It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Corp training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Alright I am sorry I dont know what forum to put this in Feel free to move it (Probably to the Health & wellness)I am a High School Junior and I am thinking about and most likely am going to join the Marines I know that I am kinda young and probably starting too early but does anyone know any working out tips to prepare myself for their training or does anyone know how tuff they really are I know they are tuff If there are any marines out there or former I would really like to know I was wondering If anyone really knew

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Thug69]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the mariens have the longest and toughest boot camp. everyone who wants to be a marien has to go through their basic this includes newly comissioned offciers and transfers from other branches of the military. you need to do some serious thinking about joining the corps!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Make sure that before you go you can run 3 miles in 20 minutes, do 100 situps in 2 minutes, and at least 15 pullups. If you can do that, that is a great start. Then to be really prepared, it would be a good idea to practice running with a backpack with 30-40 pounds in it, swimming with a full set of clothes on, and lots of mountain climbers!

It would also be a good idea to learn your 11 General Orders, complete rank structure, and any general Marine Corps history you can get a hold of.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't know if this is any good, but the official US Marines website is :
www.usmc.mil...

And here is some info about 'surviving' the US Marines Boot camp:
usmilitary.about.com...

top topics

join