a crater (or glassify the sand) and then send glowing fragments back down to Earth.

There are few craters in the Libyan desert that are thought to belong to the comet that created Libyan desert glass:
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh my please..
Like this is the first eclipse ever.
We're all gonna diiiiie.
Seriously, the last eclipse like this was 32 or 38 years ago (can't remember) and we're still here. Maybe not doing okay, but we are here.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You might just find this one interesting - it's bible oriented.

There is a solar eclipse coming on August 21st of 2017 that has been called The Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017. It will cross the United States of America from coast to coast. The path of solar darkness will come in from the Pacific Ocean, crossing the coast of Oregon. It will transit right across the lower 48 states, and exit out into the Atlantic through South Carolina. But that is not all.

America will have another solar eclipse pass across it coming in from another direction seven years later in 2024. These two eclipses, (and two is the Biblical number of witness), are putting a great big X on the USA. But that too is not all. The two eclipses seven years apart! Could this have a possible connection to the coming 70th Week of Daniel and the final 7 years of this age?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
I've always enjoyed reading Revelation and the sixth seal always stood out to me because it's obviously an eclipse. It says:

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 6 chapter.

There isn't any orders to the seals. John just tells us the order he sees the seals but not that they will happen in that order.

This would suggest an earthquake or explosion that's very powerful will occur on Monday.

Of course, this is pure speculation and in a Predictions&Prophecies forum is the best place to talk about these things. Monday, will end like every other Monday but speculating on these things is fun as long as you're not trying to sell a survivor kit for $49.95.

The blood moon happens with lunar eclipses, not solar eclipses.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If the eclipse was centered over the Middle East I'd be more interested in the end times event angle.

An giant earthquake at the same time would definitely get a lot of people's attention!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Perhaps someone here could help me understand what i recorded during the eclipse? I know its not a reflection in my lens as the clouds travel in front of the object.
youtu.be...
Thx

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If the eclipse was centered over the Middle East I'd be more interested in the end times event angle.

An giant earthquake at the same time would definitely get a lot of people's attention!

from the way I read the prediction an enormous EQ happens, which causes the Daylight to be darkened, a blood noon at night and the Earth wobble is what serves to cause 'Stars to fall' (meaning the normal night sky constellation positions are askew all of a sudden)... the Earth Jolt causes Tsunami's, ergo the islands and mountains (prominent high points &/or nations' governments) are no longer where you thought they should be (GPS messed up bad)...

any solar eclipse is not even hinted at in those verses of the 6th event

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yesterday I went with my family to the border between NE and KS to watch the eclipse. There were some people in each of the two towns on either side of the state line.

We found a spot in the center of an enormous corn-field (as far as the horizon on all sides) -
and we watched.

It was cool. We really enjoyed it.

I have pics. You interested in seeing them?

Didn't think so.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Obviously an eclipse? A bit if confirmation bias, no? It doesn't even sound like a description of an eclipse, let alone is it "obviously" one.
Also, Revelations is pure fantasy. So, you know... it doesn't actually have any bearing on the real world whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join